• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Faith (3DS)

Ahasverus

The lastest rumors sound too good to be true. Don't break my heart Konami

Quoted for new page:
http://www.dualpixels.com/profiles/blogs/rumor-more-castlevania-games-getting-revealed-at-e3
We have gotten word from our trusty source Geno, that we can be expecting more Castlevania reveals at E3. As some of you may have seen Castlevania: Mirrors of Faith(3DS) got leaked earlier today, this news coincides with it. Castlevania: Mirrors of Faith will be shown with a Castlevania Lords of Shadows Sequel which is hinted for a PS3, Xbox 360, Vita, and Wii-U release. The Wii-U and 3DS Castlevania Titles are said to be Cross Compatible according to our source, which makes us ponder about the Cross Compatibly for Vita and PS3.The 3DS Version of Castlevania: Mirrors of Faith, will also feature Co-op play and will be a 2-D sidescrolling game. We will give you more details as unveilings follow.

The OP should be updated

duckroll

Based on what I heard ages ago, this should be a 2.5D sidescrolling game, similar to the Dracula X remake on PSP. It's developed by Mercury Steam as a portable support game for the console LoS sequel. I dunno if anything has changed since then though.

Foffy

Banned
Based on what I heard ages ago, this should be a 2.5D sidescrolling game, similar to the Dracula X remake on PSP. It's developed by Mercury Steam as a portable support game for the console LoS sequel. I dunno if anything has changed since then though.

Fits a lot with what we know now.

Ahasverus

MOAR details please :puppy eyes:

Vrakanox

Hi! Found me, I'm a double agent :p

So, Castlevania in ALL platfforms? And as a WiiU launch title? Sounds CRAZY

Very wise decision on Konami's part. I have every system already but not all my friends do. It's starting to look like a 3ds was a wise investment after all. I hope Mercury Steam pulls this off they have some big shoes to fill after Ecclesia.

Now the decision is whether to get LoS2 on the PS3 or WiiU for the connectivity.

TreIII

Very wise decision on Konami's part. I have every system already but not all my friends do. It's starting to look like a 3ds was a wise investment after all. I hope Mercury Steam pulls this off they have some big shoes to fill after Ecclesia.

Now the decision is whether to get LoS2 on the PS3 or WiiU for the connectivity.

Assuming this is all true? I say, If I'm going to get the 3DS version, I might as well get the most bang for my buck and get the WiiU version. Hopefully, there won't be too long of a timelapse between the WiiU version and its cohorts, if any.

Like I said, the bulkier the controller, the worse I am at playing fast paced action titles. If you guys don't have that problem, that's awesome, but I definitely do. I tried playing DMC4 on the 360 controller and it was not a pleasant experience.

Same with the DMC HD Collection. I just couldn't do it. Thankfully I managed Bayonetta a bit better, but I would have definitely went for the PS3 version if it weren't such a sad piece of shit port.

You just got to practice!

And Wii U + 3DS would be the way for me as well, wonder what kind of cross functionality we'll see.

Luigiv

Like I said, the bulkier the controller, the worse I am at playing fast paced action titles. If you guys don't have that problem, that's awesome, but I definitely do. I tried playing DMC4 on the 360 controller and it was not a pleasant experience.

Same with the DMC HD Collection. I just couldn't do it. Thankfully I managed Bayonetta a bit better, but I would have definitely went for the PS3 version if it weren't such a sad piece of shit port.

Your weird. :p

M3d10n

There are so many ways this can go wrong, technical and design-wise, I'll dial my expectations to zero until we have further info and media. I can almost see the blurry textures, crappy framerate and terrible controls already, but I'd love having my fears proved wrong, as unlikely as it is.

hatchx

Banned
This is the most exciting news I've heard in a long while.

The DS castlevania's were superb. Dawn of Sorrow is one of my favorite games ever.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Mercury is making both. As far as I know, Iga will never touch the Castlevania IP again.

Honestly, I dunno what he could've done to piss Konami off so badly. I'd wager that the stupider franchise moves were ones perpetrated by Konami rather than Igarashi...

It's just kinda frustrating. I really loved Order of Ecclesia and felt they were starting to tap into some new ideas there... and then there's been nothing of value ever since. And that came out 4 years ago.

duckroll

Honestly, I dunno what he could've done to piss Konami off so badly. I'd wager that the stupider franchise moves were ones perpetrated by Konami rather than Igarashi...

It's just kinda frustrating. I really loved Order of Ecclesia and felt they were starting to tap into some new ideas there... and then there's been nothing of value ever since. And that came out 4 years ago.

I think it isn't so much that he pissed off Konami, but rather the Kojima Productions deal seemed too attractive for Konami. When it comes to political clot within Konami, who do you think management would support? Kojima's choice of direction or Igarashi's? Not to mention, Kojima is actually on the board.

wrowa

If this is merely a side game to the console releases, developed by a team that's already quite busy as it is... what are the chances that this will be a good game and not just a quickly thrown together cash-in?

Derrick01

Banned
New rumors sound pretty solid to me, except for co-op. That sounds bad as usual. But it will be interesting to see what the Wii U connection will be.

As long as the person responsible for whatever that was they tried to call a storyline in LoS is far the hell away from the canon CV games, I'm okay with Mercury Steam. Everything else about LoS was amazing.

This thread exploded.

I'm liking what I'm reading. I mean... it is Mercury Steam, and their Castlevania did give me motion sickness, but I don't judge on first efforts unless they wow me.

duckroll

As long as the person responsible for whatever that was they tried to call a storyline in LoS is far the hell away from the canon CV games, I'm okay with Mercury Steam. Everything else about LoS was amazing.

What's a canon CV game? LoS rebooted the series and it is now the official on-going canon.

where did Iga go anyway? has the gaming press questioned his wherabouts?

He's still a producer in Konami. He produced the localization of Scribblenauts for Japan, and worked on some small games of not consequence in the last few years.

Wow, so Lordsavania is all we really have now?

ygtPF.jpg

Ahasverus

Bad luck man, that person is the head of studio and game director hahah

Foffy

Banned
Bad luck man, that person is the head of studio and game director hahah

He was one of four writers for the game, I think. Seriously, wrap your head around that for a second: multiple people penned that plot. Granted I think two of them write comic books but goddamn was the plot in the game awful.

Persona 3

But if you're gone who will do the OTs for the next two 'vanias?

duckroll

All these reactions to Iga being taken off CV are hilarious. Finally you guys understand how I felt when Iga took over the CV franchise to begin with. :D

What a shame. It's been long enough since the last "Igavania" that they could have a breath of creative fresh air. And even if it's not revolutionary, we're long overdue that most probably wouldn't mind.

Lords of Shadow is fine and has it's own flavor...but to keep the MercurySteam stuff as "everything Castlevania" is wrong in my opinion - and to extend the Western developed Castlevania to even handhelds shows that Konami just doesn't care about Igavania anymore and perhaps is another case of "outsourcing delusion" we've been seeing with Capcom, the idea that Japanese developed stuff won't get the sales so drop it altogether.

Don't know why it was so much to ask for a new IGA Metroidvania with Yamane on the soundtrack. Yamane did work for Konami-published Skullgirls recently, so I'm sure she could be persuaded to return to Castlevania. And are we sure Iga is totally out of the picture?
These people aren't getting any younger and it will be a shame never to see a new IGA Metroidvania or classic style Castlevania again.

Foffy

Banned
All these reactions to Iga being taken off CV are hilarious. Finally you guys understand how I felt when Iga took over the CV franchise to begin with. :D

It's not the lack of IGA that has me upset. I just worry Mercury Steam will tamper with the qualities we expect from the portable games for the worse.

Yamane did work for Konami-published Skullgirls recently, so I'm sure she could be persuaded to return to Castlevania.

Persuaded? IGA told her personally if she wants to compose for another Castlevania game, she'll get the job. Now, with Mercury Steam having all of this, they probably wouldn't take her even if she pleaded.

Top Bottom