• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBS Greenlights 'Elementary' Modern Sherlock Holmes Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingocfs

benedict-cumberbatch1.jpg

AlexMogil

He also needs a wacky talking dog and a friend only he can see!

And it has to be set in the swinging sixties, only he's from the 1800's.

And there also has to be a hey where are you going?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
An American version of the BBC Sherlock that puts him in NYC and titled after a term he never actually used...

Brilliant.

KAOz

Short bus special
An American version of the BBC Sherlock that puts him in NYC and titled after a term he never actually used...

Brilliant.

He DID use "Elementary!"

It was "Elementary, my dear Watson" that was never ever used in the books.

I was so impressed by the last episode of Sherlock on Sunday, I seriously don't see anybody topping this series for quite a while, let alone shitty ass CBS network tv.

And Benedict Cumberbatch is one of the greatest names of all time. It sounds like something out of a name generator. And the dude's voice and mannerisms live up to the name as well.

Chris R

At least they didn't make Holmes a kid in elementary school solving murders and other mysteries, all while still trying to do his homework, make friends, and just be a kid!

At least they didn't make Holmes a kid in elementary school solving murders and other mysteries, all while still trying to do his homework, make friends, and just be a kid!

Encyclopedia Brown would like to have a word with you...

4R44-l.jpg

Just watch BBC's Sherlock. Anyone know when series 2 is going to air in the states?

Chris R

Encyclopedia Brown would like to have a word with you...

4R44-l.jpg

Just watch BBC's Sherlock. Anyone know when series 2 is going to air in the states?

I thought that was a kid solving OTHER kids problems, I was talking something more like Doogie Howser, Det. Sgt.

Sherlock will be played by some good looking but non charismatic actor like Eddie Cibrian, Watson will be played by a comedian.

Their will be interrogations where lawyers aren't called.

It will be terrible.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Well, this probably won't be anywhere near as good as BBC Sherlock, but I'll at least watch the pilot.

Police chief
The body was found on the beach early this morning, cause of death drowning. We have an ID, the victim was a famous singer 20 years ago.

Holmes
Looks like he's *Puts pipe in mouth* all washed up.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Well, it was inevitable really. Just look at the killing, homeland, the office etc.

LakeEarth

I love my city, but not EVERYTHING needs to be set in NYC!!!
Well this is probably a cost cutting measure. No need to shoot on location when you can shoot right outside your studio. Which was probably the pitch for 30 Rock.

I JUST started watching Sherlock, and it is amazing. Too bad Canadian Netflix only have the first three 1.5 hour episodes.

Patryn

Bringing a well-established public domain character into a modern setting isn't exactly a unique work of creative genius.

But I'm sure this one will be much worse than the BBC version.

But given that it's happening so close to a critically beloved and successful version of that EXACT SAME THING, I think one can connect the dots.

Next, a Downton Abbey-inspired series set in the Hamptons.

But seriously, is there some rule that major television networks in the US are not allowed to show anything produced outside of the country?

SimleuqiR

Well this is probably a cost cutting measure. No need to shoot on location when you can shoot right outside your studio. Which was probably the pitch for 30 Rock.

I JUST started watching Sherlock, and it is amazing. Too bad Canadian Netflix only have the first three 1.5 hour episodes.

Some things should just not be "Americanized".

The American Life on Mars is a good example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom