• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chick-fil-A is playing religious music while you eat on the low

You guys better be glad I'm not EviLore. I'd find some sort of way to embed Wonderful Christmas Time every time you clicked anything on this website.

Also this thread is giving me the giggles here at work.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
There's so many more reasons to rag in Chick-fil-A than this. You should take a look at their business donations.

Every time you do, assholes gloat about eating there. They do it to hurt people intentionally.

Fuck them, I'll still say it - bigoted company, and if you eat there you knowingly and eagerly support bigotry.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
As long as it isn't Creed, then it's all good.

Don't need Scott Stapp infecting my ears whilst I enjoy waffle fries.

RevenWolf

Adding to this I would recommend Flyleaf, which isn’t wholly worship music but they do have plenty of songs that are influenced by it.

Again
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KbdCeWoEH1U

All around Me
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=417YOjyl1kg

I’m not American so I’ve never been to chic-a whatever, but from what I heard of their politics I really wouldn’t want to support them.

Though I will say I don’t really see the harm in playing worship music. I lived in a predominantly Muslim country for half my life and remember hearing the call to prayer song playing never bothering me at all.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Who cares?

Though every chik fil a I've been in has been so crowded that it's so loud that u can't hear shit.

The one at my CFA has its music only audible in the bathrooms, while other CFAs in my area have it audible at medium volume.

Christian here. Most Christian rock sucks lol, but there are some gems here and there. If at CFA, I'll go "hey, I recognize that! that's cool" for 2 seconds, and then continue eating my awesome chicken sandwich.

The highlight of my CFA was a bush shaped like a cow that's also a Pokemon Go gym.
Also, Chick-fil-A sauce is the bomb.

This offends my edgelord sensibilities. Just knowing that that occurs somewhere in the world, totally unrelated to me is making me upset.

Lol I've always known, a whole childhood of hearing the songs is why. Nothing wrong with it, especially if they're just instrumentals. Also I like the songs, anything other than a radio playing rap/pop/country is fine with me. I go to Chik fil a for serenity and great service.

Griss

I'm an atheist and I love worship music. My most listened to radio station is fucking Haitian worship music in english and creole, lol. Shit is absolute dynamite. I have just enough french to understand the DJ, but you really don't need to. Wish I had some samples to post, shit goes from dancehall tracks about gangsters finding god to power ballads about jesus within the same 10 minute spell.

Also, Taize chanting is awesome to relax and chill out to.

Anyway, it's Chick-Fil-A, everyone know's what they're about. Doesn't bother me in the slightest - I could always eat elsewhere.

JABEE

Spiritual have influenced every popular music genre. Broaden your horizons.

I've wandered so aimless life filled with sin
I wouldn't let my dear savior in.

Eusis

The majority of religious music I've heard makes it sounds like the singer wants to get into Jesus's pants but I'm sure there is good stuff out there
The best stuff is probably old (classical music anyone?), or maybe stuff not made by devout believers (or believers at all) so it's a theme rather than gushing. But I'd have to have more real exposure and I don't go out of my way for that, leaving either a random thing done by a band I follow or something from a game/anime being the thing I heard.

EDIT: Probably helps if that's not the only thing they do, actually. Do they play music solely to preach, or was their faith something they wanted to make a song of? Nevermind just using that as the song theme regardless of actual faith.

Diablos

I just feel bad when their employees are forced to say “it’s a great day at chick fil a”. What if you’re having a bad day!?

I used to work at a McAlister's Deli and they would pump the place full of awful christian rock 24/7. I must have heard the word "glorious" a million times.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Well, there's a reason the company is so openly homophobic... Shouldn't be much of a surprise that they're playing Christian music in the lobby.

Beartruck

Meh. I think if you go to Chick fil-a you know what you're getting at this point.

Besides, a lot of religious music can be kickass. You'd probably never know Andy Hunter's song "Come on" was religious unless I told you because outside of the phrase "kingdom come" it is 4 straight minutes of street racing music.

Yeah I think it varies between Chick-fil-a’s. But as long as it’s tasteful I don’t really care. I remember I went into a CFA back home during Christmas time and they were playing a nice saxophone rendition of Ave Maria. As long as it’s not in my face and it sounds pleasant, I don’t mind.

Keasar

There's two things I am sure about Chick-fil-A.

They are religious and they hate homosexuals.

No idea about their food.

Top Bottom