• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Avellone is Fighting Back (Update: won seven figure lawsuit, formal apology/retraction from accusers)

I wonder why is it that these woke anti-everything twitter activist also spew the most hate online. She can't engage in a sensible conversation like an adult without insulting the opponent. In any mid-2000s internet forum such behavior would be considered childish and laughed upon, but these days its a norm. I can't stand it.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Those accusations sound flimsy. Why post this shit on twitter instead of going to the police?

This bitch sounds like an alcoholic tbh. Also not to mention, pronouns in twitter bio & blacklivermatter cult member

Last edited:
I WILL NOT.

The way she words herself tell you all you need to know about it. She was never traumatized nor anything. Maybe he really did something. But the reason she goes public now is for personal attention and possibly profit and/or to ruin this guy.

Reminds me of how Zoe Quinn drove Alec Holowka into suicide, just because some random day she chose to tell long past stories about him, even though she added that she had forgiven him and all. :/

VN1X

Banned
mURVkIV.png

No evidence. No police fillings. No other side of the story. No legal trial. No nothing. But fret not ladies and gentlemen: we got him.

Bluecheckmarks have saved the world yet again, one baseless accusation at a time!

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Why is everyone suddenly using the term 'gaslighting?' What does it even mean?
Gaslighting is to trick someone uses -- often over a period of time -- on a naive peson to get them thinking "I'm just imagining it". The goal is not necessarily to get the victim to believe something but moreso to stop believing their own suspicions and thoughts. Then the gaslighter can act as their arbiter of truth and manipulate them further. The behavior is typically associated with overt and covert narcissistic personality disorder.

The gaslighting response to your post would go something like "Gaslighting? They meant to say 'gas fighting', which is about ethics in journalism. No such thing as 'gaslighting' from what I've heard lol"

Kev Kev

No idea if there's anything to it or if he's getting painted,

1.) call man a fuckstick
2.) fuckstick is slang for penis
3.) so youre basically saying hes just a penis
4.) which means you are objectifying him based on his reproductive parts
5.) which is just as bad as calling someone a pussy which SJW's love to get outraged about
6.) sorry bitch, looks like you need to be canceled too

welp, that was easy. who we cancelling next yall?

Spaceman292

Banned
Gaslighting is to trick someone uses -- often over a period of time -- on a naive peson to get them thinking "I'm just imagining it". The goal is not necessarily to get the victim to believe something but moreso to stop believing their own suspicions and thoughts. Then the gaslighter can act as their arbiter of truth and manipulate them further. The behavior is typically associated with overt and covert narcissistic personality disorder.

The gaslighting response to your post would go something like "Gaslighting? They meant to say 'gas fighting', which is about ethics in journalism. No such thing as 'gaslighting' from what I've heard lol"
Okay that makes sense. No wonder people are talking about it a lot right now.

Guilty_AI

Resetera to the rescue

lol, there's already one user in that thread banned for "victim blaming"

OutRun88

So now as a man I can get cancelled because the relationship I'm in with a woman doesn't perfectly play out like her favorite RomCom?

I swear Twitter is highly effective at destroying brain cells. Every time I read a post it feels like a straight 2x4 to the head.

For her it sounded like a typical night of a bunch of single people with high libido drinking too much. Can the world get back to taking accountability for their actions?

I realized the ONLY reason I was able to refuse him in my blackout stupor was because I was on my period that weekend. The ONLY reason. (The shame society places on menstruation actually came in handy for once, smdh.)
Give me a break...the shame?

Eventually, she did, but not before he raged out of a restaurant drunk as fuck (as usual), leaving her behind, after which point she wandered the downtown streets of a major convention city late at night, ALONE, looking for him because she was worried he would get hurt due to how drunk he was. This was my breaking point.
This woman needs a seriously reality check. This is normal human interaction when alcohol is involved. People get upset and walk out when intoxicated. Every gender does it. Notice how there is no context as to what made him 'rage'? Not that it matters to the people who eat this shit up. She could have told him she was pregnant and it wasn't his and he'd still be the villain.

It pains me to think these are the type of people that managed to destroy the workplace for many people. Victimhood culture at its absolute best people.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Women are so primed to see themselves as a victim of men, it's sad. It's not just sad for the men unjustly blamed and shamed, it's sad for the women, too. Imagine seeing the world through her eyes of victimhood, blame, outrage. You can't control your own emotional reactions or even reflect on them -- you just lash out at others (from a safe distance, of course) and feel "good" about yourself. It's really a sick way of functioning in the world.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
So what is the issue again? Why is she rallying the interweb people to ruin this guys' life? Sounds like normal relationship problems honestly.

In a relationship when someone accuses the other person of some unwanted behavior and they get defensive, deflect, and blame the other person that is "gaslighting". Why in the world would you think such a thing is just normal selfish boyfriend who probably wants out of the relationship, but also doesn't want to be alone and acts like many people do in such cases, especially when alcohol is involved?

I noticed she had her pronouns on her Twitter page, lost all respect.

I had no idea what this was referring to. First time hearing the term pronouns in a sjw sense.

Then I looked up She/her and all this gender shit came up. Ze/hir? Ze/xem/xyr? Like is ze some kind of new gender they created? Sounds like some shit from star trek they just made up. literally don't get it and I don't want to. Fucked up place the world is becoming. Bunch of care bears.

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
1.) call man a fuckstick
5.) which is just as bad as calling someone a pussy which SJW's love to get outraged about

You canceled my thread like a little bitch ass hypocrite! Shitting others fun because you're sad little boy inside.
1.) call man a fuckstick

You're that dude that interjects a conversation about rape and throws out the 'Men get raped more than women' statistic.

Kev Kev

You canceled my thread like a little bitch ass hypocrite! Shitting others fun because you're sad little boy inside.

You're that dude that interjects a conversation about rape and throws out the 'Men get raped more than women' statistic.
easy buddy. i didnt get your thread canceled (i didnt report if thats what your thinking, not really sure...), not even sure what that means. i also do not throw around that statistic, never have.

maybe next time, collect your emotions before you post inaccurate, embarrassing, knee-jerk outbursts like this.

niilokin

Attention seeking twitter drama that feeds ResentEra-minded people needs to stop. If there was a crime, go to the police. (hope these arent the same ACAB people as well...)

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
easy buddy. i didnt get your thread canceled (i didnt report if thats what your thinking, not really sure...), not even sure what that means. i also do not throw around that statistic, never have.

maybe next time, collect your emotions before you post inaccurate, embarrassing, knee-jerk outbursts like this.
Ok, dude.

Kev Kev

Ok, dude.
my first post was satire btw, i just realized you might actually believe i was being serious

so knowing all these facts now, are you seriously still upset w me? just because i didnt think the video in your thread was funny (the thread got locked so i guess i wasnt the only one lol) and you couldnt tell i was being sarcastic ITT so i called you out on it?

like, what are you even upset about?

sn0man

Resetera to the rescue

not in the OP quoted portion.

I witnessed, and experienced, his behavior firsthand. He got me blackout drunk on Midori Sours (on the company dime). He and two friends somehow got me back to my room, where he pounced in front of the other guys. They left after a few moments (also drunk), and one of them-

-told me what he had witnessed the next evening. I had very vague impressions that someone had made out with me when I woke up that morning, but thought it was a dream. When I asked Chris about it, he told me that I had eventually refused him. When more of the night came back-

-to me, I realized the ONLY reason I was able to refuse him in my blackout stupor was because I was on my period that weekend. The ONLY reason. (The shame society places on menstruation actually came in handy for once, smdh.) Other nights, I watched him do the same to-

This event doesn’t paint him in the best light.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
So some cis white hetero (maybe bi since it's the new meme to lie about it for LGBT points) woman is trying to drag Avellone down. A man who is intelligent, articulate and worked on some of the best written games in the industry?

Lol okay sweetie. Also black people don't need you parading around as an ally. It's 2020, they can speak for themselves.

hunthunt

Banned
On one hand she is obviously an attention seeking whore, in the other he seems to be a fucking scumbag who happens to be a talented videogames dev.

Bkdk

Warinig: She's ugly, I wish she would tell people to wear sunglasses so people can avoid trauma to their eyes.

Lol he abused "star power" hahaha..

Outrageous Fact Time: Should I ever be famous, rich, etc, basically in a position where women flock to me - yes, I will "abuse" that situation, as in, I'll have fun and lots of sex with various hot girls.

Being in a position of power doesn't make dating automatically evil. Ofc, if someone actively threatens or otherwise forces someone into sex, that's different. However, to make that clear, too: "Being too afraid to say no" is not being forced. If you cannot even say "no" to a man, you have problems other than your perceived assault.

Top Bottom