• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cinemassacre's Monster Madness X: The Final Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronos86

What still photos? You mean the two photos when mentioning the modern remake? Because I saw throughout the whole reiew actual video from the original Wicker Man flick.

Where?! I'm seeing just still photos just like everyone else on here. How are you seeing video?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Last years was ruined by all the 'discussion' episodes. Hopefully they stick to this format.

And I don't even hate Mike.

jwk94

This episode was better, but I'm really disappointed by the format this time around. I don't mind seeing James talk, but I'd also like some full-screen clips too like the older years.

Blader

Why would he suddenly need to switch to stills after nine years of using clips? Would that mean all the older videos are in danger of being taken down?

jackal27

Banned
Really disappointed by this year's videos because they're just screenshots. I always liked in previous years how he would show specific shots and comment on different scenes. This feels very boring and bare bones :/

Would much rather have had them stay just on his website if he could use actual footage.

AcridMeat

Banned
Really disappointed by this year's videos because they're just screenshots. I always liked in previous years how he would show specific shots and comment on different scenes. This feels very boring and bare bones :/

Would much rather have had them stay just on his website if he could use actual footage.
Having similar feelings. The Wickerman review would have really benefited from showing the end scene, or how the film builds tension.

Tomita

I don't mind the lack of clips as much, but l'm used to reading film reviews that are just purely text with maybe a few pictures posted with it. Not that I disagree that clips can add something to a review--they certainly can, especially in how you write one--but I can live without it.

Maybe James really needs the monetization so doesn't want to risk any problems on YouTube?

As for why WatchMojo and other channels can get away with clips and others can't...that is really weird. :/ Maybe it has to do with popularity of the channel or demographics? So YouTube lets things slide because WatchMojo brings more people to YouTube? From Wiki:

WatchMojo has one of the largest channels on YouTube. It surpassed 10 million subscribers on December 5, 2015.[6] 40% of its viewers and 20% of its subscribers are female, and 50% hail from English speaking countries.[7]
[...]
In December 2014, on the day its YouTube channel surpassed 6 million subscribers, it announced a representation deal with talent agency William Morris Endeavor.

I went back and watched a few of the old Frankenstein reviews, I'm really missing the clips this year. I'll stick it out though, since it's the last one.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
As mentioned in the comments, James has been wearing a tiny hat for every review. 😄

KFhgyXg.jpg

ckohler

This year's episodes have been great with my only issue being no footage (just screenshots) however I don't blame him for doing that to avoid copyright strikes.

Big Nikus

I think it's still great even without footage. He's so passionate about some of the movies, it's contagious.
I need to watch Mighty Joe Young now.
And I'm definitely watching Frankenhooker this month, it seems to be the good kind of bonkers.

I think James is giving a really nice variety of reviews this Monster Madness. Can't believe he is on number 10 now. It is one of my favorite things that James does yearly.

lazygecko

Michael Parks carries that entire film. The scenes with him in the mansion is what makes it really work as a traditional horror experience. I wish he was in more films.

munchie64

The "Silver Age" (50s and 60s) is being split into two videos; one for 50s Sci-Fi and one for 60s Horror. Here, in the Top 15 Silver Age Sci-Fi James is doing three top 5s for alien invaders, monsters on the loose and scientific disasters...

That's a bit of a mouthful, just watch the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd8_n8kZFI0

Maximo

Much respect for this years Monster Madness alot of work wen't into these especially the top 10 top 5 breakdowns of numerous films.

Apathy

It's sad that this will be the last full year. I look forward to this in October as my treat as I don't normally like horror films

Blader

I kind of miss the clips, but using stills instead of video actually hasn't bothered me at all. The reviews are still as fun as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom