• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cinemassacre's Monster Madness X: The Final Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

-sdp

The shorter and no video has affected this years marathon just like last year the Mike reviews ruined most of the days. I prefer to have less reviews but have them be of a better quality.

It's sad that this will be the last full year. I look forward to this in October as my treat as I don't normally like horror films

We've had more than a few years without 31 reviews, heck the second year of Monster Madness wasn't 31, we had the 80s re-run marathon and others like last year where he talked to Mike about it and were cheap ways to "get" to the 31 and I'm sure I'm missing others. Keeping it at 13 would be nice or one for each weekend works out. I'm also not a fan of horror films and enjoy these.

Linkura

He's highlighted a fair number of movies that I wouldn't consider horror, but this is still way better than last year's videos with Mike. Interestingly enough, the promo said Mike would be included this year as well, but he hasn't been in any so far. I mean, I like Mike, but he doesn't fit well with Monster Madness, nor did the format of the videos he was in last year.

I don't mind the no clips too much, since the audio is otherwise the same. He'd have to take them off of Youtube and get far fewer views if he included them. Guy has to make a living, and I understand that.

Fox Mulder

He's highlighted a fair number of movies that I wouldn't consider horror, but this is still way better than last year's videos with Mike.

He's always had a wide coverage of horror, monsters, and Sci-fi stuff. I like it better than just a month of slashers or straight horror.

munchie64

Top 15 Silver Age Horror, which means:
639604.gif

jph139

Mildly surprised he doesn't care for Rosemary's Baby, since it's easily my favorite horror movie of all time.

I think the "top ten" lists are the highlight this year, a great summary of the past few years of Monster Madness. You can tell he's having trouble trying to trim them down, though, ha ha.

Linkura

I love Rosemary's Baby too. Very strange.

I'd reverse #1 and #2 on today's list, but I know his #1 is very dear to his heart, and it is a really good movie, so I can't be mad.

jph139

Another outside of the box choice, but it's definitely one of the most iconic "monster mash" type films, so I'd say it deserves a spot. Makes me miss stop motion creature features.

Linkura

80s list is outrageous. The Thing as an honorable mention is the most ridiculous shit I've ever seen.

Usually I can at least see his reasoning on these things, but I think he was way off the mark on the 80s in particular.

Big Nikus

80s list is outrageous. The Thing as an honorable mention is the most ridiculous shit I've ever seen.

Usually I can at least see his reasoning on these things, but I think he was way off the mark on the 80s in particular.

Has he done an episode about The Thing already ? I've searched but didn't find anything.

Savitar

Ha, in that bronze age one you can hear what I guess must be his daughter up stairs making sounds and stomping on the floor. First I thought I might be hearing things or James was trying to put in some back ground sound effects as some clever little message.

munchie64

Ha, in that bronze age one you can hear what I guess must be his daughter up stairs making sounds and stomping on the floor. First I thought I might be hearing things or James was trying to put in some back ground sound effects as some clever little message.
Yeah, that kind of scared me when I first heard it lol

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Didn't he already cover that one last year?

I wish he would do a full episode about the Herzog remake of Nosferatu. And/or Shadow of the Vampire.
He did? Havent seen last years episodes now that you mention it...

But I agree, would have loved to see full videos on these two.

Edit:
Evil Dead 2 on 1? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom