• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cinemassacre's Monster Madness X: The Final Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchie64

History of Midnight Ghost Shows

This is probably the most interesting episode yet. He goes over a long lost theater performance from the 30's-60's.
Amazingly interesting video. That's a practice of the time if I've ever seen it.

I know this isn't technically the final Monster Madness, but with only two videos left in our regularly scheduled Monster Madness, is there any single film that you guys want him to tackle before he stops doing this kind of marathon? A single thing in all his videos that you're surprised James hasn't talked about?

For me it'd be Jacob's Ladder.

History of Midnight Ghost Shows

This is probably the most interesting episode yet. He goes over a long lost theater performance from the 30's-60's.

Yeah, my dad was a kid during the 50s/early 60s and told me about these things. The blackouts, the shows before the movies, and he even said there were times when skeletons ran through the aisles and someone dressed as the Phantom of the Opera swung(via rope, no net) from one balcony to another. Crazy stuff!

Fox Mulder

Such a shame that this isn't a thing anymore. The idea of it sounds hilarious!

Impossible today due to lawsuits or cynical assholes ruining the fun.

Even the home releases have ruined the fun. 13 ghosts just came out on bluray, which is a william castle gimmick film that let you choose to see ghosts with a red and blue filter viewer in the theater. Mill Creek didn't give enough of a shit to include a cheap viewer to do this at home.

Savitar

I got to watch that movie, meant too for some time now.

Sad to see this end, feels like one step closer to the days Rolfe moves on finally. But as he said he'll always do something.

Also the stomping is still going on heh

jph139

Yeah, sad to see Monster Madness go. I mean, last year or two it was clear he was scraping the bottom of the barrel - movies he liked, or had recently seen, rather than ones he really loved and knew all the ins-and-outs of.

Really loved the Top Tens and stuff, so yeah, I'd love to see more things along those lines from him in the future. And hopefully we still get a video or two each year to celebrate on Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom