• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty of Kinda Funny: source says "most developers are not happy with PS4.5"

Raylan

Banned
He said one developer???
That is MOST??

Can anyone else confirm this?

I'll make a thread for this right now if so.

Exactly what I expeced. Just to stir up bullshit. As you can see, it worked. There are several (online) media outlets with "Developers don't like the PS4" articles.

Hilarious!

Am I missing something? I thought his initial tweet was obvious that he only spoke to one person. He had a source that told him most developers don't like this. He trusted that source based on unknown personal reasons.

It always seemed clear to me that it was his source who had been discussing this with other devs, not Colin directly.

So, what part of this am I missing? Did something new get clarified or are people going out of their way looking for a reason to demonize someone again?

^ Not sarcasm. Legit question.

Am I missing something? I thought his initial tweet was obvious that he only spoke to one person. He had a source that told him most developers don't like this. He trusted that source based on unknown personal reasons.

It always seemed clear to me that it was his source who had been discussing this with other devs, not Colin directly.

So, what part of this am I missing? Did something new get clarified or are people going out of their way looking for a reason to demonize someone again?

^ Not sarcasm. Legit question.

"Most developers the source has spoken with do not like ps4k" is very, very different than "source says most developers don't like ps4k"

One is personal experience, the other attempts to represent all experience. Very different messaging.

This splains why he never responded to me on Twitter. I don't like people putting words in devs (my) mouths just to attention whore to feel "in the know".

I feel, just speaking for me, if iterative consoles and single OS are the future - this gives me broader reach down the line as I would devolop for a brand and not a single incremental box. The ability to reach everyone that owns a branded box is appealing.

This is enough to offset the negatives of added dev time, IMO.

Edit: I'm very much "the glass is at 50% capacity" on this with a slight lean towards "half full". My opinion can change pending on implementation.

daemissary

I like accuracy.
Not some emotionally driven bullshit to attempt to distort and spread misinformation because of his fucking agenda.

What do you think his agenda is? He's one of the larger pro-Sony members of the video game press and has been for years.

If anything, I think it's delightful that he holds Sony's feet to the fire and criticizes them when they make bad decisions rather than try and rationalize everything and pretend that Sony is infallible.

The_Lump

Banned
You don't know me or my views on PS4K. I'm not actually entirely for it either.
I take a huge issue with journalists not committing to their responsibility to inform.

Ok - but it seems pretty simple to me: he has 1 source, that source spoke to multiple developers who are not happy. Ergo there is no "lie".

And yet for someone lamenting about "emotionally driven bullshit" you seem pretty overzealous in your attempts to jump to PS4Ks defence, is all.

Ok - but it seems pretty simple to me: he has 1 source, that source spoke to multiple developers who are not happy. Ergo there is no "lie".

And yet for someone lamenting about "emotionally driven bullshit" you seem pretty overzealous in your attempts to jump to PS4Ks defence, is all.

Again, I am not defending this shit.
It's weird, I don't like it. It's right in the middle of the console gen, PSVR is supposed to come out and by this PS4K coming out it completely contradicts what Andrew House said at the price reveal at GDC. Stating that the advantage of PSVR is that it is on one piece of hardware. There is a lot that I think is wrong with it and It's a bad decision at the this point imo.

This is besides the point. Colin is obfuscating the truth.

Elandyll

Banned
What do you think his agenda is? He's one of the larger pro-Sony members of the video game press and has been for years.

If anything, I think it's delightful that he holds Sony's feet to the fire and criticizes them when they make bad decisions
rather than try and rationalize everything and pretend that Sony is infallible.
Bad decisions according to...

To be clear I am neither for or against PS4K (I guess I might be a rare breed on Gaf atm), but I have read many many posts from people asking to have a more powerful PS4 (1080p60) that would also support 4K tvs (upscaled 4k games, UHDBR, etc) for months, long before any glimmer of a PS4K rumor ever surfaced.

The way I see it, there -is- a demand for such a product.

How big remains to be seen.

Pundit has a negative connotation thanks to Fox News, but it is simply someone who has expert knowledge on a particular field who offers their opinion and commentary on that field to the mass media.

Well he's an expert in being a complete idiot then.

The_Lump

Banned
Again, I am not defending this shit.
It's weird, I don't like it. It's right in the middle of the console gen, PSVR is supposed to come out and by this PS4K coming out it completely contradicts what Andrew House said at the price reveal at GDC. Stating that the advantage of PSVR is that it is on one piece of hardware. There is a lot that I think is wrong with it and It's a bad decision at the this point imo.

This is besides the point. Colin is obfuscating the truth.

He really isn't.

"Source says most devs not happy" is what he said.

It's common sense that he means "most devs" who the source has spoken to. How else would he know?

Like I said: "Emotionally driven" is not something you should be lamenting in somebody else.

No.
I'm saying ffs because the tweet is intentionally worded that way to hide the truth of it.
Read the replies in this thread. Everyone assumes it is indeed "Most developers".

Not "Most developers spoken to".

Well he's an expert in being a complete idiot then.
And the true colors are exposed.

He is also a member of GAF for your reference.

No.
I'm saying ffs because the tweet is intentionally worded that way to hide the truth of it.
Read the replies in this thread. Everyone assumes it is indeed "Most developers".

If you are a child or have an agenda to discredit him and protect Sony's virtue maybe.

I assume you never learned common sense?

No.

Not everyone. I worded above I thought the meaning was obvious.

I'm going to assume that you don't *literally* mean everyone though, because common sense. You getting my point here?

The_Lump

Banned
No.

Ok let's hypothesize that I live on the planet Movalpolos for second and I have a conversation thus:
Source: "Hey I spoke to some devs about PS4K recently"

Me: "Oh?"

Source: "Yeah most aren't happy with it"

Me: "Huh." *writes tweet saying "Source says most devs not happy with PS4K"*

In the above scenario, am I lying and/or obfuscating the truth?

nib95

Banned
Some of the pro Neo or anti Colin posters in here are insufferable. Calling out others for being emotionally charged or obfuscating the truth, when they're the ones ironically doing just that!

What Colin said in his tweet is not a lie, nor is it an obfuscation of the truth. His trusted source is the one who spoke to the developers, and most of those developers were not happy about the PS4K. Him not speaking to the developers personally doesn't change that, nor did he even state that.

What he said actually lines up with what Shinobi also said is the sentiment he got from speaking with devs, and that another developer publicly went on record saying as well. Are you going to throw those two under the bus because it doesn't line up with your preferred narrative as well?

Ridiculous.

Ok let's hypothesize that I live on the planet Movalpolos for second and I have a conversation thus:

In the above scenario, am I lying and/or obfuscating the truth?

You said "some". That is already giving more info than Colin did.

If you go on to write that tweet without adding in that "some" then yes, you are obfuscating the truth.

If you go on to write that tweet without adding in that "some" then yes, you are obfuscating the truth.

Hold on to those straws really tight.

You should read my reply to you above, the one that discredits your post but also makes a point about applying some common sense when gathering meaning from a statement.

The_Lump

Banned

Fine, re-read it and ignore "some" then (these aren't the exact words of their conversation - I made them up /spoiler)

My point remains exactly the same.

Top Bottom