• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colins Last Stand - 30 Patrons away from being the biggest gaming and nerd culture Patreon in the world.

solo220

Neo Member
wow, I haven't listened to it in a while, liked colin but not a huge fan of his cohost, doesn't feel like he adds to much. missed the dynamics between colin and greg

Mithos

You’re right, it is for everyone, which, if the far right had it their way, would not be the case.

Funny, was thinking the same about the left. Hell they have already begun the cleansing...

This brings me great happiness as I originally was kicked of GAF for posting support for Colin, then banned from Resetera for the same thing, and now I am back and Colin is welcome here. The Circle of Life.

Well not surprising since the ones that banned you on old-GAf are the same people that banned you on Era pretty much...

Last edited:

DonF

Great for him. It's one of those podcast that I used to listen on my commute, very chill.

Fuck rat faced greg

You’re right, it is for everyone, which, if the far right had it their way, would not be the case.

Doesn’t that contradict the title of this thread?

Who are you calling far left anyway? Kinda Funny? IGN? Gamespot? Easy Allies? If you think any of those are far left, you don’t know what far left is.

The far right are a bunch of un-unified morons that even the right can’t stand. The far left is like a hive mind of NPCs. They all think and act the same all while seeing who can be the most woke so they can
get retweets. I would say that Gamespot, IGN, and Kinda Funny fit the bill perfectly for being far left. Imagine how many retweets Greg got for backstabbing his supposed best friend. I bet he was hard for a month staight with all of his twitter and resetera fame.

TexMex

I like Colin, but not a big fan of his show. It isn't bad, just feels oddly amateur and boring I guess? Doesn't gel well with his cohost either. Not horrible just surprising it's the biggest one. But if anyone is going to occupy that top spot, I'm glad it's him over some of the other faces of games "journalism" today.

its_Ditz

Probably makes more than Kinda Funny though, which is kinda funny

8715018-0-image-a-32_1547857542694.jpg

Keihart

I don't listen anymore, but it's better than many of the alternatives. Nothing comparable to Beyond! though, that was the best PS podcast.
♫Because no matter how my life has changed, i keep on looking back on better days♪

godammit, i remebered this.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Good job Collin. What happened to him was appalling and the fact that he's now likely making more than the entire KF group combined is sweet, sweet justice. He was always the only really interesting one there anyway, Nick is nice and all, but Gregg is a spineless puddle of jelly and Tim is genuinely borderline dull, in the stupid sense.

It's not get woke go broke, it's don't bow down to arrogant militant retards and you'll make even more money.

Just_one

Really happy for Colin and he deserves it, Kinda Funny to me was never the same after he left and the way he left was horrible.

While i sometimes love Greg still , the best thing about KF nowadays is Nick and Andy. how they made Kevin a host of anything at all is beyond me, the guy is horrible and get me start on Tim, all of him just seems fake and i wouldnt be surprised if the biggest detractor of what happened to Colin for the start.

GymWolf

Please can someone post this on reeeee to see their meltdown?!

So happy that this dude is doing better than fake bitch greg.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
If you're gonna shill his content show me an example. It's gonna be on YT right? Show me, I'm interested. Always disliked Greg Miller though, he always rubbed me the wrong way.

GametimeUK

I am not the biggest follower in the world, but I am a fan. It seems Colin lost his way for a while (at least to me it seemed that way). I think it's fantastic that he found his way and seems to be enjoying video games again.. I find it disgusting the way he way he was treated by Greg. When you call someone your "best friend" and claim to love someone as much as a friend as much as Greg used to say, you DO NOT throw them under the bus. Anyway, congratulations to Colin for bouncing back. I haven't watched Kinda Funny since he left.

Naibel

Knockback is one of the greatest podcasts ever. His brother Dagan is such a wholesome and interesting dude, and I can listen to him and Colin for hours, even when they talk about things I usually don't care about, like cereal mascots.

I suppose that massively stupid "peace and quiet" nontroversy ended up being a blessing in disguise. Colin's in a much better place now "thanks" to that.

SNPlayen

Well done Colin. The one podcast where I usually drop everything else I’m listening to, to listen to. Kinda funny has become so bland I barely listen to anymore. The new guy, Blessing is so boring he bangs on and on about some shit indie game he doesn’t even like for 10 mins. Imran is just a negative cunt and Greg is cant offend anyone in case he loses a gig, sponsor or inside contact. Andy is cool though.

Last edited:

Woodchipper

The far right are a bunch of un-unified morons that even the right can’t stand. The far left is like a hive mind of NPCs. They all think and act the same all while seeing who can be the most woke so they can
get retweets. I would say that Gamespot, IGN, and Kinda Funny fit the bill perfectly for being far left. Imagine how many retweets Greg got for backstabbing his supposed best friend. I bet he was hard for a month staight with all of his twitter and resetera fame.
Not even Bernie Sanders is far left, whether you want to believe it or not, so no.

Maybe Greg is a douche, sure, but what does that have to do with his political standpoint, which both you and I have no fucking idea about?
Are you seriously maintaining the left doesn't have censorious tendencies? You can get a milquetoast conservative like Jason Riley banned from campuses. Brendan Eich was chased out of his own company. Get real.
‘The left’ is not a person. I’m sure there are a lot of crazy folks who think they’re left leaning, or like to describe themselves as such, although their actions indicate they’re really not. Especially in America, where the term ‘left’ is often misinterpreted in the first place.

The fundamental idea of far right politics on the other hand, is to exclude people based on race, sexuality, religion and economic status. That’s the point I was trying to make.

Edit: I like Colin by the way, and Sacred Symbols is a good podcast.

Last edited:

Aidah

I don't watch or listen to his stuff, but I'm happy about this after all the bullshit he went through, and because of the types of people that this pisses off.

wolywood

I like Sacred Symbols but the episodes could definitely use some fat trimming - do we really need to hear them read word for word press releases for every single PS4 game that happens to be releasing that week?

Also the only time I've heard Colin say anything remotely political was when he made fun of Trump for something, he ain't exactly Breitbart.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is boring. But he is knowledgeable. Greg was enthusiasm. Thats why they were a great fit. It cant be that tweet that did him though. Like he even lost a gf cause of it? Gg.

Bryank75

Banned
He is boring. But he is knowledgeable. Greg was enthusiasm. Thats why they were a great fit. It cant be that tweet that did him though. Like he even lost a gf cause of it? Gg.
No, the gf thing was unrelated.... was nothing to do with the tweet or leaving kf.

camaropilot

Been following Colin since the early days of Podcast Beyond. I've supported him on Patreon since day 1, the content is totally worth more than the $5 a month I pay. This is the only Patreon that I support now, I cut off my support to Kinda Funny when he left.

He’s insufferable: arrogant, prickly and boring. Totally bereft of any charm. One of those guys who think he’s the smartest of the bunch but he’s actually anything but. IGN made him famous because IGN is major brand that uplifts all kinds of personalities that work there, you can see that throughout years.

And his republicanism is also pretty fake and shallow. Didn’t he leave GOP over something stupid and declare it on twitter? He was always ranting about taxation and guns while claiming to be liberal on social issues as to avoid ire of his California buddies. I never saw him as honest.

Larryfox

I like Colin, but not a big fan of his show. It isn't bad, just feels oddly amateur and boring I guess? Doesn't gel well with his cohost either. Not horrible just surprising it's the biggest one. But if anyone is going to occupy that top spot, I'm glad it's him over some of the other faces of games "journalism" today.
Same here, I like Colin too, but it’s pretty obvious from listening that him and Cris doesn’t have great chemistry and nowhere close to what he had with Greg. I’m surprised too how popular it is, but good for Colin.

GametimeUK

He’s insufferable: arrogant, prickly and boring. Totally bereft of any charm. One of those guys who think he’s the smartest of the bunch but he’s actually anything but. IGN made him famous because IGN is major brand that uplifts all kinds of personalities that work there, you can see that throughout years.

And his republicanism is also pretty fake and shallow. Didn’t he leave GOP over something stupid and declare it on twitter? He was always ranting about taxation and guns while claiming to be liberal on social issues as to avoid ire of his California buddies. I never saw him as honest.

To be fair when it came to Kinda Funny he was the smartest of the bunch.

TexMex

Gotta say him whining/oversharing about his love life on social media has been extremely awkward the last few months. Almost to the point of being pathetic.

Bryank75

Banned
Gotta say him whining/oversharing about his love life on social media has been extremely awkward the last few months. Almost to the point of being pathetic.
I never saw it, sometimes I am thankful that they IP banned me... Twitter is so horrible.

Unrelated;

Last edited:
Top Bottom