• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colins Last Stand - 30 Patrons away from being the biggest gaming and nerd culture Patreon in the world.

Redlancet

Banned
Kinda Funny wasn't just some company - they were his colleagues and best friends.

You can disagree with your friends - hell, you can even fall out and stop talking - but only fucking scumbags abandon a friend because a mob of fucking liars choose to victimise him and you're worried that it threatens your livelihood.

It's a textbook case of a tough situation revealing people's qualities, and Gregg Miller et al were revealed to be spineless fucking weasels.
You only need to see a greg miller photo to know what kind of Man its

Reactions: MrS

Roufianos

It was a corny joke, for sure, like I didn't think it was funny but not because it was offensive, but it was seriously one of the most nothing things to get cancelled over.

I think Greg and the others were just shook about their relationshios, they do all this stuff with sponsors and partners and guests and were fairly new and they just threw Colin under the bus to save the rest.

And there might be some truth to that, Colin doesn't get the same kind of access on his own that he did at Kinda Funny, but you can still do a show regardless.

No doubt, if Colin had made that joke on air, Greg would have laughed. Those kind of edgy, slightly inappropriate jokes were their thing. He completely sold out his friend to the woke mob.

Fuck Greg seriously. Colin's had the last laugh though. KF hasn't grown in years and CLS is huge.

Shmunter

No doubt, if Colin had made that joke on air, Greg would have laughed. Those kind of edgy, slightly inappropriate jokes were their thing. He completely sold out his friend to the woke mob.

Fuck Greg seriously. Colin's had the last laugh though. KF hasn't grown in years and CLS is huge.
It’s not even inappropriate, it’s harmless. Woke SJW’s were out to get him for not being like them. Any excuse.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
It’s not even inappropriate, it’s harmless.
It's almost Henny Youngman-ish. Like a Take my wife, please.

I'm sure it doesn't help that Colin was squarely a right-leaning libertarian and wore it on his sleeve, in an industry where few are and fewer are open about it.

replicant-

Brilliant for Coliin that he has managed to build his success without being a pantomime shill, unlike his previous partner. Greg is insufferable and threw away a friendship over a single tweet.

Hardensoul

Colin is a huge Nintendo fanboy also... Well old Nintendo anyway.
Fooled me, found out on IGN about Colin and Greg during the WiiU years. I basically skipped Nintendo since GameCube and only game on PC (Warcraft addict:messenger_tears_of_joy:) but I did have PS3 which was bundle with my Sony 3D TV couple years before WiiU release.

WiiU gave everyone a pass to be crap on, I guess for me it just seemed overboard and continued even when they started Kinda Funny. Either way I continued listen/watch for the different information. But Colin still had his rants on Nintendo, sometimes out of nowhere. That schtick got annoying.

I may disagree on his gaming opinion and my politics seem to be similar to his views. I have no ill wills and glad he's found success after stupid controversy and fallout w/ Kinda Funny.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Wrong. I'm not sure Colin is even a republican.

The joke was in bad taste. Was it tame? Yeah, but the timing of the joke was what the apologizing would be for. But you're talking to a person that doesn't have 2,000 pounds of pride holding me down. Apologizing isn't you showing weakness.

Apologies would ve been of no good: the cancel mob doesn't care, only interested on hanging heads on their walls. Look at cdpr... They added a trans option... Has it changed anything? Nah.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

They both are doing well. Clearly Colin's business is bringing in more money though.

Apologies would ve been of no good: the cancel mob doesn't care, only interested on hanging heads on their walls. Look at cdpr... They added a trans option... Has it changed anything? Nah.

I think you're missing the point. It would have taken a lot of the "sting" out of the bite of that conversation. People would have moved on 2 days later. 99% of people that are "supposedly" canceled never actually get canceled.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I think you're missing the point. It would have taken a lot of the "sting" out of the bite of that conversation. People would have moved on 2 days later. 99% of people that are "supposedly" canceled never actually get canceled.

These people do not accept apologies because they enjoy canceling and ruining people's lives. You do not seem to understand the situation.

zkorejo

Very happy for Colin. He was always the most logical and with whom I agreed the most in KFG. I'm glad he's doing great after they did him dirty due to his political beliefs.

I have no idea about american politics and left or right. Only left and right I know of is up up down down left right left right.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Great podcast. My favorite actually. I haven't listened to all of the new one yet but I like the debate about whether the ps5 is ugly or not. I like it myself. It continues to grow on me.

Shubh_C63

I didn't knew he left KFunny to do its own things. I thought it was some politics related.

Gonna listen to this show because his takes are good. Kinda stand offish but still, credit where credit is due.

Soodanim

I always forget what the tweet was that got him in so much trouble, then I remember it was a joke about having a day off from the wife.

kyussman

Good for him for making a success of himself.
I don't follow any of these video game commentators myself,but the fact the whole situation around him arose from him making a joke about having a bit of peace and quiet while his missus was out of the way(I believe that's what is was anyway,correct me if I'm wrong),it totally ridiculous.

Top Bottom