• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colins Last Stand - 30 Patrons away from being the biggest gaming and nerd culture Patreon in the world.

Portugeezer

giphy.gif

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Sexist jokes don't fly in corporate America anymore; but you can still find 10k people to throw you a few bucks a month.

Pretty cool stuff, but all the whining about wokeness seems so overblown.

Raonak

Banned
Sacred Symbols is pretty good, but he whines about about politics/social stuff too much.

I guess that's his brand.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
One of the least offensive jokes I've ever heard. These cunts praise James Gunn for joking about raping kids though.

And yet, Colin (if he wanted) could have just apologized and moved on. He choose not to.

mckmas8808

There was nothing to apologise for. If he was a Democrat it wouldn't have even been an issue.

Wrong. I'm not sure Colin is even a republican.

him apologizing because of a tame joke? nah, how could he work with people and make content for viewers that are that dense?
Apologise for what?

The joke was in bad taste. Was it tame? Yeah, but the timing of the joke was what the apologizing would be for. But you're talking to a person that doesn't have 2,000 pounds of pride holding me down. Apologizing isn't you showing weakness.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Why would someone pay money to have him read old news by a celebrity (or questions from his fans)? News we have read days, elsewhere before. Are all the episodes structured like this?

Used to watch Giantbombcast for a while and it was much better paced, focused due usually having 4 to 5 people talking and not just 2 where one barely has anything to say.

4h of which
recycled old news from 4 days ago
more questions from patreon for hours (main source of content, filler ...)
advertising new games coming to the PS4, PSVR
daddy likes the witcher tv show
Alana did not drink or eat
The Witcher franchsie hits 50mill. milestone
no real playstation news at all, past accolades? new events? secrets? Where is Shu? Where is Jack? Mentioning Slycooper in the same sentence as Ratchet&Clank aint enough.
DS4 back button addon he dislikes
their xbox 360 days
his gamecube library
he finds geralt sexy
Sonys new team in san diego (WE knew this years ago)
... nothing else, rather boring and less about Playstation and more about them. Biopodcastgraphy ... Who´s Alana?

Without all the filler, the episode would be less than 60min long

Also its nissssccccchhhe not nitsch. ;)

I would support Giantbomb, but they kinda bombed.

I just dont get how ppl. pay for old news. HELLO!? Have to check other podcasts, maybe they are all like this. Is reading an article for 2min too much?
Welcome to the world of gamer podcasts/blogs/youtube.

Biggest offender... YongYea.

Welcome to the world of gamer podcasts/blogs/youtube.

Biggest offender... YongYea.
As a subscriber to him on YT, I agree. I don't really have any gaming news channels that I subscribe to and I sometimes go weeks without popping on Gaf, so he does as good a job as any other regurgitating whatever news is flying around.

Grinchy

Banned

The joke was in bad taste. Was it tame? Yeah, but the timing of the joke was what the apologizing would be for. But you're talking to a person that doesn't have 2,000 pounds of pride holding me down. Apologizing isn't you showing weakness.
But what if his opinion differs and he doesn't feel sorry for making a simple joke that everyone ovaryacted to?

Should he still apologize despite not believing his apology? In fact, isn't that even its own old joke about being with a woman, where you just say you're wrong even when you aren't to get her to shut up and regain your peace and quiet? I think you should apologize for that :messenger_winking:

KiNeMz

Banned
But what if his opinion differs and he doesn't feel sorry for making a simple joke that everyone ovaryacted to?

Should he still apologize despite not believing his apology? In fact, isn't that even its own old joke about being with a woman, where you just say you're wrong even when you aren't to get her to shut up and regain your peace and quiet? I think you should apologize for that :messenger_winking:
Agreed. Was no need to apologise. If someone is offended stop following him.

Reactions: Isa

Senua

Fuck giving into that pussified crowd, I respect Colin for not apologising as many others would have.

I respect Colin a hell of a lot more than the KF crew after what happened. Will be interesting to see KF get blasted by the Resetera clowns after all the coverage and reviews they give to Cyberpunk.

Hunnybun

Apologising to a mob of cunts for something you're not sorry about is pretty much the definition of weakness, actually.

He’s a conservative. That’s enough to trigger the left.

And apologising when you’re done nothing wrong is weakness. The weak people are those who can’t stand their ground and bow to the far left.

Rubik8

I tried with Colin. I did. But his podcast is so dull. And while I like Chris Raygun’s original content, he knows jack shit about games and is out of his element in almost every discussion.

Reactions: MrS

Nubulax

Is it weird that I like both Colin and KF still /shrug. Usually listen to both although been thinking about supporting Colin on patreon lately. His podcasts can get a bit dull sometimes though, although not every topic im interested in also so eh. I lean left but I always respected Colin about Political stuff more than the rest of KF

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

mckmas8808

If he felt he did nothing wrong and also thinks people over-reacted then no, he shouldn't have apologized. But he also can't get mad if Kinda Funny or other companies don't want to work with him either. It's one of those "agree to disagree" moments where both sides just go their different ways.

He’s a conservative. That’s enough to trigger the left.

And apologising when you’re done nothing wrong is weakness. The weak people are those who can’t stand their ground and bow to the far left.

You're making this about politics and it shouldn't be. I'm sure there's many conservatives that work in the video game's media right now.

Roufianos

Was listening to current podcast unlocked. Xbox podcast on ign headed by Ryan Mccaffrey. Mccafery mentioned Colin as his friend and ex ign host in some context.

Yea McCaffrey is one of the few people at IGN I like. He and Daemon Hatfield are the only people there who will really even acknowledge him.

Guy gets spoken about as if he's the next Hitler when he's actually pretty liberal on social issues.

Perfect example of the shite he takes from the industry:

Apparently referring to the 'Too Much Water' meme is stirring up hate.

Last edited:

Hardensoul

Who? Where? Even if thats true, they are hidden because what its gonna happen to them
Conservative casters aren't openly talking politics like Colin(Bitblock is conservative but he' seem emotionally unstable to me and seem to be dislike for for both points), I literally do not know any other well known conservative game centric podcaster. More lefty leaning game casters like Kinda funny, GameXplain and all the Game websitesa are left leaning.

That aside, I don't listen to Colin due to his biased as a Sony fanboy.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I remember Colin getting really ornery leading up to his departure. He wouldn't play MGSV and he was just a puss.

Whether he knows it or not, Colin wanted out. He gave himself that out.

• Fire

Hunnybun

If he felt he did nothing wrong and also thinks people over-reacted then no, he shouldn't have apologized. But he also can't get mad if Kinda Funny or other companies don't want to work with him either. It's one of those "agree to disagree" moments where both sides just go their different ways.

Kinda Funny wasn't just some company - they were his colleagues and best friends.

You can disagree with your friends - hell, you can even fall out and stop talking - but only fucking scumbags abandon a friend because a mob of fucking liars choose to victimise him and you're worried that it threatens your livelihood.

It's a textbook case of a tough situation revealing people's qualities, and Gregg Miller et al were revealed to be spineless fucking weasels.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Kinda Funny wasn't just some company - they were his colleagues and best friends.

You can disagree with your friends - hell, you can even fall out and stop talking - but only fucking scumbags abandon a friend because a mob of fucking liars choose to victimise him and you're worried that it threatens your livelihood.

It's a textbook case of a tough situation revealing people's qualities, and Gregg Miller et al were revealed to be spineless fucking weasels.

We only saw the tip of the iceberg. I suspect Colin was being difficult for a while.

In other words...Rage Against the Machine broke up because Zack de la Rocha was fucking nuts.

timmyp53

I personally didnt like Colin on KindaFunny games. Every time he talked he seemed like he whined. It got tiring listening to him every podcast. Surprisingly I have been enjoying his more laid back content on CLS a lot. I dont think the super stringent scheduled events/super gamer vibe content was a good fit for him.

The split seems to have been for the best.

Good on him.

MrS

Banned
I personally didnt like Colin on KindaFunny games. Every time he talked he seemed like he whined. It got tiring listening to him every podcast. Surprisingly I have been enjoying his more laid back content on CLS a lot. I dont think the super stringent scheduled events/super gamer vibe content was a good fit for him.

The split seems to have been for the best.

Good on him.
I agree - it was obviously becoming a drag for him by the end. The best KF days were when they were filming in the spare room of their apartment. Some great episodes back then. Sadly, the company grew big real fast, probably faster than Colin would have liked.

Last edited:

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member

You're making this about politics and it shouldn't be. I'm sure there's many conservatives that work in the video game's media right now.

I like your tag.

• Fire

Hunnybun

We only saw the tip of the iceberg. I suspect Colin was being difficult for a while.

In other words...Rage Against the Machine broke up because Zack de la Rocha was fucking nuts.

Possibly so. I still think it's inexcusable not to defend the guy and stick by him at that moment.

Personally I'm convinced Miller is a cunt. He seems completely fake to me - you catch it the odd time his mask slips, like when he says something cutting and unpleasant to Blessing dressed up as banter. He's a two-faced coward imo.

Well, he’s making more money than he ever did at Kinda Funny so you’re right - he shouldn’t be mad at them. He’s also released his own game and owns part of an indie gaming studio as well.

Also, no, there aren’t many conservatives that work in the video game industry - whether as developers or as part of the media.

Possibly so. I still think it's inexcusable not to defend the guy and stick by him at that moment.

Personally I'm convinced Miller is a cunt. He seems completely fake to me - you catch it the odd time his mask slips, like when he says something cutting and unpleasant to Blessing dressed up as banter. He's a two-faced coward imo.
Miller is most likely a cunt. You can see through that façade.

GAMETA

Banned
Isn't he the sonyboy that said Horizon Zero Dawn was the best game ever and that BotW was kinda meh?

Lol, talk about a tasteless dude. Happy for him on the Patreon thing, though.

And yet, Colin (if he wanted) could have just apologized and moved on. He choose not to.
What did he say that would need an apology? Seriously, his joke was fun and in good character, he had no bad intentions and if you are a regular person who has not joined the wokeness cult you are not at risk of being micro-aggressed every time someone transgress your rules. No wonder anyone who has half a brain doesn't read the "news" anymore.

I am tired of having the arguments I used to have with "right wingers" with "left wingers" these days.

And you remind me of the priest we had at the church in my small village, oh so highly "moral" and judgmental... it makes me sick to my stomach.

GametimeUK

It's great that Colin has such great success. Even when I don't agree with him he is able to put across his points in a way that captivated me. He's super reasonable.

It's a shame Greg always gets brought up, but at the same time it shows the adversity Colin has overcome. Greg a snakey cunt. I have made amends with my best friend over much larger issues than these 2 went through with that joke situation... because we are friends and that's what friends do.

The fact Greg just sold Colin out even after Colin tried to make amends just shows the difference in character between them and who truly valued who as a friend I'm that situation. Seems like it wasn't a 2 way street.

Colin and Greg left IGN to found this, then Greg got mentally hill (sorry to compare wokeness to mental illnesses, I realize this is seriously insulting for those who live with mental disorders of any kind).... They were not simply colleagues, they started the business with a couple of other backstabbing friends who ended up expecting nothing less than total submission to the tenants of their cult. More importantly they had no spine and could not tell people to f* off when they said, oh you have that conservative friend of yours it annoys me you talk with him because he like to have his freedom of speech to say things the collective may not agree with. So they just dumped him.

This is so childish that even primary schoolyard kids do better.

I really enjoyed listening to Greg and Colin on the OG PlayStation beyond podcast. I still watch KF and I think Blessing was a great addition to their team. I am glad to see that Colin is doing well..... $40K a month is amazing!
The OG PlayStation Beyond podcast had Chris Roper in it. I stopped listening when he left.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
One of the least offensive jokes I've ever heard. These cunts praise James Gunn for joking about raping kids though.
It was a corny joke, for sure, like I didn't think it was funny but not because it was offensive, but it was seriously one of the most nothing things to get cancelled over.

I think Greg and the others were just shook about their relationshios, they do all this stuff with sponsors and partners and guests and were fairly new and they just threw Colin under the bus to save the rest.

And there might be some truth to that, Colin doesn't get the same kind of access on his own that he did at Kinda Funny, but you can still do a show regardless.

Top Bottom