• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

Juice

Wow that was Trumpy's first non-useless run since probably last October. Dude is a hard worker but man he typically trips up after three yards.

Nah, we're still Cal. We'll find a way to lose.
This or whataterribleseason.jpg are about right.

Liked a lot of what I saw from the team tonight. Goff looked very good for the most part. I hope the defensive injuries aren't too serious because Cal could use some help on that side of the ball.

Juice

Touchdown NU. Getting some padding in the score makes me feel better about the polls.

Last time NU won a game while ranked was maybe 2001?

I was away from a computer for a few hours yesterday, so apologies if this was already posted.

i9PE8La.jpg

Super bummed out. Was worried about pass rush with Maponga gone and Fields suspended, and it was non existant. The losses at LB for TCU also were pretty apparent. Outside of Varrett, who is awesome, secondary wasn't that hot.

The 4-2-5 is built on really good LB play and the ability to produce pressure with your front 4. That just didn't happen last night.

Don't even get me started on the offensive gameplan. TCU abandoned the run when it was working, and their largest deficit of the game was 13. I'm the maddest about punting on 4th and 2 and down 10 with 5:00 left, when the defense had forced ONE three and out all game.

This is the same Gary Patterson that went for 2 in the first OT against Boise State and West Virginia, so it's not like he's some crazy conservative guy. Ugh.

LSU is good, and I was surprised how well Mettenberger played. Even when the CBs had good coverage, he placed some absolutely perfect balls on receivers. Even still, but that game was very much winnable despite TCU being outmatched and outplayed. Felt like a mostly mistake-free performance would have won the game.

Still had fun at the game. Stadium was packed and loud, much louder than what you will see at Cowboys games.

On the bright side, I guess we had the "best" Big 12 loss?

Nope, and I'll paraphrase my reaction post from last night in response to that touchdown:

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo our rushing defense stats."

I know I've been on GAF too long when I see things like that live and think, "you know, that would make for a great .gif".

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I missed the second half of the Alabama game. I assume the o-line never really clicked. Looks like the defense should be good though.

I suppose on the plus side Bama's schedule weak enough that as long as they can beat TAMU they can "get by" until the LSU game and hopefully get it together by then.

Karl2177

Recovering from drinking myself into submission last night, so here goes.

UNI didn't even play great. Iowa State just played like the shit that shit shits out.

clav

I have a feeling Berkeley may have its revenge next year. Goff will be a terrific QB as we saw some flashes of his athletic ability last night with his laser throws and razor cut runs. The "Bear Raid" offense will terrify the PAC-12 and non-conference opponents.

At least the team is a lot better than it has been for the past seasons. Cyan, hold you head up. The first game of the season doesn't define everything as much as ESPN and the papers will write.

What a game. Probably the best night game I've seen Northwestern play yet.

As for the booing yesterday, I remember the Oregon games that the Cal players did the same thing. High-tempo/speed offense. Cal players laid down on the field as they were tired unless they were really faking their injuries.

I've never seen Northwestern players fake injuries since I started watching in 2005.

College Football Week 2 | What are we figthing for?

Your title is missing something about vomit.

Had a blast at UCLA's (alma mater) game yesterday. 1st half was a bit weird since our offense was off the field for so long, but that second half was godly.

Can't wait to tear Nebraska a new one at their home field in two weeks.

mcgruber

is there anyway i can catch replays of some of the games? specifically georgia clemson

and when do the new ap/coaches' polls come out? is it today?

So guys, Louisville/MACTION starts in a bit, honestly I am interested in watching a bit of Louisville this season, even though they put us out of the Super Regionals...

Also, Clemson looked legitimate to me last night, and LSU's Offense looks like a ton of fun to watch, they both should have good seasons

I want them to win as much as possible just to make our meeting in Kentucky a crazy one.

But I also wouldn't mind UL losing just to stop everyone slobbering over them and just giving them the championship and BCS bowl berth.

Maybe it is against air but his talent is so obvious. Wish they played a better schedule to see him vs top defenses
Don't worry. He'll be tested October 18th! Also Cinci and Rutgers probably won't be cakewalks. Jury is out on one or two other teams on their schedule too.

Top Bottom