• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

andycapps

Richt's weekly teleconference is happening now. Just announced that Malcolm Mitchell has a torn ACL and will miss the rest of the season. For Bama fans, imagine Amari Cooper suffered the same fate.

It happened after Gurley's 75 yd TD run while Mitchell was celebrating. Wow.

That Leonard Floyd gif that is making the rounds now regarding him falling down was caused by him getting hit in the balls pretty hard, apparently.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Richt's weekly teleconference is happening now. Just announced that Malcolm Mitchell has a torn ACL and will miss the rest of the season. For Bama fans, imagine Amari Cooper suffered the same fate.

That Leonard Floyd gif that is making the rounds now regarding him falling down was caused by him getting hit in the balls pretty hard, apparently.

Ted Ginn-Gramatica'd himself ;(

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

What sort of celebration was he performing? Did it involve back handsprings?

andycapps

It was actually Gurley and he did a chest bump and he landed awkwardly.

Gurley's injury was a quad sprain, he was out for a while as we saw, but came back in like a grown ass man anyway. Crowell used to get tackled once and then take himself out for the rest of the game.

Gurley will be playing against South Carolina, Richt said. Mitchell will get a medical redshirt and have two more years of eligibility.

What sort of celebration was he performing? Did it involve back handsprings?

The air bump with Hurley, apparently.

The Tide's offense was asstastic yesterday but at least the defense looks ready to face A&M. Hope it was just first game jitters and miscommunication from having 3 new starters.

andycapps

0-1, best WR out, SCAR, LSU and Florida coming up.

Wouldn't want to be in that position.
Don't forget that we have about 8 freshmen on our defensive 2 deep. Only good thing going for us is Josh Harvey-Clemons coming back this week. Needed him last night when they were picking on Connor Norman the whole game. Not his fault he's a white safety.

On the basic digital package on Brighthouse. Had to rely on this channel the past few years due to CUSA's TV contract.

Same with FXX and FS1. Although has FXX launched yet?

Should our TE have been flagged for "targeting"? I still don't have a complete understanding of the rule.

Datblock_zpsbec3d84e.gif

andycapps

http://youtu.be/x2j0FsDkUqg
UGA fan crying on the radio, wanting Mark Richt fired TODAY.
I've heard the sentiment many times but that is the first time that tears have accompanied it.

Video of Floyd getting popped in the nuts that led to him falling down and getting booed for it. He won't get fired today or anytime soon after winning the division the last two years. Some fans are just irrational, and they want their championship, badly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEEfB_97dPM

Should our TE have been flagged for "targeting"? I still don't have a complete understanding of the rule.

Datblock_zpsbec3d84e.gif
Yeah probably.

I think the rule is pretty simple. Defenseless player and/or launching or leading with your shoulder, helmet, or forearm. As a football player you know when you're trying to do a simple block or knock someone the hell out. The sentence above is a pretty good indication you're trying to knock someone the hell out.

Yeah probably.

I think the rule is pretty simple. Defenseless player and/or launching or leading with your shoulder, helmet, or forearm. As a football player you know when you're trying to do a simple block or knock someone the hell out. The sentence above is a pretty good indication you're trying to knock someone the hell out.

Well he wasn't ejected but he payed the price. Apparently that hit knocked him out while the NMSU guy was fine.

pretty happy with how everyone played against Ohio, especially our running game. Sans the stupid false starts and the interception due to a WR running the wrong route.

Teddy impressive as always but have a feeling all the constant ESPN love is going turn some people against us.

Draxal

I'd say after week one the Heisman standings look like this:

(1) R. Nkemdiche (U.M.)
(2) T. Boyd (CU)
(3) T. Bridgewater (UL)

1. Derek Carr out of top 20 Fresno State with his 70 passes attempted.

988%5C1443403.jpg

Rutgers helmets for this Saturday.

mre

1. Derek Carr out of top 20 Fresno State with his 70 passes attempted.

[im]http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/988%5C1443403.jpg[/img]

Rutgers helmets for this Saturday.
I can give Carr #2, but there's no way that Nkemdiche doesn't have the Heisman on lock down. Didn't you listen to the ESPN commentators?

Enron

Banned
I just want to say

Fuck Mark Richt

Fuck Mike Bobo

Fuck Todd Grantham

Fuck Aaron Murray's College Romo Ass

This season is going to be an 8-4 disaster.

mre

Don't forget that Bama QB who definitely isn't a game manager. I hear Saban had him throw the ball a few times as well as handing it off.
I hear AJ just got pressured again by VA Tech's defensive line.

mre

Was the o line actually underperforming or just fans wanting to complain about something?
Underperformance in all facets of blocking, from the line, the TEs, and the running backs. VA Tech also schemed to stuff the run and pressure the QB and played with only 3 deep in coverage almost the entire night. Part of it also seems to be that we purposefully made no adjustments to compensate for this pressure since the game was never in jeopardy. Very few screen passes and very few deep shots to keep them honest.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think the only thing that wasn't borked on VT's team, was the front 7 of the defense.

The Offensive line, multiple times, ran the wrong blocking assignments. Some say those are "correctable" things, but it's gonna take actual proof in 2 weeks, to make me believe that 100%.

Playcalling didn't exactly help out. They either ran the ball while ignoring the 8 in the box from VT, or called some long developing pass routes while the Oline couldn't hold up. Should have went to the screens and slants/hooks a bit more than they did. Get the TE's involved.

Hate to also say it, but Hart is a small back with no speed or agility anymore. Maybe with a few months more of rehab (or going without the knee brace), he can improve. But I'm doubtful.

If Fowler can't learn to block, then he too, is not very useful on the offensive side. If/when the offensive line starts clicking, then maybe as a running back (he's a straight ahead large body RB that has a good top speed, but no acceleration or agility).

Derek Henry is the 1st Alabama RB in my memory, that I've seen walk onto the field, and looked like he had no clue what was going on. Troubling because he was an early enrollee.

If Alabama loses to A&M, I'm pulling for Clemson to win the BCS championship (unless Alabama lucks it's way into the title game). Fuck the SEC.

mre

I think the only thing that wasn't borked on VT's team, was the front 7 of the defense.

The Offensive line, multiple times, ran the wrong blocking assignments. Some say those are "correctable" things, but it's gonna take actual proof in 2 weeks, to make me believe that 100%.

Playcalling didn't exactly help out. They either ran the ball while ignoring the 8 in the box from VT, or called some long developing pass routes while the Oline couldn't hold up. Should have went to the screens and slants/hooks a bit more than they did. Get the TE's involved.

Hate to also say it, but Hart is a small back with no speed or agility anymore. Maybe with a few months more of rehab (or going without the knee brace), he can improve. But I'm doubtful.

If Fowler can't learn to block, then he too, is not very useful on the offensive side. If/when the offensive line starts clicking, then maybe as a running back (he's a straight ahead large body RB that has a good top speed, but no acceleration or agility).

Derek Henry is the 1st Alabama RB in my memory, that I've seen walk onto the field, and looked like he had no clue what was going on. Troubling because he was an early enrollee.

If Alabama loses to A&M, I'm pulling for Clemson to win the BCS championship (unless Alabama lucks it's way into the title game). Fuck the SEC.
Fowler's performance was so fucking disappointing. I was really looking forward to his return.

krzy123

More like front 4, we had lost our starting LB in fall practice, his replacement was a combo of a true frosh or walkon. Our other starting LB missed most of last year, but he's a pretty good player. Other LB was a former walkon, but he's been pretty good too (probably all-acc).

Our scheme was pretty good this game. Our OL was bad in pass pro, but all 5 guys are in new positions.

Beamer ball needs to go die somewhere, special teams been pretty bad the past 4-5 years.

Top Bottom