• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 11 - Team of Destiny requires 3 OTs to beat 4-5 team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck that pansy ass spoiled little self entitled bitch named Marquess Wilson. What a joke and I hope he doesn't even sniff the field in the NFL. Also, fuck football and everything football related. Balls.

Can't wait until next season.

I can almost taste your salt.

I'm going to put my UCLA apologist hat on here. First thing, Pullman is not the easiest place to play, especially at night in November. Second, this was the classic trap game, you're playing a hapless WSU team, and your next game is against your arch rival USC and will most likely determine going to the CCG. So, UCLA coming out with an ugly win is maybe not as bad as it looks.

That hasn't been the case in years if not decades.

Cyan

Banned
Man, all these articles about the SECSECSEC MNC streak likely ending are warming my heart.

Too bad it won't happen. Oregon, K St, and ND will all drop one, Bama will win out, and we'll have a Bama-Florida title game or some shit. Somehow.

bluemax

Banned
Bowl eligible! Have a good shot at 8 or 9 wins depending on who we play in the bowl. ASJ owns the career receptions for a TE record at UW, which is saying something. He's such a beast. Sankey over 1000 yards.

Go Dawgs! Beat Colorado!

Arizona and UW both became bowl eligible today. Conference now has:

Oregon
Stanford
Oregon St
fucla
USC
Arizona
UW

All bowl eligible. ASU is one win away as well and they get Wazzu next week followed by Arizona. Utah would need to upset Arizona next week and then beat Colorado in their finale to have a shot.

Why hasn't Dooley or Chizik been fired yet? I can sort of understand keeping Dooley around for their last couple of games against Vanderbilt and Kentucky because they can become bowl eligible with those wins, but Auburn's season is a complete lost cause. Why wait until December?

Karakand

Man, all these articles about the SECSECSEC MNC streak likely ending are warming my heart.

There's nothing like watching an SEC school with something to lose desperately trying to score points.

In this case, I especially liked Alabama's final third and fourth downs.

jjasper

Why hasn't Dooley or Chizik been fired yet? I can sort of understand keeping Dooley around for their last couple of games against Vanderbilt and Kentucky because they can become bowl eligible with those wins, but Auburn's season is a complete lost cause. Why wait until December?

Multiple $9.99 sources are saying the decision has been made to fire Dooley but they aren't going to announce it till after the Kentucky game if he wins out or if he loses to Vandy they will announce it on the Monday after the game.

Guys, if you have watched Florida play you know they are even more of the team of destiny than ND. ND needed refs. If Florida hadn't stuck their own foot into their own ass six times against Georgia they are undefeated. Imagine that. This Florida team undefeated. The Greatest fraud of our generation. It was meant to be. So 3 makes perfect sense!

Sagarin Top 10

Notre Dame
Kansas State
Florida
Georgia
Oregon
LSU
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Alabama
Texas aTm

oh man Flo rida in thrid, right ahead of Georgia who beat them, Oregon behind both...Bama below South Carolina and LSU...the mental hoops he had to jump through to make this...astonishing

Please tell me that's in no particular order or its the dumbest top 10 ever.

It's actually a lot of the BCS' fault. The computers are not allowed to use scoring margin in the BCS calculation...

Here's the Sagarin ratings non-neutered:

Alabama
Kansas State
Oregon
Texas aTm
Notre Dame
Florida
Oklahoma
Georgia
South Carolina
LSU

desh

It's actually a lot of the BCS' fault. The computers are not allowed to use scoring margin in the BCS calculation...

Alabama
Kansas State
Oregon
Texas aTm
Notre Dame
Florida
Oklahoma
Georgia
South Carolina
LSU
That's still pretty terrible. Remember, though, computer rankings do better with more data points, so they usually get better by the end of the season.

ag-my001

Sagarin's MoV-based poll is designed to tell you who is more likely to win, not who has had the "best" season. We were all fine with an undefeated Louisville being behind all those one and two loss teams because "lol BEAST", but we still all have the psychological barrier that doesn't allow an undefeated major-conference team to be placed behind teams with losses.

A&M being at #4 in the MoV-poll is too high, even for an Aggie

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Alabama
Kansas State
Oregon
Texas aTm
Notre Dame
Florida
Oklahoma
Georgia
South Carolina
LSU

Usually I like the Predictor rankings, but what the hell. Bama is still at #1 and Aggie moves up to #4 for winning?

Crazy.

Bama barely deserves to be in the top 10 after the last couple weeks. Much less hanging around #1.

You're right, beating powerhouses like Indiana, Illinois, and Mich St should have tOSU ranked close to #1.

I kid, I kid. I wouldn't mind seeing you guys go unbeaten, talk about a mess that would be.

I'm not talking specifically about us, I really don't give a shit where were ranked. The rest of the top 10 is pretty much a joke.

Coaches Top 25 (so far)

1) Oregon (44)
2) Kansas State (14)
3) Notre Dame (1)
4) Georgia
5) Alabama
6) Florida State
7) Florida
8) LSU
9) Clemson
10) Texas aTm
11) South Carolina
12) Oklahoma
13) Stanford

Looks like the Ducks lost some votes to KSU, so it should be KSU #1, Oregon #2 in the BCS this week. (last week Oregon had 39 more points in the poll than KSU, this week it's only 32 more points)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...sas-state-notre-dame-georgia-alabama/1697257/

How does Oregon have that many more votes over KState? I'm shocked by that. I know Oregon has an exciting offense and everything, but I feel much more confident about KState winning over them.

JHall

Coaches Top 25 (so far)

1) Oregon (44)
2) Kansas State (15)
3) Notre Dame (1)
4) Georgia
5) Alabama
6) Florida State
7) Florida
8) LSU
9) Clemson
10) Texas aTm
11) South Carolina
12) Oklahoma
13) Stanford

Looks like the Ducks lost some votes to KSU, so it should be KSU #1, Oregon #2 in the BCS this week.

I'm Catholic and if somehow Notre Dame makes it to the to MNC, I will become the most devout Catholic ever. Because there is clearly a higher power at work here.

Jhriad

Once again, not specifically talking osu. The whole top 10 is a mess.

This is hardly anything new for this year. The Top 10 has been a joke for weeks now. SECSECSEC plastered all over the place even though most of those teams have looked like dogshit on at least one side of the ball most of the season (except Bama & A&M).

Clemson #9? Really? Look at that shit. The best teams on their schedule are FSU, Ball State, and Duke. The rest of their shedule is .500 or below. Their opponents so far are a collective 47-53 overall. Take out FSU and that's 38-52 overall.

Kevtones

Wow, I didn't realize Oregon's entire starting d-line was out for the game.

Really bummed for Avery Patterson. He's been all-league filling for all-league John Boyett.

Wow, I didn't realize Oregon's entire starting d-line was out for the game.

Really bummed for Avery Patterson. He's been all-league filling for all-league John Boyett.
Oregon pretty much doesn't have a safety for the rest of the season. The defense would be much better if every starting D-line wasn't injured right now.

Piano

Banned
This is hardly anything new for this year. The Top 10 has been a joke for weeks now. SECSECSEC plastered all over the place even though most of those teams have looked like dogshit on at least one side of the ball most of the season (except Bama & A&M).

Clemson #9? Really? Look at that shit. The best teams on their schedule are FSU, Ball State, and Duke. The rest of their shedule is .500 or below. Their opponents so far are a collective 47-53 overall. Take out FSU and that's 38-52 overall.

And? Their only loss was to Florida St. Most of their other games were blow outs. That's about the best you can do with a weak ACC. At least until they play SCAR.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
And? Their only loss was to Florida St. Most of their other games were blow outs. That's about the best you can do with a weak ACC. At least until they play SCAR.

It doesn't matter if it is "all you can do" a weak schedule is a weak schedule and should be a big factor in your ranking.

FSU and Clemson have had absolutely horrendous schedules this year. Each play a good SEC team last week which have the potential to give them some more credibility. But Clemson at this point has beaten nobody of any worth, and FSU has only beaten Clemson.

Kevtones

Aside from the FCS team Oregon had to get when KSU backed out, they're getting some nice help from their non-conference schedule:

Fresno State 8-3
Arkansas State 7-3

Oregon pretty much doesn't have a safety for the rest of the season. The defense would be much better if every starting D-line wasn't injured right now.

Yeah, it's pretty troubling. We definitely need to get some people back next week.

I thought our replacement line didn't play that bad actually. Seemed like we called a lot of run blitzes and just kept missing gaps more due to scheme. Obviously the tackling wasn't stout but give Cal credit, they attacked well.

Karl2177

So a previously mediocre Big 12 team beats the best SEC team and the SEC team stays at no. 1? Really AP? Quite a few teams in the Pac-12 and Big 12 as well as ND and tOSU could wreck Bama's shit on a bad week. Dat SEC self sustaining hype.

Piano

Banned
So a previously mediocre Big 12 team beats the best SEC team and the SEC team stays at no. 1? Really AP? Quite a few teams in the Pac-12 and Big 12 as well as ND and tOSU could wreck Bama's shit on a bad week. Dat SEC self sustaining hype.
What?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

jimcarreywhatareyoutalkingaboutwhoareyoutalkingto.gif

Where is the SEC team ranked number 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom