• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.

ypo

How can there be such a huge drop in performance in a newer dev kit built?

Early September surprise.
CBoAT backing down on previous claims of Kinectless SKU; new potential for console-only SKU in March-April based on launch performance.

Shows MS really doesn't have confidence in Xbone's launch sales.

coopolon

that aegies tweet is fake as well right? I don't see it in his feed anywhere.

edit: nevermind, I didn't realize it auto filters replies. I suck at twitter.

This doesn't make a huge amount of sense though. Presumably with low yields, MS will sell out through the end of the year, so they can't make decisions to drop king based on their own sales - it would need to be based on where Sony is too, and how much corrective action is needed

If they're selling out, wouldn't matter what Sony sells. MS would be purely supply constrained, not demand constrained which would be the only reason to drop price by removing the Kinect. So, if there is anything here, MS is looking at some figures that they don't like in their own sales that say they won't be supply constrained and still be beat.

Finalizer

Sundayton, Mondayton, Neogaf~
Tuesdayton, Wednesdayton, Neogaf~
Thursdayton, Fridayton, Neogaf~
Saturdayton, what a ton,
Leakin' all week for you~

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Are you sure? Why would not final architecture hinder a livestream? I am confused.

The SDK is not final. Performance took a hit. No publisher/developer in their right mind will want people to see their game chugging performance-wise. Even with a "pre-alpha" disclaimer or what not.

Riki

I don't much care that Platinum is making an XBox Exclusive. But I find it odd that it'll be Japanese exclusive. Wonder what it is.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
#TeamCBOAT

Interesting tidbits! Specially on the livestreaming of MS conference. Shame to hear about that.

Glad to read that they might do yet another 180 on a console only SKU.

And interesting to see that CBOAT also confirmed a Sony tidbit! Hadn't heard anything Sony related from him in a long time!

Am6jm7y.jpg

Gies vs Cboat!!!!

EDIT: Just to remind people, the dude is a person regardless of if you disagree. For the asshat who came straight in with "you're full of shit". Wish I had that as a disclaimer before I got quoted to hell.

If you're so sure, why don't you come here and tell us what are the inaccuracies, Arthur?!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
A Kinectless SKU should happen at launch. It makes no sense to sell 2-4 million consoles at 499$ only to turn around and slash the price by 100$ or more 5 months later. Talk about raping the first wave of buyers. Just drop the damn thing from the get-go, and sell your console for the same price or 50$ cheaper than the PS4, and you could do wonders.
A question : When CBOAT says "the architecture is incomplete", is he really suggesting they are STILL working on the innards of the machine, or is he referring to SDKs and dev tools? Because if it's the former, I doubt a November release is even possible...

Has to mean software. There's no way the innards weren't finalized months ago. Unless something catastrophic has happened with yields.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I already said how this can happen. I feel sorry for MS hardware and sdk-division... Wouldn't like to work there now.

You're going to have to explain it to me again. I just don't get it.

Platinum in bed with MS?

I simply...I

iSpxXFnwJh21z.gif

For an exclusive game, in Japan only, where the PS4 will absolutely dominate. I saw some people saying "Now this will get me to buy an Xbox One!" If you live in Japan, then yeah, it is a good reason to buy an Xbox One. If you live in North America or Europe, the game will be coming out on PS4 as well, it appears.

derFeef

The SDK is not final. Performance took a hit. No publisher/developer in their right mind will want people to see their game chugging performance-wise. Even with a "pre-alpha" disclaimer or what not.

And whats on the showfloor then? Older devkits?

That was me, and I saw his tweet before I saw it here. Thanks for calling me an asshat though, I'm a person too.

Yeah, I apologise - it was just unecessary.

I disagree with him, but regardless of where you saw it, no need to fill up his Twitter feed with such a load of animosity.

And Metalmurphy too, a recognisable name round these parts (who I respect a great deal) also being needlessly rude to him.

I wouldn't have posted it if I knew the barrage of passion he'd get.

Aske

The funniest thing about all of this is the only people who will buy the kinect xb1 sku are the hard core launch buyers who probably, if they look deep in their hearts, want it the least.

"No! It's going to be so new and innovative this time, and I'm very excited to see what the devs can do with this incredible new technology! Plus I navigate menus with my Kinect all the time, and it's pretty much the best thing I've ever experienced. You guys have killed this console. The DRM and always-online were going to lead to unique games, like nothing we'd ever seen before. Now the X1 just another PS4. Might as well flip a coin, although I'm obviously still buying an X1."

How many Microsoft execs (or people in position to know these things) have travelled to Cologne? Wouldn't this narrow down considerably who CBoaT could be, so Microsoft has a better way to stop the leaks?

#TeamCBOAT

Interesting tidbits! Specially on the livestreaming of MS conference. Shame to hear about that.

Glad to read that they might do yet another 180 on a console only SKU.

And interesting to see that CBOAT also confirmed a Sony tidbit! Hadn't heard anything Sony related from him in a long time!

If you're so sure, why don't you come here and tell us what are the inaccuracies, Arthur?!
He can't come down here cause he owes someone on GAF money.

For an exclusive game, in Japan only, where the PS4 will absolutely dominate. I saw some people saying "Now this will get me to buy an Xbox One!" If you live in Japan, then yeah, it is a good reason to buy an Xbox One. If you live in North America or Europe, the game will be coming out on PS4 as well, it appears.

we'll have to see what happens

territory based exclusives are just...rarely if ever a thing.

And CBOAT seems to hardly be sure about it to begin with

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If they moneyhat Vanquish 2, I might lose my shit.

Crisis averted I see.

Danielsan

Crazy Buttocks dropping the bombs again. Loving it! The end of October release for the PS4 is might nice.

Also can we please just ignore Arthur Gies. Dude probably knows less about what's going on inside the industry than your 12 year old nephew.

Skeff

CBOAT's revelation about the performance drop of up to 20% just 3 months before release....seems kind of a big deal, even though he says not to worry - could we see the Nov release getting pushed back?

Very unlikely, though it may have changed their internal projections of when in November, but Microsoft are taking a battering and delaying launch would be another huge blow, I'd just expect, potentially, a later november release.

harSon

Banned

I think you guys are misinterpreting his statement regarding Platinum. I think he's saying that the style of game is not for a North American or European audience, not the release of the game of itself.

For #1 it's highly likely they planned a press conference to demonstrate live lots of multimedia feature that went into the xb1 at let's say firmware version 0.80, however firmware 0.80 slowed the xb1 down considerably, because of this it would be a bad choice to for example play forza and upload a video of it like sony did, because the performance would be sub par. The problem is they simple can't just roll back the driver to version 0.79 because that did not have the game DVR feature implemented.

The specifics of this post are made up, it's just an example that can e modified for any feature/game combo they wanted to demonstrate.

I understand that, but my point is that live demos don't need to be actually live. They could easily show a trailer or a video of someone using said feature, or even staging it, and them continue with the conference...

"No! It's going to be so new and innovative this time, and I'm very excited to see what the devs can do with this incredible new technology! Plus I navigate menus with my Kinect all the time, and it's pretty much the best thing I've ever experienced. You guys have killed this console. The DRM and always-online were going to lead to unique games, like nothing we'd ever seen before. Now the X1 just another PS4. Might as well flip a coin, although I'm obviously still buying an X1."

Fuck that noise. The market not buying into this console is whats killed it. If microsofts policies and console were attractive to its target market, it would be reflected in pre-orders, no matter the controversy.

The fact it isn't means they were making a device that people simply don't want. Nobody killed anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom