• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.

DedValve

Banned
I think, if not banned, he should be warned and told not to share iffy info again. He has a history of hits but the misses are really piling up and if other people made some of the claims he did they wouldn't have an account right now.

Have you checked his post history? Dude has only been wrong twice, Prince Of Persia at E3 and PS4 October release. Twice.

How many times has been right? Plenty: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=76421147#post76421147

I can say working in marketing for a major retailer that I understand how CBOAT was wrong on this...we had been lead to believe for awhile that the release would be late october/early november for awhile now...

dmr87

I think, if not banned, he should be warned and told not to share iffy info again. He has a history of hits but the misses are really piling up and if other people made some of the claims he did they wouldn't have an account right now.

Please.

SgtCobra

People saying "bubububut CBOAT was wrong, crucify him!!" probably don't know that all our insiders have been wrong at some point: Verendus and thuway with the exclusivity of FFXV and KH3, BruceLeeRoy with the no paywall for the PS4 etc. Things change in the industry, people should be aware of that, there must have been some unexpected problems with the production or software or CBOAT just got the wrong information, things like that happen. He shouldn't be banned because his k/d ratio took a hit, he's mostly right.

Wynnebeck

Banned

LOL Calm down there junior. Cboat has more then made up his misses with accurate information for years. With the launch of both platforms this close, information and plans are bound to change constantly. Also, calling for a ban is hazardous to your forum health. Cut it out.

CBoat wasn't alone in his conviction - he was wrong, but he wasn't lying if that makes sense. This has to have been an Apple-style false flag in order to snuff out leakers.

Whoever is giving info to Cboat, Verendus, etc. might want to watch his or her back. Sony ninjas are out for blood.

Matt

In CBOAT's defense (not that he really needs any), like I said last week, Sony has been using a short list of possible launch dates, which did include a few days in late October.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
The anti CBOAT people sure are out in force today.

Hey. Questioning something about a prediction someone made in their OP that turned out to be 100% wrong does not mean I'm anti - CBoaT.

This is a discussion forum. We are allowed to discuss the merits or not of the contents of a OP.

Krilekk

Banned
Of course he isn't, but there is nothing released so far to indicate he was wrong with any of his statements.

Yeah, well, except that PS4 October launch. And that Prince of Persia at E3. And Mirror's Edge 2 being shown at the MS PC at E3. And the indie policy. And the 20 % drop in performance. ...

geomon

Hey. Questioning something about a prediction someone made in their OP that turned out to be 100% wrong does not mean I'm anti - CBoaT.

This is a discussion forum. We are allowed to discuss the merits or not of the contents of a OP.

I get that. Just seems like some people have had a vendetta against this guy since E3, wanting him to be banned, etc.

Then maybe he shouldn't make "truthfacts" claims about Sony.

Well, giving CBOAT the benefit of the doubt, it could very well be that his information was false to weed out a leak and as such maybe he was in a group who was told October info to help narrow down the leak?

That is of course giving them the benefit of the doubt and not just assuming CBOAT pulls info out of his/her ass or steals rumors from elsewhere and makes them as vague as possibility (the october 21st rumor that came a week or so before his "end of october" rumor for instance)

The other part of this is that maybe people should really just stop taking everything he says so fucking seriously? I have always thought that his method of releasing information was more meant for amusement than personal security to be honest.

Minions

Yeah, well, except that PS4 October launch. And that Prince of Persia at E3. And Mirror's Edge 2 being shown at the MS PC at E3. And the indie policy. And the 20 % drop in performance. ...

Did you expect them to come out and announce this? Just curious.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I get that. Just seems like some people have had a vendetta against this guy since E3, wanting him to be banned, etc.

I get that too. I don't want him banned. I do appreciate the risk CBoaT takes in getting us this information. I think someone CBoaT trusted fed him some false information. It would be good to get CBoaT's side of what happened.

Wrong about the release date of a next gen console? OH NO STRING EM UP

PoP ended up being Halo. He probably saw everything but the end bit.

ME2 likely got moved to EAs since they literally ended their keynote with it. Why give that to MS?

Indie stuff has clearly changed, no?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Did, did the Sonynjas put out false info out to smoke out the leakers!? Watch out, you ass on a train. Watch your back!

IceBreak

Banned
Damn people are really taking waited opportunists in this thread.

I don't hate the guy. And I get he gets a pass with his history. I get it. But damn, should he really be able to claim outright falsehoods without any consequence whatsoever? I'm not suggesting a ban or anything like that. And I'm a junior member here. I know this. But it just feels icky to me that he can say things are one way, we find out they're the other, and it's okay because he was right before. Especially when a lot of the things he says can be open to interpretation/unprovable or are pretty widely known to begin with.

I'd also like to say it's totally possible he was intentionally given false info to find the rat. But even if that's the case, shouldn't like a warning be in order? Again, I'm a nobody here and just sharing my thoughts on this.

Not

Banned
I don't hate the guy. And I get he gets a pass with his history. I get it. But damn, should he really be able to claim outright falsehoods without any consequence whatsoever? I'm not suggesting a ban or anything like that. And I'm a junior member here. I know this. But it just feels icky to me that he can say things are one way, we find out they're the other, and it's okay because he was right before. Especially when a lot of the things he says can be open to interpretation/unprovable or are pretty widely known to begin with.

I'd also like to say it's totally possible he was intentionally given false info to find the rat. But even if that's the case, shouldn't like a warning be in order? Again, I'm a nobody here and just sharing my thoughts on this.

Even if the guy is only mostly right, he's proven to be a valuable source. I don't think we set up any "three strikes you're out" policies.

REV 09

The anti CBOAT people sure are out in force today.

CBOAT is a source for rumors...nothing more. it shouldn't surprise anyone that some of them turned out wrong. I'm sure he has inside connections, but that doesn't make what he says true.

There are only really 2 lay-man verifiable leaks here.

fact #1 - unverifiable, no one is gonna break NDA to confirm it and if they deny it you can call damage control / pr.

fact #2 - unverifiable, no one is gonna break NDA to confirm it and if they deny it you can call damage control / pr.

fact # 3 - This one is really good. We've had rumours of late Oct release so not unheard of. Verifiable

fact # 4 - This one is really, really, really good. This is a huge claim that already has people dying. Verifiable

fact #5 - semiverifiable, possibility someone confirms it/denies it but the layman can't really do much.

fact #6 - already known

fact #7 - not a fact

So really while this seems super exciting, we only really have 2 #truthfacts that we can actually confirm are #truthfacts. One of which we already have rumours from another source.

Only 2 real verifiable truthfacts and one of them is already wrong. I no longer believe in the whisperings of this buttocks.

Krilekk

Banned
If we're being honest here folks, while it's clear Cboat has been right about some things in the past, he also says a lot of things that are very vague, and open to interpretation. That always makes me suspicious.

Sure enough though, he decided to get more specific, and boy did it backfire.

Not only was he not correct at all about the PS4 date, he was also wrong that Microsoft's indie policy was not settled. Both of those things were announced pretty damn clearly today.

Often times I feel like his predictions are informed guesses. Many of us thought there were signs Sony was going to launch in October. They never specified a month til today, and that always made me think they didn't just say November because they may have been targeting late October.

And that is exactly what he really does. He just copies the methods of Nostradamus to make it seem like he knows stuff before anyone else by being vague enough to be right. Of course then there are those mad followers who interpret everything that really happens in a way so it can be a result of cboat's predictions. Like Masterchief walking around in a cloak. "Oh he must've mistaken that for Prince of Persia"

There was a very strict policy here for insider knowledge, be right or be gone. It seems cboat got greedy, wanted even more attention and failed.

AngryMoth

Shame he got the release wrong, but (not sure this has already been pointed out) he got the 'app deal falling apart' prediction from here right I'm assuming with Twitch been announced for ps4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom