• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

For all we know it could be a villain or even Rick Jones taking up the mantle of an old character lol. I'm just going to wait and see.

You know, it does sound like something that little toenail fungus called Rick Jones would say

edit: Oh hey there's a four page thread on this in OT, lol
Consensus seems to be Quasar.

I bought two books from Dark Horse this month, unusual for me. Dept H and House of Penance. Anybody else read these? Dept H is on notice, one more issue and I'm dropping it...wasn't impressed with the art or the story. House of Penance on the other hand was insane and wonderful. I loved it. I can imagine a lot of people disliking it (I seem to recall somebody saying they didn't like it), but it feels like it was written just for me. I can't wait to see where it's going.

Zombine

Banned
Awesome series. If there's anything Brubaker excels at, it's crime and spy fiction.

This 100%. Velvet is still his best though in my entirely bias opinion. Strong leading ladies + Brubaker riffing on bond is a match made in heaven.

There's some moments in that book that activate hype mode way too easily.

Sandfox

According to Alonso Star-Lord will have a series post CW so now I'm wondering who they're going to get to work on it assuming Humphries is gone.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ayyy. So I've made it to Merrimack, New Hampshire. Do any of you guys live in the area besides TJ?

Boogiepop

Okay, going over my potential comixology thoughts, and on some random info I'd like to make an informed decision... Of the following series, have any of these shown signs of ending soon and/or dropped off in quality:
A-Force
Squirrel Girl
Ms Marvel
Howard the Duck
Silk

Also, is Loki Agent of Asgard over and if so does the "Last Days" trade that I own and haven't gotten to yet wrap it up?

Also also, are there any super amazing must have standouts from the newer stuff from Marvel outside of Power Man & Iron Fist and Vision?

Also also also, what's good from that Earth 2 sale?

(I may have other questions later, but that's a starting point at least)

mreddie

Okay, going over my potential comixology thoughts, and on some random info I'd like to make an informed decision... Of the following series, have any of these shown signs of ending soon and/or dropped off in quality:
A-Force
Squirrel Girl
Ms Marvel
Howard the Duck
Silk

Also, is Loki Agent of Asgard over and if so does the "Last Days" trade that I own and haven't gotten to yet wrap it up?

Also also, are there any super amazing must have standouts from the newer stuff from Marvel outside of Power Man & Iron Fist and Vision?

A-Force - Eh
Squirrel Girl - Still good, first arc in ANAD drags though
Ms Marvel - Still damn good
Howard the Duck - Post ANAD is decent but the Squirrel Girl crossover was great
Silk - Tana Ford is ruining this book
Loki has a new series coming and the Last Days arc does wrap everything up

Other than PM/IM and Vision, the only one I can think of is Black Panther

Messi

A-Force
Squirrel Girl
Ms Marvel
Howard the Duck
Silk

All of those books are still good and you have the last Loki book.

Bendis Iron Man is great

A-Force - Enjoying it a lot, doubt it ends anytime soon
Squirrel Girl - Great book and if it's managed to last this long...
Ms Marvel - Ditto
Howard the Duck - Not reading this one
Silk - Mediocre book, unsure of its future

Yes, it wraps it up BEAUTIFULLY. Like one of the best endings to a series ever. I ain't even mad they ended one of my favorite books. Loki is getting a new series later this year, though, called Vote Loki or something. He's also hanging around Thor's book these days.

Newer stuff? 'cuz Power Man & Iron Fist is pretty new but Vision was practically a ANAD launch book. Anyway, sticking to the last three months or so...

Black Panther
Black Widow
Mockingbird
Spider-Man
Spider-Man & Deadpool

Can't help you there, sorry!

Hope he appears again.

Is the Brashear in this book related to the one in Ultimates?

Hmmm, that's a good question. Wouldn't surprise me.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Karnak releases so slowly. Why is that? Feels like 2 issues of other stuff releases in between 1 issue of that.

Kipp

How's the move going Kipp?

A little bit homesick, but I was expecting that. Besides that, I'm really enjoying it here. The town is really nice and my roommate and I get along super well (right now we're having a blast playing Rocket League), and I'm looking forward to starting my new job. So yeah, things are going pretty well all things considered. Thanks for asking, echo!

How are things going with you? Any good news? I haven't been keeping up with this thread much so I haven't seen if there were any updates on your end.

A little bit homesick, but I was expecting that. Besides that, I'm really enjoying it here. The town is really nice and my roommate and I get along super well (right now we're having a blast playing Rocket League), and I'm looking forward to starting my new job. So yeah, things are going pretty well all things considered. Thanks for asking, echo!

How are things going with you? Any good news? I haven't been keeping up with this thread much so I haven't seen if there were any updates on your end.

Oh that's great, finding a cool roommate makes all the difference. :)

No news from me, waiting on the results of a blood test that had to be sent to California for analysis. They are checking for signs of metastasis. Hopefully I'll know more next week and I'll post an update.

Kipp

Oh that's great, finding a cool roommate makes all the difference. :)

No news from me, waiting on the results of a blood test that had to be sent to California for analysis. They are checking for signs of metastasis. Hopefully I'll know more next week and I'll post an update.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm super glad that we get along so well. We kinda clicked right away, which is super nice. Really besides the homesickness everything is going as perfectly as can be, and I expect the homesickness will wear off eventually.

And ah, gotcha. Well I look forward to hearing an update from you. I have faith that there'll be some good news coming from you. You certainly deserve all the best.

A-Force
Squirrel Girl
Ms Marvel
Howard the Duck
Silk

Squirrel Girl is still the best Marvel ongoing, nothing has changed there. With the Eisner nominations and strong trade sales, I expect it to stay around for a while.

Besides the two you named, my other favorite ANAD comics are Black Widow and Mockingbird. Really great so far.

Messi

Squirrel Girl is still the best Marvel ongoing, nothing has changed there. With the Eisner nominations and strong trade sales, I expect it to stay around for a while.

Besides the two you named, my other favorite ANAD comics are Black Widow and Mockingbird. Really great so far.

Agreed 100% on those. Black Widows first two issues are so cool.

Owzers

You'd hardly ever know the town gets together for yearly sacrifices.

Kipp

You'd hardly ever know the town gets together for yearly sacrifices.

Well most people don't know, but I mean, that's the main reason I moved here, so I guess it's not much of a surprise that I'm aware of it. Just 2 more months until the great bloodshed! :D

Ross61

I'm really starting to think that Geoff Johns personally doesn't want anyone to do a great GL run after him. We've been stuck with Vendetti for a while now, plus we got Sam Humphries now.

Boogiepop

Thanks a ton guys. Did some serious reading today (every one of those series I mentioned in that list got a trade read to catch up on my backlog), so now along with that and a little thought on the matter I'll try to make an informed decision. Thinking I may feel okay with moving everything over to digital Marvel-wise except for Ms. Marvel which is the one that really, really, really clicks with me, and then maybe go back for nice editions for the ones that really strike my fancy when such things come out.

And yeah, I'm out of the loop enough that anything ANAD would be considered "new" for me. Oh yeah, how is the Totally Awesome Hulk series? Kind of interested because it's Amadeus Cho... (But yeah, I got some serious thinking to do on all of this in general...)

Edit: But yeah, any thoughts on what Earth 2 stuff on sale is good would be greatly appreciated as I may also want to take advantage of that and have no idea what to do with that stuff...

Messi

Thanks a ton guys. Did some serious reading today (every one of those series I mentioned in that list got a trade read to catch up on my backlog), so now along with that and a little thought on the matter I'll try to make an informed decision. Thinking I may feel okay with moving everything over to digital Marvel-wise except for Ms. Marvel which is the one that really, really, really clicks with me, and then maybe go back for nice editions for the ones that really strike my fancy when such things come out.

And yeah, I'm out of the loop enough that anything ANAD would be considered "new" for me. Oh yeah, how is the Totally Awesome Hulk series? Kind of interested because it's Amadeus Cho... (But yeah, I got some serious thinking to do on all of this in general...)

Edit: But yeah, any thoughts on what Earth 2 stuff on sale is good would be greatly appreciated as I may also want to take advantage of that and have no idea what to do with that stuff...

Totally Awesome Hulk has been good fun. Chos art is really great. I'd pick it up.

Is that confirmed or is it still one issue. Cho gas had a fill in on hulk before. Regardless if Del Mundo takes over he is just as good.

Latest interview on CBR with Alonso seems to imply that Del Mundo is the new full-time artist.

I've been enjoying the run, Pak has great comedic timing and I'm liking this continuation of Amadeus' story. Hoping for a Hercules guest appearance in the future.

Messi

Latest interview on CBR with Alonso seems to imply that Del Mundo is the new full-time artist.

I've been enjoying the run, Pak has great comedic timing and I'm liking this continuation of Amadeus' story. Hoping for a Hercules guest appearance in the future.

Ah cool. I really like Del Mundo. Book should come out quicker now too.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Ended up going back to pick up the Ellis' Moon Knight.

And Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment.

And Black Widow.

I'm so susceptible to sales. It's terrible.

Top Bottom