• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

ironmang

I'd say any recent tablet released in the last few years supporting HD resolutions will do a fine job with comics. From there it's just a matter of accounting for what else you want. Android/iOS? Expandable storage? Etc.

I know some people that have been more than happy with smaller 8" tablets and those in this thread raving about the larger ipad pro. For my part I wanted something as close to a standard comics page in size, with expandable storage on android. I settled on the Galaxy tab s 10.5 a few years ago and have been happy with it ever since. If the ipad pro had been out at the time I was buying I might have been tempted.

Also worth bearing in mind that you can't make in-app purchases of comics on the iOS comixology app any more whereas you still can with the android app.

I don't really know a whole lot going in but display and compatibility with different services are the only features I care much about. Size I'd want it to be a little smaller than a normal comic. Storage shouldn't really matter since it's almost exclusively going to be for comics. Price is definitely the most important thing though so it doesn't need to have much power or extra features. Hoping to run into someone who bought one of those dirt cheap tablets from walmart and had no problems meeting all their comic needs.

Mindwipe

Civil War was fan-fucking-tastic. Best MCU film to date,

I still think Winter Soldier is the best simply because I never expected it to be as great as it is and elevate the universe in so many ways, but it's pretty damned close.

I never watch films theatrically twice, and I've been discussing going back to watch it again with people all morning.

I still think Winter Soldier is the best simply because I never expected it to be as great as it is and elevate the universe in so many ways, but it's pretty damned close.

I never watch films theatrically twice, and I've been discussing going back to watch it again with people all morning.

I didn't really expect it to beat The Winter Soldier either, but there was so much good stuff in it.

Hagi

Its clearly about the heroes, but I consider Zemo as good as Alexander Pierce and Loki

It's not like I expect him to be an integral part but even when the villains are they kinda suck, Loki included.

Yeah, I liked him a lot. Very different to previous villains in the MCU..

That's cool I'm trying to keep my hype on the low after Age of Ultron but everything is pointing to the Russo's knocking it out of the park again. Only have to wait till tomorrow.

Vyer

Anbody with a Surface use it for comics? Whats your setup app wise and were do you buy comics from?

I downloaded Cover and bought TDKR and Flashpoint off of Google Play, then converted them to non DRM using an app. Its a hassle.

had a surface pro for about a month. loved it as a laptop, but didn't really like it much for comics/just a tablet. everything was kind of a hassle as a tablet IMO. every ipad and android tablet i've ever used was a better experience as far as that goes.

I love Snyder's Batman run, don't get me wrong, but does anyone else reading his run sometimes think he's a little bit too much up his own ass? Reading the first couple trades and having recently read 50 and 51 I just always assume Snyder is happily grinning at how great he is every time he writes a line.

not really. everything i've ever seen or read bout Snyder never really gives me that vibe about the dude. what I do get that is that he is a dude that really loves batman. like he has a deep reverance for the character. i think sometimes that's a little too strong and carries over in his writing. but i can't hate someone much for just loving what they are working on.

hamiltonbook.com has restocked quite a few books. Shipping is $4 for the first book and $0.50 for each additional book if I remember correctly.

One Million Omnibus - $30
Geoff Johns Teen Titans Omnibus - $50
BPRD v2,v3 paperbacks - $8 each
Absolutes (Final Crisis/Identity Crisis/Sinestro Corps War/Superman For Tomorrow) - $30/$30/$30/$20

not familiar with them, but those are good prices. have you ordered from them before whatsinaname?

not really. everything i've ever seen or read bout Snyder never really gives me that vibe about the dude. what I do get that is that he is a dude that really loves batman. like he has a deep reverance for the character. i think sometimes that's a little too strong and carries over in his writing. but i can't hate someone much for just loving what they are working on.

I'm saying that knowing nothing about the guy himself. The only time I ever saw him or anythign was the Rebirth stream. I just think it's how I have taken his writing somehow. Maybe it is the overwhelming love for Batman that I'm reading from it and it's just hitting me in a different vibe? I could see that happening. It's not like I hate his writing or anything at all, just sometimes reading him I'm just thinking "Ok, come onnnnnnn. We get it, you vape." in a way.

not familiar with them, but those are good prices. have you ordered from them before whatsinaname?

Yes, I got my One Million omnibus and a couple of other Kirby omnibuses from there. They take a little bit of time to ship out and use the slowest USPS shipping option but the books got to me with no damages.

(They say some of their books might have the remainder mark, if you care about that. Mine didn't.).

Mindwipe

had a surface pro for about a month. loved it as a laptop, but didn't really like it much for comics/just a tablet. everything was kind of a hassle as a tablet IMO. every ipad and android tablet i've ever used was a better experience as far as that goes.

Sadly the Surface is kinda ruined for comics by not having a Comixology app, so you can't do offline downloads. Combined with no MU app and its a shitty situation.

Hagi

First and second arcs are good. Third arc is fan-fucking-tastic. Definitely worth reading. People have mixed opinions about Crain's art, though.

I remember that guy from X-Force his art is pretty cool. Thanks I think I'll grab volume 1 to read on the bus tomorrow.

shingi70

Banned
So Batman #51 is supposed to be a play on the ideas of Batman #1. It ryhmes like Poetry.

Zemo was just okay, he made sense for the MCu but not what I was expecting. It's almost a Mandarin esque swerve.

Started retreading multiversity. Man this book is amazing. Not hey way each issue builds to the next. Just the variety of genres.

Easily Morrisons best work

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Doom Patrol is the only correct answer.

You know what's the worst?
Right now I reeeally want to read comics but I have to go to work and I also can't decide what to read. I need to place an IST order soon.

Doom Patrol is the only correct answer.

You know what's the worst?
Right now I reeeally want to read comics but I have to go to work and I also can't decide what to read. I need to place an IST order soon.

I hate when I'm at work and all I want to do is read.

VanWinkle

Yes, I got my One Million omnibus and a couple of other Kirby omnibuses from there. They take a little bit of time to ship out and use the slowest USPS shipping option but the books got to me with no damages.

(They say some of their books might have the remainder mark, if you care about that. Mine didn't.).

Hope you don't mind I've posted this to the FB group. I figured you've got what you wanted by now anyway, lol.

tim1138

Grant Morrison top 10 power rankings

1. Animal Man
2. Doom Patrol
3. Final Crisis
4. Batman
5. We3
6. Kill Your Boyfriend
7. Invisibles
8. New X-Men
9. Annihilator
10. Vinamarama