• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd-z

Despite completely loving the first volume, I keep looking at the second Fear Agent Library Edition sitting on my shelf and I have absolutely zero desire to read it.
Yeah, I LOVED the first volume, but have not yet bought the second even though it's been a couple months. I'm sure I'll get to it at some point, but it'll have to wait.

Also, sweet new avatar!
Give in.

But yeah, I definitely know that feeling. Something I only learned very recently is that action leads to motivation, not the other way around. I'm sure if you force yourself to start it, you'll get totally into it.
Oh man, that's so true. Also, good advice. These days we have so much easy access to entertainment/culture/art that it's hard to choose. For me it often leads to wasting hours of my free time doing nothing specific even though I have a ton of games/comics/books/movies that I know I'll absolutely love just sitting there and waiting for me to check them out. But when I finally just jump into one of them without any planning or whatever I get sucked in and it's great.

So yeah, however weird it might sound, I think it's often good to force yourself to read/play/watch something.

ReAxion

Oh how I sooo want this

oh yah, I talked to a guy at the comixology booth at SDCC about this, asked him if he visited any friends over at Dark Horse, and he said it's basically up to them cuz they'd love to have them, and that we should tell Dark Horse they should join up. Commence the massive email campaign!

IT'S HERE

iQFaEvsZ04OlM.jpg

ip4Bb40W62UjU.jpg

fauxtrot

Banned
My list:

1st Place: Marvel 100th Anniversary - Avengers #1
2nd Place: The Sandman Overture #3
3rd Place: Seconds (if that doesn't count, Batman #33)

I knew Bats was gonna get first, so I tried to counter that a bit by not voting for it, but it was so good, I figured I'd let it take my 3rd place if Seconds didn't count.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: JAMES STOKOE 1985 - 2063

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Introduction and Afterword by Tom Peyer. Foreword by Morrison.
Cool, looks great. DC is getting closer to the perfect omnibus, aka X-Statix, with each new Morrison release.
If there was, what would it say, other than "There will never be a third volume of the umbrella academy, kthanksbye"?
"..and my bad about Fabulous Killjoys. It was as bad as the music it was based on."

Cool, looks great. DC is getting closer to the perfect omnibus, aka X-Statix, with each new Morrison release.

"..and my bad about Fabulous Killjoys. It was as bad as the music it was based on."

Hahaha, was it that bad? I just kind of glossed over it when it became obvious that's not even what he's been doing all this time, and that he was just plotting it and the other guy was actually scripting. I really would still take that third volume of TUA though.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hahaha, was it that bad? I just kind of glossed over it when it became obvious that's not even what he's been doing all this time, and that he was just plotting it and the other guy was actually scripting. I really would still take that third volume of TUA though.
Killjoys was attrocious. It was an attempt to bring out the story surrounding his bad music, but it was nonsensical garbage. Becky Cloonan couldn't even save that doo doo. Gay anti-hero Grant Morrison being in the comic couldn't save it.

I hope dude didn't blow his magical creative load on Umbrella Academy. Those two books are damn good, though.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Speaking of Omnibuses, this is the only one that I own since bought it back in February.

Needless to say about the weight, the hernia it induced me was worth the read.

ReAxion

Eric_J had a bag thrown over his head and he was dragged away from the keyboard before he could share his news.

Filthy Slug

It'd have been nice to check it back in February! I haven't read it since then, I let a friend borrow it.
And you didn't share the method with your friend? It's gonna be awkward when he's stuck with that giant stiff thing, trying to wrap his hands around it but losing grip and having it slip out of his hand.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just read Spider-Mn: Family Business and damn, it was quite amazing. Waid should replace Slott ASAP!
And Del Ottos art was so gorgeous.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Fiona Staples variant of Thor God of Thunder #1

So good, will be mine.

no background as usual

why is Thor helmit reminding me of mandora from the old Thundercats cartoon?

Also I got a new theory
the female thor Thor's oldest grand daughters stuck in the past

Filthy Slug

tumblr_mbp7diyMHT1rsrrito1_500.png

Titus is a great addition to the family--love that Tomasi tried to build a childhood for Damian.

Once again things got away from me on IST. I realized I didn't have a trade of Batman year 100 and wanted to put it on my wish list. Well before I knew it I placed an order that worked off my wish list with the following:

SOMEPLACE STRANGE HC
BATMAN YEAR ONE HUNDRED TP NEW PTG
LONE WOLF & CUB OMNIBUS TP VOL 01
GRENDEL OMNIBUS TP VOL 02 LEGACY
GRENDEL OMNIBUS TP VOL 03 ORIONS REIGN
GRENDEL OMNIBUS TP VOL 04 PRIME (C: 0-1-2)
DOOM PATROL OMNIBUS HC (MR)

fauxtrot

Banned
Fiona Staples variant of Thor God of Thunder #1

THOR2014001_cover_StaplesVariant.tiff_.jpg

So good, will be mine.

no background as usual

Yussssss... I love it.

The horns on her helmet look like Green Goblin's ears.

Slott convinced Aaron to make the new Thor post-op Norman Osborn! You heard it here first!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Still reading through Brubaker/Fraction's Immortal Iron Fist.
This is a superhero comic done right.
So many interesting plotlines all taking place at once and such great character development. And Aja art. This is great stuff.

Batman voters are the WORST. Totally doesn't deserve it, you can't compare the writing in Batman to My little Pony.

Not like that, bro. But I'm not interested in another origin story, regardless of how good it is. The last original Batman story I read came out in 1986.

The Fade Out looks amazing.

Zombine

Banned
Someone remind Dark Horse that they're losing their biggest licensed franchise to Marvel, and that if they want to remain competitive they need to drop their shitty app and join great overlord Amazon.

The Fade Out looks amazing.

I can't wait for this book. Brubaker and Philips are getting back to what they do best. I thought Fatale was interesting, but it started to lose steam after the second arc. Good on them for trying something new, though. Don't forget, they have that five-year exclusive contract with Image that allows them to do any project they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom