• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The art in Simones Batgirl made her look like a constipated 30 year old.

How old is the character supposed to be? I haven't read any of the comics. It's just that the character seemed to keep getting younger over all the art I have seen in the last two OTs.

Messi

How old is the character supposed to be? I haven't read any of the comics. It's just that the character seemed to keep getting younger over all the art I have seen in the last two OTs.

They seem to be ageing her down but the art in the most recent arc was so bad that I had no idea how to gauge her age.

The new costume is not something I could see Simones batgirl wearing.

Messi

Omg, I was just watching the NBA USA team playing each other and Paul George just broke his leg. I didn't want to see this. Why wasn't I reading comics instead :(

That video! Ewww

Anyways, I just reread Rocket Racoon #1 now that I have their voices and personalities in my head and it was so much better. It's getting added to the pull.

Oh man it's the Silva/Weidman fight all over again.

That video! Ewww

Anyways, I just reread Rocket Racoon #1 now that I have their voices and personalities in my head and it was so much better. It's getting added to the pull.

I always read him with a British accent for some reason, but I really liked what the movie did for him.

Messi

They should have made it Steph

No thanks. Babs is the best Batgirl out of the two Batgirls.

That video! Ewww

Movie was that good huh? I was gonna go tonight at the IMAX but I decided to stay in and watch the NBA game. Well :(

Messi

Yes. But man, they should at least let her be like, 25 or something at this point.

I agree 100% but I am also super excited for the new team.

Have you read Bryan Q. Miller's Batgirl?

It's been awhile since I read it but I remember it being REAL good, better than the first arc I read of Gail Simone's run.

I did recently and while I think it was good I just enjoyed Babs more as a character. Plus you get Stephanie back now too.

I did recently and while I think it was good I just enjoyed Babs more as a character. Plus you get Stephanie back now too.
I really like what they did for Steph in that run and I hope she becomes a regular in that Gotham Academy book.

I'll be picking up that new creative team on Batgirl, maybe I'll start liking Babs then.

Messi

I really like what they did for Steph in that run and I hope she becomes a regular in that Gotham Academy book.

I'll be picking up that new creative team on Batgirl, maybe I'll start liking Babs then.

I'm looking forward to them bringing fun back to Babs, it's one of the things the current run is missing. Ironically it's what dc prevented Gail Simone from doing seemingly. Wanted all this grim dark.

--

Korupt did you try Legendary Star Lord #1 , I loved it. Seems like they are using movie star lord for it.

I'm looking forward to them bringing fun back to Babs, it's one of the things the current run is missing. Ironically it's what dc prevented Gail Simone from doing seemingly. Wanted all this grim dark.

--

Korupt did you try Legendary Star Lord #1 , I loved it. Seems like they are using movie star lord for it.
You got a code brah?

Messi

You got a code brah?

I buy 90% digital now ( Bar Harley/Batman/Catwoman/Saga which I buy digitally and physically)

How many of you saw Guardians of the Galaxy today? I loved it. Best Marvel movie yet. :D

Sorry, I chose to stay in and watch a mans leg break.

9GKqWO7.gif

How many of you saw Guardians of the Galaxy today? I loved it. Best Marvel movie yet. :D

I saw it Thursday night and it is my favorite comic book movie ever. It did space opera better than the last 4 Star Wars movies. It had better humor than some comedy movies. It was delightful.

Peter Quill is this generations Hans Solo.

Messi

I saw it Thursday night and it is my favorite comic book movie ever. It did space opera better than the last 4 Star Wars movies. It had better humor than some comedy movies. It was delightful.

Do you have an equivalent that I might understand?

I'm seeing Guardians tomorrow with my friends. I'm really excited to see it!

Probably gonna do a giveaway for Thanos Annual tomorrow sometime in the afternoon. I didn't see anyone talk about it here, but I enjoyed it.

fauxtrot

Banned

fauxtrot

Banned
Want me to totally blow your mind. I've only seen one Indiana Jones movie. Crystal Skull.

None of Godfather either.

I was going to say Indiana Jones, but now I'm just shaking my head. You now have three trilogies to watch, like yesterday.

You can skip Godfather III, though.

I did. Insanely good. Up there with Cap 2 for me. Also had a really good crowd that laughed at all the right parts.

I have to admit, I was impressed. I wasn't sure Chris Pratt could pull it off, but he did. Even Dave Bautista played his part pretty well.

I'm thinking I might drop the Doomed storyline. I just don't care. We know by Johns Superman that whatever happens, he just goes back to status quo. I miss the Action Comics story lines that were feel good. This week alone, the Doomed storyline will cost you $14. Two annuals and a regular issue.

My good friends that stick with it, I may ask you to spoil it.

fauxtrot

Banned
I have to admit, I was impressed. I wasn't sure Chris Pratt could pull it off, but he did. Even Dave Bautista played his part pretty well.

Bautista did a serviceable job, but he was definitely the weakest member of the cast. I'd have liked to have seen another female character in the group too, like Moon Dragon. Hopefully she (or Quasar) will end up in the sequel rather than just Adam Warlock and Mantis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom