• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Messi

Paul Dini's autobiographical 'Dark Night: A True Batman Story' to be published by Vertigo in June 2016 (Hollywood Reporter)

j1qWhyr.jpg

My god that sounds really intense. I will have to get this.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I had Curly Fries for the first time in my life and I now consider to become american because a country who invents a that delicious meal cant be bad after all.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Think I'm gonna order iZombie, Private Eye, Kabuki vol 2, and Lil Gotham vol 2.

Think I'm gonna order iZombie, Private Eye, Kabuki vol 2, and Lil Gotham vol 2.

I thought I was going to have trouble making $50 for free shipping this week.

RAT QUEENS DLX HC VOL 01 (MR) $19.20
IZOMBIE OMNIBUS HC (MR) $36.00
UNCANNY X-MEN PREM HC VOL 06 STORYVILLE $13.24
21ST CENTURY TANK GIRL HC $16.78

:(

They still haven't shipped my last order. Waiting on dat Kabuki Library Edition Vol.2

Was reading Plastic Man last night and I finished the first arc and started the second. I love this series so far. Baker's a great fit for the character and it's just such a fun comic. The twist with Plastic Man's wife was next level and I loved it.

Baker came out of nowhere to become one of my favorite creators. Why I Hate Saturn, You Are Here, and Plastic Man are all fantastic.

Was reading Plastic Man last night and I finished the first arc and started the second. I love this series so far. Baker's a great fit for the character and it's just such a fun comic. The twist with Plastic Man's wife was next level and I loved it.

Baker came out of nowhere to become one of my favorite creators. Why I Hate Saturn, You Are Here, and Plastic Man are all fantastic.

I was reading this yesterday night, picked up the first two trades at the library.

I was rather put off at the beginning. Gave me a Jim Carrey in Ace Ventura vibe (I hate that movie). But it started growing on me and a couple of bits were hilarious.

PsychBat!

Banned
I don't know, what are your totally awesome credentials?

Totally Awesome Award for being Totally Awesome
Winner of The Best Singer to cover the "Everything is Awesome" song from The Lego Movie.
Messi's seal of approval!
Messi's seal of Awesome!
Lionel Messi's Personal Football!
This stick I found in the woods

Mindwipe

This week I read the first trades of Roche Limit, which I liked but felt a bit rushed at the end, and Trees, which I absolutely fucking loved and would strongly recommend to anyone.

Messi

Totally Awesome Award for being Totally Awesome
Winner of The Best Singer to cover the "Everything is Awesome" song from The Lego Movie.
Messi's seal of approval!
Messi's seal of Awesome!
Lionel Messi's Personal Football!
This stick I found in the woods

giphy.gif

This list is made up of lies. I never gave you either seals! LIES!

Squire

Banned
I'm expecting good things. They have the perfect Hulk creative team on this book.

Maybe. To be honest, I'm curious to see if Cho can manage to keep from poking the bear in Hulk.

It's already sort of antithetical to ANAD (bringing new readers in) to hire an artist that seems to revel in riling people up.

Sandfox

Maybe. To be honest, I'm curious to see if Cho can manage to keep from poking the bear in Hulk.

It's already sort of antithetical to ANAD (bringing new readers in) to hire an artist that seems to revel in riling people up.
If anything riling people up draws more people to the book. His art for this book looks really good.

Messi

If anything riling people up draws more people to the book. His art for this book looks really good.

I can't imagine him being given much room to rile people up in a book like hulk and besides that his art in the preview looks really good.

So I bought Just Cause 3.

But it only cost me $11 and change. Yay coupons.

I will probably not even open it until I hear about a patch that at least helps some of the technical issues

Sandfox

I can't imagine him being given much room to rile people up in a book like hulk and besides that his art in the preview looks really good.
The only riling up he was doing was the comic covers and those were either commissions or ideas he came up with to match that theme.

Tomita

That might require DC to acknowledge that the Young Justice cartoon existed (unless you're talking about the Peter David comic from the 90s). I don't feel that would go well for them.

They actually had a Young Justice article being advertised on the main page for the past week or so on dccomics.com, haha. I think this one. Of course, now that I point this out it's no longer on the main page, but there's still evidence, I swear.

Man, I dont dare to post this in any official thread, but its really hard for me to watch that 50 second footage of Batman Vs Superman and dont laugh, because it looks so ridicolus dark and serious, almost like someone wanted to make a parody of Miller Batman book.

I am aware, that those soldiers most likely make sense in the movie and why Supes looks like Batman stole him the last donut, but boy, this scene is laughable.

And I hate that I cant post this outside of this community without getting a war started.

But Bats in the trenchcoat looked cool. Reminded me of that Damian Batman Books.

Honestly? I am pretty hyped for this movie (I hate getting hyped for movies...and I didn't hate Man of Steel but I watched it just recently and it was "okay"...damn it) but when I watched the teaser I really did burst out laughing.
That dream sequence is gonna be fucking hilarious. But at the same time, it's batshit comic book shit, so I can't hate it.

Then again I never got into Miller Batman. Clearly I am the worst Batman fan ever for not giving a shit about Miller's version. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Boogiepop

Man, is iZombie indeed really good? I didn't know this was actually apparently the full series, and the Allred is tempting... Same question for Rat Queens as well, since I feel like that's been discussed in here often. New TMNT trade (Casey and April) along with those things are tempting me to be kind of irresponsible and placing an IST order... (not having any knowledge of or nostalgia for the Ghostbusters cartoon has me leaning towards maybe just skipping that new trade for that series, though).

Man, is iZombie indeed really good? I didn't know this was actually apparently the full series, and the Allred is tempting... Same question for Rat Queens as well, since I feel like that's been discussed in here often.

iZombie is amazing.

So is Rat Queens. Everything in the hardcover there is ace. Though the series kinda has me bummed since Tess Fowler started doing the artwork. Her art is just super-generic D&D type stuff.
Bring back Upchurch

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Has someone else sometimes the feeling, that there are just only unimport things in a life that motivates you to stay up again in the morning?

Messi

Man, is iZombie indeed really good? I didn't know this was actually apparently the full series, and the Allred is tempting... Same question for Rat Queens as well, since I feel like that's been discussed in here often. New TMNT trade (Casey and April) along with those things are tempting me to be kind of irresponsible and placing an IST order... (not having any knowledge of or nostalgia for the Ghostbusters cartoon has me leaning towards maybe just skipping that new trade for that series, though).

Yes, both are great and you should buy them.

iZombie is amazing.

So is Rat Queens. Everything in the hardcover there is ace. Though the series kinda has me bummed since Tess Fowler started doing the artwork. Her art is just super-generic D&D type stuff.
Bring back Upchurch

Her art is fine if a little bit unremarkable. Roc is never coming back and if what they say is true then you shouldnt want him back either.

Has someone else sometimes the feeling, that there are just only unimport things in a life that motivates you to stay up again in the morning?

Does anyone else get the feeling that it's only the unimportant things in life that motivate you to get up in the morning?

Is that what you meant? I had to retype that shit to even understand what you were talking about. Sober up. :p

Her art is fine if a little bit unremarkable. Roc is never coming back and if what they say is true then you shouldnt want him back either.

I know, but I do. I mean, that or Sejic. But we all know Sejic can't keep a schedule. He's turning into a kinky Adam Hughes.

Messi

Does anyone else get the feeling that it's only the unimportant things in life that motivate you to get up in the morning?

Is that what you meant? I had to retype that shit to even understand what you were talking about. Sober up. :p

I know, but I do. I mean, that or Sejic. But we all know Sejic can't keep a schedule. He's turning into a kinky Adam Hughes.

If it was true and he came back I would drop it right away. He was good but can be replaced. I do believe that Tess is getting better. Give her time to get comfortable the most recent issue was looking good.

If it was true and he came back I would drop it right away. He was good but can be replaced. I do believe that Tess is getting better. Give her time to get comfortable the most recent issue was looking good.

Really? No reaction? I thought the kinky Adam Hughes analogy was pretty funny.

As for Upchurch, I dunno, man. I generally separate the person from the ability. You could say "Roc Upchurch - Shitty person, Amazing artist" and I wouldn't disagree with you. I'll still buy his stuff, but I wouldn't disagree with you. Fowler art just doesn't do anything for me. [I had another thing to say here, but I won't.]

Messi

Really? No reaction? I thought the kinky Adam Hughes analogy was pretty funny.

As for Upchurch, I dunno, man. I generally separate the person from the ability. You could say "Roc Upchurch - Shitty person, Amazing artist" and I wouldn't disagree with you. I'll still buy his stuff, but I wouldn't disagree with you. Fowler art just doesn't do anything for me. [I had another thing to say here, but I won't.]

There are things I can let slide and still support the person but the things he is accused of...nah. For such a creative field I can separate the artist from the person.

I am still down about all the Sejic stuff and it jsut makes me sad. It used to be funny that he couldn't hit some deadlines but now that it appears to be much more serious than I though it is much less funny.

I am ok with Tess continuing on the book. Her art isnt bad in my eyes. Sure there is better for the book but its pretty clear she isnt going to leave.

Boogiepop

iZombie is amazing.

Bring back Upchurch

Yes, both are great and you should buy them.

I placed the order, but I hope you know that you're terrible influences :(. My poor wallet is going to need a serious break for a while, though fortunately I do think I can manage that.

Messi

I placed the order, but I hope you know that you're terrible influences :(. My poor wallet is going to need a serious break for a while, though fortunately I do think I can manage that.

You did good, both are great books. Lots of good reading in those books.

I am still down about all the Sejic stuff and it jsut makes me sad. It used to be funny that he couldn't hit some deadlines but now that it appears to be much more serious than I though it is much less funny.

I don't think the Sejic thing has as much to do with deadlines as it does people not knowing good comics. Or being afraid to take off the Marvel/DC training wheels to go and find other books they might enjoy.

Also, my next DCBS order is ready. Giant Hipster Batgirl statue and the new Catwoman Cover Girl statue are both in-stock.

Top Bottom