• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2016. Everyone Loves A Hero, Everyone Loves You

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i think it's time to start Aaron's Thor run

Godbutcher is as wonderful a trade as it was on release, excited to finally read the rest of the run (and start lady Thor)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
i think it's time to start Aaron's Thor run

Godbutcher is as wonderful a trade as it was on release, excited to finally read the rest of the run (and start lady Thor)

God Butcher is one of the best comics I've ever read.

Pretty sure I've said that, like, 50 times now.

It's alright. The Death of Captain Marvel still holds up well.

Wasn't someone reading all the old Marvel books? Did they reach Starlin's cosmic stuff?
I know he wrote Captain Marvel, and all the Infinity Gauntlet stuff (Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, Infinity Watch, etc.). He wrote Adam Warlock stuff. Thanos vs. Hulk...Did he write Silver Surfer?

*According to our extremely scientific study of sales at six random stores, over a two day period.

I do love their headlines. Slaughters is a great word. Why do you link these again? Is it to give Bleeding Cool hits? Because surely nobody thinks this indicates anything, and I say that as a guy who picks up everything Rebirth and only reads Marvel on Unlimited. It's the craziest one liner anecdotes from random dudes. "Brah, DC is killing it. Disney better still Marvel pronto."

TheFlow

Banned
BC: Bestseller List July 31st- "DC Rebirth Slaughters Civil War II"

I'd actually believe it because CMX's list of top sellers in my region is pretty much the same+the books that are on sale.

Btw, is the BoP issues in the current Rebirth sale worth it/any good?
It would be odd if DC wasn't dominating the charts till marvel broken launches. No rational person goes out and buys civil war 2
Excited to see how black panther sold. That was one hell of an arc.

Messi

I left a book store today without Vol 2 - 4 of prison school because I was too embarrassed to buy them :(. I am ashamed of myself and my crippling anxiety sometimes.

Messi

BC: Bestseller List July 31st- "DC Rebirth Slaughters Civil War II"

I'd actually believe it because CMX's list of top sellers in my region is pretty much the same+the books that are on sale.

Btw, is the BoP issues in the current Rebirth sale worth it/any good?

God no. So throwaway.

Buy Black Canary series and Batgirl Annual #2 for a great series and a great single issue Ivy story. All you need to know going onto the annual is that Ivy was in bop and betrayed them and left.

*According to our extremely scientific study of sales at six random stores, over a two day period.

I do love their headlines. Slaughters is a great word. Why do you link these again? Is it to give Bleeding Cool hits? Because surely nobody thinks this indicates anything, and I say that as a guy who picks up everything Rebirth and only reads Marvel on Unlimited. It's the craziest one liner anecdotes from random dudes. "Brah, DC is killing it. Disney better still Marvel pronto."
Because it's the only way to hear how comics sell to customers and not just "Marvel shipped 30K of this book but we have no clue when it's all going to be sold out because only a couple books get second printings from them nowadays". I'd gladly post ComicsAlliance or Newsarama links if they had any info on that.

Edit:
Messi said:
God no. So throwaway.

Buy Black Canary series and Batgirl Annual #2 for a great series and a great single issue Ivy story. All you need to know going onto the annual is that Ivy was in bop and betrayed them and left.
Okay! Already have those issues so time to wait for the next sale which should be on Harley and Suicide Squad where I already have all/the best issues.

TheFlow

Banned
I left a book store today without Vol 2 - 4 of prison school because I was too embarrassed to buy them :(. I am ashamed of myself and my crippling anxiety sometimes.
I am sure they wouldn't have cared. I used to get nervous about buying gunpla from book stores but I realized nobody really cares.

But why prison school out of all the echi manga to read

Sandfox

Because it's the only way to hear how comics sell to customers and not just "Marvel shipped 30K of this book but we have no clue when it's all going to be sold out because only a couple books get second printings from them nowadays". I'd gladly post ComicsAlliance or Newsarama links if they had any info on that.

Edit:Okay! Already have those issues so time to wait for the next sale.
I would argue that shipments are more important and I don't even like those.

Vic_Viper

Which of the recent Marvel Star Wars books are worth reading? Obviously gunna check out the main SW title and probably give Darth Vader's book a shot, anything else though? Are they doing anything for Rogue One?

Owzers

Reminds me of when i walked up to the counter at Gamestop and heard them trashing DOA Beach Volleyball and then i said i wanted to buy it. Can't shame me out of volleyball.

Then again that was a video game and not lewd manga, not really comparable.

Which of the recent Marvel Star Wars books are worth reading? Obviously gunna check out the main SW title and probably give Darth Vader's book a shot, anything else though? Are they doing anything for Rogue One?
They were going to but it was canned. Other than SW and Vader, I'd recommend Han, Lando and Anakin & Obi-Wan the most. Kanan if you're watching Rebels too.

I traded in fucking Senran Kagura Estival Versus Endless Summer edition at Gamestop yesterday, and you know what the guy said about it?

NOTHING.

Messi

I am sure they wouldn't have cared. I used to get nervous about buying gunpla from book stores but I realized nobody really cares.

But why prison school out of all the echi manga to read

Because Freeza told me I would enjoy it and it has nice art. I don't read books like this usually.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I know it's easier said than done, but when you learn to not give a fuck about what others think about you, the happier you'll be

Only way I can survive with my social anxiety, or I'd have no life outside my room

Messi

I also heard a girl telling her boyfriend in in manga section saying "Oh I don't read the books I just look it up on Netflix" lol

I traded in fucking Senran Kagura Estival Versus Endless Summer edition at Gamestop yesterday, and you know what the guy said about it?

NOTHING.

He probably doesn't know what it is. I know I wouldn't. My brain just files it all under anime.

I also heard a girl telling her boyfriend in in manga section saying "Oh I don't read the books I just look it up on Netflix" lol

*grumble grumble intensifies*

It's not nice to say things like that about people you don't know.
I used to have the same problems whenever I hesitated to purchase a Bleach manga with Kukaku's tits hanging out on the cover.
But they will judge me. Knowing my luck it will be some old lady who sneers at me.
If that old lady is working at B&N she should already know the types of books her store sells and not be so harshly judgmental. It's all literature plus she'll probably be happy your reading books instead of wasting your time on video games. Also I looked up the covers and they don't look lewd at all.

I thought I was a boob man for most of my life but I'm not sure recently. What if I make the wrong choice? I've been cutting sandwiches wrong my entire life, what if this is wrong too.
Man, I almost want to come up with a thread title based on this.

Btw, what's the title for tomorrow's thread? Is it something like "Return Of The Harley"?

Messi

Man, I almost want to come up with a thread title based on this.

Btw, what's the title for tomorrow's thread? Is it something like "Return Of The Harley"?

The fancy comics lobby that creates the threads won't allow Harley's return to feature. They hold us girly hijinks fans down.

The fancy comics lobby that creates the threads won't allow Harley's return to feature. They hold us girly hijinks fans down.
What, not even the month where she'll probably set sale records for female solo comics?
:p

I'm not looking forward to the wall of shame because I think I'm in the top ten despite only becoming a full member early this month.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I should finish Prison School, read about 30 chapters, thought it was amazing but then stopped for some reason.

Top Bottom