• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 2 |OT| of Set Phasers to 'LOVE ME'! (Renewed for season 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Scar said:
I never understand the appeal of bloopers for comedy shows. They're funny for dramas because they break the tone in a fun way, but comedies are already funny, ha

Some bloopers are fantastic. Like the season one blooper on Community where Joel McHale feels up Gilian Jacobs and she was not expecting it.

PhoncipleBone said:
Some bloopers are fantastic. Like the season one blooper on Community where Joel McHale feels up Gilian Jacobs and she was not expecting it.

Oh yeah, that was great. How could I forget that :lol

Quick

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:

Also the one with Alison Brie putting her boob on Joel McHale's shoulder and they had to stay in that position for a little bit for the scene.

Goddamn it, Joel McHale.

Raxus said:
Maybe when it comes down to hard Sci-fi.
Heh. If they don't write in a sci-fi conversation with Abed, i'm gonna be disappointed.

DominoKid said:
i dont understand the Emmys

The Wire and Friday Night Lights are 2 of the best shows ever and they barely got a look. well FNL finally got its due recognition in the last 2 seasons.
Friday Night Lights always got some recognition from the emmys, though, unlike The Wire. In season 1 it had nominations for Best Directing and Casting, and deservedly won the award for casting.

dave is ok said:
fyx6Y.jpg

Lmao. Love it. (That they can laugh about it)

Give them a damn Emmy already.

beat

Green Scar said:
I never understand the appeal of bloopers for comedy shows. They're funny for dramas because they break the tone in a fun way, but comedies are already funny, ha
Just this week I've seen the booger blooper three times and it still cracks me up to see Donald Glover turning it into what the season 7 blooper will be like.

Green Scar said:
Because it's just as funny. I watched all of the Office Bloopers they've had on YouTube, and I still haven't watched the show.

Shaneus

I've just started watching (again) Parks & Rec from S2 onwards (almost finished S3) and man, it just feels like it's trying too hard compared to Community. Doesn't help that I'm not a massive fan of Poehler, but still... the show as a whole I just don't dig.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
PhoncipleBone said:

Link damn you. Link!

Shaneus

I'll happily rewatch both seasons of Community. I don't get that feeling with any of the seasons of Parks & Rec. Doesn't help that Chris Pratt's character shits me off completely. Only things saving it for me are Aziz Ansari and Nick Offerman.

Jasoco

Banned
Andy and April's relationship on Parks is my favorite TV relationship since the original Jim and Pam.

Which is weird because I actually like how they're handling "hook up's" in Community, by not having any of the characters actually date. But having as many of them interact as possible. I don't want to see Jeff and Britta get together, but I like seeing them date. I don't want Annie and Troy, or Abed and Annie, or Jeff and Annie, or Pierce and Abed, or Troy and Britta winding up together, but I don't mind them hooking up. Keeps it from getting stale.

Shaneus said:
I'll happily rewatch both seasons of Community. I don't get that feeling with any of the seasons of Parks & Rec. Doesn't help that Chris Pratt's character shits me off completely. Only things saving it for me are Aziz Ansari and Nick Offerman.

All I've been doing this week is rewatching Parks & Recreation S3 on Hulu. It is glorious.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Shaneus said:

Different strokes for different blokes. I have a harder time watching Community over Parks. I love both shows but on rewatches I usually still choose Parks to watch during a lunch break than a Community.

Shaneus

VGChampion said:
Different strokes for different blokes. I have a harder time watching Community over Parks. I love both shows but on rewatches I usually still choose Parks to watch during a lunch break than a Community.
Fair call!

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't enjoy Parks, but everything just seems a bit more deliberate. That works most of the time, but a lot of things you can see coming a mile off whereas Community feels a little less predictable.

Anyway. S2 DVD. Woo!

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
VGChampion said:
That's exactly how I feel.

Jasoco

Banned
I've rewatched this more than I've rewatched Arrested Development. And like that show, I HAVE to watch it all in a row. From the beginning.

Shaneus

Jasoco said:
I've rewatched this more than I've rewatched Arrested Development. And like that show, I HAVE to watch it all in a row. From the beginning.
Make sure you put Physical Education before the family day episode so that Leonard's gambling problem reference makes sense ;)

Shaneus

Holy shit. Old? In 106, one of Troy's "announcements" over the PA is "butt soup", just like his middle name in the political episode in season 2!

RevoDS

Green Scar said:
Whilst this is on the first page, I'd like to declare my undying love for S1E09, Debate 101. Godlike episode.
Indeed, by far the show's best episode. With it, Community shot from good to awesome.

Medalion said:
Coincidentally the first episode to show a different side to Annie, and the start of the Annie/Jeff ship

That's only part of why that episode is great (not the shipping, the other part, lol). Of course, the cliche 'hey, the booksmart girl is actually really hot' moment is done perfectly and probably is the best bit in the episode, but the rest of it- especially Chevy's expert slapstick- is gold too.

And Simmons needs to fucking return god damn it

Jasoco

Banned
Green Scar said:
That's only part of why that episode is great (not the shipping, the other part, lol). Of course, the cliche 'hey, the booksmart girl is actually really hot' moment is done perfectly and probably is the best bit in the episode, but the rest of it- especially Chevy's expert slapstick- is gold too.

And Simmons needs to fucking return god damn it
Are you talking about the judge? Because I think Jeff was just saying she was attractive even though she wasn't because "man is evil" and he was using that tactic to help himself win.

tsigo

Jasoco said:
Are you talking about the judge? Because I think Jeff was just saying she was attractive even though she wasn't because "man is evil" and he was using that tactic to help himself win.

Pretty sure he's talking about the part where Annie lets her hair down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom