• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONFIRMED: USA Gamestop PS3 pre-orders start today (10/10).

sonycowboy said:
You're talking about COD2 and Rainbow Six Vegas. Both of which are based on a single report from Edge. And based on incomplete builds.

Whereas, we've seen that FN R3, Ridge Racer 7 (vs RR6), Oblivion, NBA 2k7, Marvel Alliance, Full Auto 2 (vs the original for those that care) are all upgraded.

Tony Hawk is techinically upgraded, but is missing online so that's not good.

We don't know about the EA games, but early reports would be that Madden would have extra content.

So, I think you're attempt to persuade folks that it's a bad idea is in vain. Especially since preorders sold out as soon as stores opened, thus making it a moot point.
Reading FTL. I was responding to a post where the poster couldn't get a PS3 pre-order and stated that he owned a 360 so he could survive. I agreed giving him a couple of further examples as to why being forced to wait isn't that big of a deal, and dispite you coming to the rescue to save...well...absolutely no one at all, the opinion still stands.

Tony HoTT

Banned
Damn I'm envious of you people who got to do this shit this morning. Especially since you'll make a really quick buck. I was too busy with an exam at school. Oh well.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
m0dus said:
Well, online play is a definite factor. Live 2.0's infrastructure and ease of use is likely leagues ahead of the network that sony still has YET to shed any more light upon.
It is said that you're missing half the experience with the 360 if you don't have live, because it adds so much to the overall package and gameplay.

I cannot speak for the framerate issue with certain titles, as nothing is complete yet, to my knowledge.

I have a 360, ask me how much I care about live. Sure I've added GAFFer's to my friends list, but I currently have zero interest in actually gaming online with them. The only thing I've done with XBL is download demos... that part interests me.

terrene

Banned
I've sent Pms to those of you lucky enough to have gotten an extra spot. I've had horrible luck. This morning, I was unlucky enough to live next to an over-nerded, camped-out EB that was only getting 6 units. Ever since I got to work I've been calling around and all the EB/GameStops in the state are sold the hell out. :( Huge bummer.

Wollan

DarienA said:
I have a 360, ask me how much I care about live. Sure I've added GAFFer's to my friends list, but I currently have zero interest in actually gaming online with them. The only thing I've done with XBL is download demos... that part interests me.

In any case. The features that actually matters will be there from day 1. Unified friends list. Video/text/voice messages. Great online games. Online store/marketplace...etc.

Are there any other stores that may do preorders? Out of Best Buy, Target, Comp-Usa, Fry's, and Toys-R-Us, only the latter said they may be doing it. The others said they don't do preorders.

PhatSaqs

Banned
bune duggy said:
silly question that has probably been answered: how do you know what preorder number you are?
The EB I went to wrote down all info (name, license info, phone, and pre-order number) on a piece of paper. But I dont think you have any way of knowing unless they tell you.

WOOOOO FIRST IN LINE for a ps3.
I didn't even get to the store until 630am and noone was there at all. When they opened at 9am there wre only 5 people in line anyway

No sub-zero camping for me :)

Does anybody know when stores are going to find out for sure how many systems they are getting?

I asked the guy at EB, but he said he had no idea, so he couldn't tell me if I was getting one on day 1 or not.

PhatSaqs said:
The EB I went to wrote down all info (name, license info, phone, and pre-order number) on a piece of paper. But I dont think you have any way of knowing unless they tell you.
Oh. I saw some people saying they were number some-thousand and I thought there was something on the receipt saying what reservation you are for the entire corporation.

As is, I'm #1 for the premium at the EB here.

Flo_Evans

MaverickX9 said:
Does anybody know when stores are going to find out for sure how many systems they are getting?

I asked the guy at EB, but he said he had no idea, so he couldn't tell me if I was getting one on day 1 or not.

I don't think they will actaully know untill they arrive... its all on sony now to meet thier launch goals.

MaverickX9 said:

Had to give the guy my E-Mail. Said it was to keep people up-to-date with the status of their pre-order. He said I'd receive an E-Mail letting me know if I was getting my system at launch. Didn't say how soon it would be though.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
m0dus said:
hey, to each his own. I'd be quick to say you're seriously missing out, then, because for myself and those with whom I regularly play, live has both ehanced and brought new life to the experience of gaming immeasurably.
It's a strange thing, actually...

I was into online gaming for a while, but for some reason, my interest just dropped off. I found that pressure to play actually become bothersome and eventually sucked the fun out of it. I felt as if too much commitment was required at times. I'm just not a huge fan of multiplayer unless we are talking about co-op play.

Flo_Evans

m0dus said:
With me, it's all about coop and squad based play (GRAW, chromehounds, and soon Gears) as well as racing (PGR3, TDU) that breaths new life into the experience long, long after single player is finished. :)

I can agree with that, but the way some people talk about live... its like MS invented the internets. I've been playing online since 56k was fast. I like what MS has done, but its not the alpha and omega :lol

back on topic: PS3 **** YEAH!!!

Flo_Evans said:
I can agree with that, but the way some people talk about live... its like MS invented the internets. I've been playing online since 56k was fast. I like what MS has done, but its not the alpha and omega :lol

back on topic: PS3 **** YEAH!!!

Looking back on 56k console gaming, it was pretty amazing what Sega was able to do with their online gaming platform. I still can't believe that I played lag-free games of NFL2k1 against somebody across the country.

Superbone

Here's my pre-order experience in the little town of Temecula, CA. Showed up at the local GameStop at about 20 minutes til 10 when I thought they were opening. But, to my surprise, they were already open and there was a line inside. I was surprised to find that they were requiring the purchase of two games with the pre-order but it wasn't a big deal as I was planning on getting NBA2K7 and Ridge Racer 7 anyway. I wanted an extra controller but they weren't available for pre-order.

I got the #13 pre-order for a premium system and they were only taking 16. A few more people shuffled in behind me and they were already telling more people that were coming in that their pre-orders were all allocated. Interestingly, every single person pre-ordered the premium system.

Apparantly some of the lo9cal Denver stores were telling people even that morning that they didn't know what was going to happen with the preorders. MAYBE they didn't want a scene, but thats BS. My store only had 5 of 14 people in front when it opened, and I know the others stores wern't slammed. Anyway, I got Mine!!!

nocampingwr0.jpg

Good luck to anyone that wants one. I want a massive neogaf resistence war on launch day!!!!!
I didn't bother to reserve any games from GS I doubt ill have trouble finding the ones I want at launch.

terrene

Banned
terrene said:
I've sent Pms to those of you lucky enough to have gotten an extra spot. I've had horrible luck. This morning, I was unlucky enough to live next to an over-nerded, camped-out EB that was only getting 6 units. Ever since I got to work I've been calling around and all the EB/GameStops in the state are sold the hell out. :( Huge bummer.
P.S. - If it sweetens the deal, us Microsoft employees are allowed to buy any MS software as gifts, so I could pick up something as a way of saying thanks. (Note: Software would have to be for you and not resale).

Sigh, oh well. Maybe there'll be happy news in December.

evolution said:
Shit I just woke up, looks like I'll have to wait until December.

You can camp out at Best Buy . . . they don't take pre-orders.

But you better be prepared to sleep out there because it is gonna be a zoo.

zabuni

Jesus, I just went into a Gamestop, just to preorder the special addition of FFXII, and from what the manager said, all of SoCal is gone. They had 40 people outside the store when it opened.

When I walked in, she was dealing with a rather disagreeable fellow who was accusing them of favoritism, and demanding that he get a console. He did this for over the half hour I was sitting there. The manager finally relented and gave him the unit she had reserved herself. Evidently he had told a DM that she was letting people in early based on people on a list, which she was denying. Given the whiney tone he had through the entire conversation, I believe the DM more.

Any note on when GameCrazy will start their preorders?

PhatSaqs

Banned
dark10x said:
It's a strange thing, actually...

I was into online gaming for a while, but for some reason, my interest just dropped off. I found that pressure to play actually become bothersome and eventually sucked the fun out of it. I felt as if too much commitment was required at times.
I'm kinda in the same boat. I'll play some games (fighters) for a while but most of the big games (Madden, GRAW, etc.) I just dont care to get into online anymore. Been there done that ya know.

Still, I cant imagine having a 360 and not hooking it up to Live. Friends lists and seeing what peeps are playing and shit is just too slick.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
PhatSaqs said:
I'm kinda in the same boat. I'll play some games (fighters) for a while but most of the big games (Madden, GRAW, etc.) I just dont care to get into online anymore. Been there done that ya know.

Still, I cant imagine having a 360 and not hooking it up to Live. Friends lists and seeing what peeps are playing and shit is just too slick.
I agree with that. I love Live, just not playing games online. :p

Flo_Evans

BobTheFork said:
well just to note, GS and EB were saying that LAST NIGHT :/ don't give up on gamecrazy just yet.

well I had a pre-order at gamecrazy, when I went in to get yakuza I asked about it and they said no good mcfly. (to be fair they warned me they might not do pre orders when I 1st put it down)

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
jjasper said:
I don't really care about $1500 in pure profit. I would rather have the system now then exploit people would were not lucky enough to find one.

In all honesty I would rather sell the thing here or to someone I know that really wanted it then make a lot of money. It just seems wrong.

I really want it :D

Ponn

Banned
I forget to mention. The manager at the EB I reserved at said they would be giving 20 percent extra on any trade ins toward the PS3. Including systems. I thought that might be interesting.

BobTheFork said:

Woohoo, another Chromeless SKU. :D

Hopefully not FTL... I'm a bit worried with so many pre-ordering the 60GB version. I wasn't even asked which version I wanted, and out of the 15 ahead of me I was the only one to request the 20 gb (don't need wifi and I've already got a 100gb laptop drive I can swap). Damn all you bastards for getting the bling SKU, we need more 20gb support!

binary

Ponn01 said:
I forget to mention. The manager at the EB I reserved at said they would be giving 20 percent extra on any trade ins toward the PS3. Including systems. I thought that might be interesting.

I'll have to ask about that at the store I preordered at today. Thanks!

Ponn

Banned
hukasmokincaterpillar said:

Hopefully not FTL... I'm a bit worried with so many pre-ordering the 60GB version. I wasn't even asked which version I wanted, and out of the 15 ahead of me I was the only one to request the 20 gb (don't need wifi and I've already got a 100gb laptop drive I can swap). Damn all you bastards for getting the bling SKU, we need more 20gb support!

One good reason I ordered the 60gb sku is because I don't want to be knocked out of the list because no or very few 20GB are available. I just don't see Sony shipping the 20GB version, regardless of the choice given this morning, in any viable numbers.

I wasn't asked what version I wanted and, blinded by the elation resulting from EB actually still having preorders available at 10:45, I forgot to tell the guy which one I wanted. Also in a moment of sheer insansity, I preordered Call of Duty 3 instead of Resistance :lol

I ended up with SKU 020072, so I guess I am getting the 60GB version :D

Ponn01 said:
One good reason I ordered the 60gb sku is because I don't want to be knocked out of the list because no or very few 20GB are available. I just don't see Sony shipping the 20GB version, regardless of the choice given this morning, in any viable numbers.
From what I've heard, they units they get aren't set like that, sony will send the units per their request, but of course they expect far more premiums. The overwhelming purchase of 60 gig units I think is because some GS's were spreading the rumor that the 20 gig version CAn't play old games like the 60, which is total BS.

Oh I was told you can't swap out the HD ever. Another BS I think.

Pellham

Banned
woot got my preorder. i stopped by my local ebgames around 7 am and was 8th in line. one guy was waiting since 1 am! lololol

MaverickX9 said:
Also in a moment of sheer insansity, I preordered Call of Duty 3 instead of Resistance :lol

You need to switch that up pronto. ;)

I'm wondering (hoping) since I was the only one to bother with the 20gb version that the skewed allocation might actually be in my favor. On the other hand if they come up short with 60gb they might try to sell whatever 20gbs they get to whoever is ahead of me. :(

Y2Kevbug11 said:
It's BS.

So...to summarize, woooooo ps3!
Glad to hear that again, I was worried earlier this week. I don't know how everyone orderd, there were only 5 people in line when I got my order finished. I'm very confident I'll get my system. They also gave me the' you are only garanteed a spot in line, but he also said they are sure of the nu8mbers this time, they DO NOT want another horrible mess like the 360 launch, and it would basically take a band of pirates ran-sacking a Ps3 ship to stop me from getting one : )
I plan to call the day before and make sure, then I'll jsut stroll at midnight and grab my gear.

Pimpwerx

I kept a ****ing class in during my lunch break. Looks like I'll be waiting for Spring, and probably GTHD before I get a PS3. :( ****. PEACE.

JB1981

dark10x said:
I agree with that. I love Live, just not playing games online. :p

I'm slowly becoming this way as well. When I first got LIVE, I couldn't get off. It was like a whole new way of gaming, that was just so fresh and new for me. But the appeal has faded. In the last 2 months, I've had a lot more fun playing long single player games, getting into the story, and just playing at my own speed. When Gears comes out, I'll be on LIVE a whole lot again. But right now, I'd rather be gripped by a good story.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
BobTheFork said:
Glad to hear that again, I was worried earlier this week. I don't know how everyone orderd, there were only 5 people in line when I got my order finished. I'm very confident I'll get my system. They also gave me the' you are only garanteed a spot in line, but he also said they are sure of the nu8mbers this time, they DO NOT want another horrible mess like the 360 launch, and it would basically take a band of pirates ran-sacking a Ps3 ship to stop me from getting one : )
I plan to call the day before and make sure, then I'll jsut stroll at midnight and grab my gear.

I actually think you getting mugged after leaving the store is probably more likely.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
****ing camping with a tint for pre-orders with only 15 hours notice? I said WOW!
ps3-sells-out-20061010003049189.jpg

I feel sorry for about 60% of that line. :(
ps3-sells-out-20061010003052830.jpg

Night crashers
ps3-sells-out-20061010010305837.jpg

632960755875173831.jpg

632960757832348805.jpg

PS3 pre-order, serious business!

Pimpwerx

Speaking of GTHD it's no where to be found on EB's list up to June. Possible pack-in?
It's JP only at launch. EU and US are listed at Spring by Polyphony...at least according to Kaz's interviews. So, I won't be able to take anyone's manhood until the Spring. ;) PEACE.

Top Bottom