• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could the Avengers (MCU) have stopped the invasion of Earth by Zod (MoS)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Lois, she had a Kryptonian weapon, these actually hurt them regardless of atmosphere and can knock them down. At the beginning of the film the ships defences that Clark investigates managed to cut Clark despite his strength, and they shoot him at one point which severely knocks him down too. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up becoming the universes Kryptonite to hurt Superman.

Wherever would the avengers find something like that?

AVENGERS2_DESTROYER_COULSON_ALIEN-TECH_.jpg

Oregano

Wherever would the avengers find something like that?

AVENGERS2_DESTROYER_COULSON_ALIEN-TECH_.jpg

Lois shot them when they were in the ship and effectively "human". Supes getting hit with a cannon off the ship momentarily stunned him in Smallville. Unless they find a way to sneak on zod's ship with that gun it's probably not much use.

When it comes to action sequences Snyder knows what the fuck he's doing.

Easily the best part of the movie. I think the Thor movies have failed spectacularly at portraying just how powerful and skilled of a fighter he is. I woulda had the same complaint about Cap if the Russos hadn't stepped it up.

Lois shot them when they were in the ship and effectively "human". Supes getting hit with a cannon off the ship momentarily stunned him in Smallville. Unless they find a way to sneak on zod's ship with that gun it's probably not much use.

They have tons of "those guns". SHIELD started stockpiling hydra tech after Avengers 1 (though it was established they already had plenty), which was using energy siphoned from the tesseract to make energy weapons. There's no need to "sneak onto zod's ship" with the gun, they're not shrugging those off, earth's atmosphere or not.

Penguin

They have tons of "those guns". SHIELD started stockpiling hydra tech after Avengers 1 (though it was established they already had plenty), which was using energy siphoned from the tesseract to make energy weapons. There's no need to "sneak onto zod's ship" with the gun, they're not shrugging those off, earth's atmosphere or not.

And established in Agents of SHIELD, most of those weapons are stockpiled in various SHIELD locations across the globe.

And SHIELD is also disbanded

So who are you going to draw off the frontline to get those weapons? While someone is dealing with the threat in the Ocean and fighting the army.

Sketchbag

Banned
Remember that Faora and the other guy were hitting Superman hard enough to make him bleed and they were wearing space suits.

Superman was able to lift and hold up an entire oil rig that was collapsing.

Hulk's figgest feat is punching a giant spaceworm that wasn't moving that fast.

Thor and Hulk are too slow in the MCU. The Kryptonians were much, much faster and better strategists.

They also can't stop Kryptonian accelerated healing.

If they manage to damage the suits... what happens? They get a day of rest before the Kryptonians become accostumed to the atmosphere and wreck even more shit.

No Avenger has the ability to stop the world engine as none compare to Superman's strength--and even then he was going his fastest and strongest and still barely did it. Hulk couldn't do that. We can say Thor throws his hammer but it's way too inconsistent and doesn't work at full projecticle power unless coming back to Thor AKA does anything to get back.

Thor isn't magic in MCU. He's clearly technology based so he wouldn't be that effective. Also, the Kryptonian space suits they were wearing were made to withstand gravity, severe weather, space, and heat, pressure, etc.. Lightning wouldn't be that effective against it. Heck, Clark had to punch the suits a trillion times to just crack it.

Kryptonians would kill the Avengers, terraform Earth, and start a new.

And established in Agents of SHIELD, most of those weapons are stockpiled in various SHIELD locations across the globe.

And SHIELD is also disbanded

So who are you going to draw off the frontline to get those weapons? While someone is dealing with the threat in the Ocean and fighting the army.

The frontline threat is going to be handled by Thor, Hulk, and MAYBE Iron man, depending on how weak the kryptonians are on landing.

You send everyone ELSE to pick up the weapons. Disbanded or not, I'm sure Fury has plenty of those weapons where he can get them.

Remember that Faora and the other guy were hitting Superman hard enough to make him bleed and they were wearing space suits.

Superman was able to lift and hold up an entire oil rig that was collapsing.

Hulk's figgest feat is punching a giant spaceworm that wasn't moving that fast.

Thor and Hulk are too slow in the MCU. The Kryptonians were much, much faster and better strategists.

They also can't stop Kryptonian accelerated healing.

If they manage to damage the suits... what happens? They get a day of rest before the Kryptonians become accostumed to the atmosphere and wreck even more shit.

No Avenger has the ability to stop the world engine as none compare to Superman's strength--and even then he was going his fastest and strongest and still barely did it. Hulk couldn't do that. We can say Thor throws his hammer but it's way too inconsistent and doesn't work at full projecticle power unless coming back to Thor AKA does anything to get back.

Thor isn't magic in MCU. He's clearly technology based so he wouldn't be that effective. Also, the Kryptonian space suits they were wearing were made to withstand gravity, severe weather, space, and heat, pressure, etc.. Lightning wouldn't be that effective against it. Heck, Clark had to punch the suits a trillion times to just crack it.

Kryptonians would kill the Avengers, terraform Earth, and start a new.

Thor managed to obliterate the destroyer with that hammer in Thor 1. You think Kryptonian space suits are somehow more powerful than the Asgardian super weapon? That hammer is going to smoke whatever kryptonian gets hit with it.

Well that's precisely what you have those less powerful Avengers for, along with Coulson and his team.

Although those Tesseract powered weapons may not necessarily be powerful enough to stop Kryptonians. As far as we know there is only the one Destroyer Gun that Coulson should still be in possession of.

Oregano

It only kocked Loki through a wall and he was barely phased. Why would it do anything more than that to a Krpytonian? Loki getting hit off a concrete floor by Hulk was enough to KO him.

The Hulk could easily done it.

Destroy half the city,
Don't try to save any innocent people or give a shit about them
Break Zod's neck
Profit

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Thor would come to defend midgard with his Asgardian Army(part of the movies, so its not cheating) and they can old their own against the Krypts

Hulk would eat a few

Tony, Bruce and SHIELD would tech their way around that "Yellow Sun radiation" weakness.

Plus the Avengers have the cosmic Cube...

I was just talking about the characters themselves versus each other. Think like a plain white abyss or wasteland. Danger room from X-Men even. With the more fully realized situation you described, yeah, Avengers would win.

It only kocked Loki through a wall and he was barely phased. Why would it do anything more than that to a Krpytonian? Loki getting hit off a concrete floor by Hulk was enough to KO him.

Loki was dazed after getting slammed around by hulk NUMEROUS times.. Zod got his neck snapped by Clark in a single motion. I wouldn't give the kryptonians very good odds of being more durable than loki is.

Sketchbag

Banned
Loki was dazed after getting slammed around by hulk NUMEROUS times.. I wouldn't give the kryptonians very good odds of being more durable than loki is.

Loki isn't a "God" god in MCU. He's part of an advanced alien race. Kryptonians are basically on par with them. Heck, their technological feats are basically similar (when compared); however, the Kryptonians may have an edge since they stopped BRAINIAC from destroying Krypton (which wasn't an easy feat) as referenced by the destroyed moon of Krypton.

Wait, so Iron Man can go one-to-one with Thor in the Avengers, but apparently Thor will curbstomp an army of supermen?

Nah.

If Thor was actually trying, Tony wouldn't have stood a chance.

Thor fucking headbutted him and dented his helmet.

Now that I think about it, Thor's dumb ass got stabbed in the Avengers with a chintzy little blade. Faora would fuck him up.

To be fair, that was one of Loki's Asgardian daggers. I'm assuming Earth weaponry wouldn't be able to penetrate Asgardian skin and there's no indication that Kryptonian weaponry could either. But that's basically a comic book thing that could be written either way.

Zabka

Now that I think about it, Thor's dumb ass got stabbed in the Avengers with a chintzy little blade. Faora would fuck him up.

Wait, so Iron Man can go one-to-one with Thor in the Avengers, but apparently Thor will curbstomp an army of supermen?

Nah.

Thor wasn't trying to kill Tony

Tony got a brief powerup when his suit charged from Thor's lightning

Tony was getting WTFOWNED when Thor got pissed off, until Cap's indestructible shield got in the way. several more seconds and Tony was a dead man.

Loki isn't a "God" god in MCU. He's part of an advanced alien race. Kryptonians are basically on par with them. Heck, their technological feats are basically similar (when compared); however, the Kryptonians may have an edge since they stopped BRAINIAC from destroying Krypton (which wasn't an easy feat) as referenced by the destroyed moon of Krypton.

You're aware that Loki is not an asgardian...right?

People forget that the Avengers have Stark and Banner's super science on their side.
Usually, Marvel characters are far smarter than the DC ones, they would create something to neutralize them while Thor and SHIELD under Cap's command stall the kryptonians.
When all seems lost, Iron Man and Hulk join the battle and the kryptonians fall.

Sketchbag

Banned
Thor managed to obliterate the destroyer with that hammer in Thor 1. You think Kryptonian space suits are somehow more powerful than the Asgardian super weapon? That hammer is going to smoke whatever kryptonian gets hit with it.

Quite possibly. Kryptonians are seen as more advanced than Asgardians technology wise (they created their own god dimension). Also, the Kryptonians are faster than his hammer even with their space suits.

Quite possibly. Kryptonians are seen as more advanced than Asgardians technology wise (they created their own god dimension). Also, the Kryptonians are faster than his hammer even with their space suits.

Than MCU Asgardians? you're high as a kite. MCU asgardians have interdimensional teleportation like it's no big thing, and don't NEED space ships.

Sketchbag

Banned

Tony was getting WTFOWNED when Thor got pissed off, until Cap's indestructible shield got in the way. several more seconds and Tony was a dead man.

You're aware that Loki is not an asgardian...right?

I know he isn't Asgardian but he's referred to the Trickster God which is why people keep putting him on a pedastal.

Sketchbag

Banned
Than MCU Asgardians? you're high as a kite. MCU asgardians have interdimensional teleportation like it's no big thing, and don't NEED space ships.

What dimensions did they go to? It seems they only travel far distances which the Kryptonians already showed. Thor explains to Jane that the universe is like a tree and yadda yadda we're here, you're here, blah blah.

The Kryptonians created their own prison dimension.

If Thor was actually trying, Tony wouldn't have stood a chance.

Thor fucking headbutted him and dented his helmet.

To be fair, that was one of Loki's Asgardian daggers. I'm assuming Earth weaponry wouldn't be able to penetrate Asgardian skin and there's no indication that Kryptonian weaponry could either. But that's basically a comic book thing that could be written either way.

When people are saying this:

...but we see Iron Man get hit with Thor's hammer and it doesn't even really damage his suit, then I gots a problem with that. Kryptonian suits are probably more powerful than the Iron Man suit, I'd wager.

What dimensions did they go to? It seems they only travel far distances which the Kryptonians already showed. Thor explains to Jane that the universe is like a tree and yadda yadda we're here, you're here, blah blah.

The Kryptonians created their own prison dimension.

Did you watch the Thor films? Asgard is it's own dimension. it's not in space. It's heimdall's job to create the bridge that allows them to traverse dimensions in and out of asgard.

There are several dimensions they travel to on a regular basis, earth is one of these. The alignment of these dimensions was the plot of Thor: The Dark World.

...but we see Iron Man get hit with Thor's hammer and it doesn't even really damage his suit, then I gots a problem with that.

Thor doesn't want to kill Iron Man, he just wants him out of the way. He DID want the destroyer dead, since it was on a rampage about to kill everything.

...but we see Iron Man get hit with Thor's hammer and it doesn't even really damage his suit, then I gots a problem with that. Kryptonian suits are probably more powerful than the Iron Man suit, I'd wager.

Again, he was trying to stop the Destroyer and attacked with the necessary force. Thor fighting off Iron Man is like swatting a fly, he barely needs to exert himself.

It would be a shitty movie if Thor just goes balls out and throws Mjolnir at Tony with all his force and creates a gaping whole where his arc reactor used to be.

I'd laugh though because fuck Tony.

As strong as Cap is, he'd be out of commission for the rest of the fight with one of these:

6jf.gif

nah, cap isn't that strong. he'd be fodder here. Thor and Hulk are a different story though. Both of those two are stronger than she is, and Thor has a better arsenal. Hammer Throw + Lightning strikes > kicks and punches.

Sketchbag

Banned
Did you watch the Thor films? Asgard is it's own dimension. it's not in space. It's heimdall's job to create the bridge that allows them to traverse dimensions in and out of asgard.

There are several dimensions they travel to on a regular basis, earth is one of these. The alignment of these dimensions was the plot of Thor: The Dark World.

They're not really dimensions as shown by the rest of the MCU. From what it's described their "realms" similar to territories. Thor 2 was all about the realms over lapping basically paper folding and the holes lining up thus making the magic kool-aid able to infect much faster.

Also, GotG basically says
it's one universe not dimensions with the whole Infinity Stones backstory and it shows the same fire planet from Thor 2 (which is a different dimension by your knowledge)

Also, the Asgardians seem to be dependent on worm holes which they lack the sufficient technology to mass produce but the Kryptonians were able to easily.

Kryptonians - 1
Asgardians - 0
Also, the Kryptonians totally defeated Brainiac before MoS began (as referrenced by the destroyed moon), and Brainiac is no chump.

J10

Banned

Do you know what 'holding back' means?

Thor doesn't want to kill Iron Man, he just wants him out of the way. He DID want the destroyer dead, since it was on a rampage about to kill everything.

Again, he was trying to stop the Destroyer and attacked with the necessary force. Thor fighting off Iron Man is like swatting a fly, he barely needs to exert himself.

It would be a shitty movie if Thor just goes balls out and throws Mjolnir at Tony with all his force and creates a gaping whole where his arc reactor used to be.

I'd laugh though because fuck Tony.

Do you know what 'holding back' means?

Was Thor also holding back when he was trying to bust out of that glass enclosure as it was falling to earth?

OP this is a great topic:

Considering how it was handle in the movie, I would say if they stuck with the same plan with the help of Jor-els key for the phantom zone and SHIELD resources, they would have won as they would have 3 heavy hitters (Hulk buster Iron man, Hulk, and Thor) who would do most of if not all of the work. Remember, Thor's hammer emits lights so that right there is a huge advantage and I would instantly pair him up against Zod any day. As for Faora and the Non-esque kryptonian solider, I would pass that off to the Hulk who would probably stomp them out before they could fully utilize their abilities like flight; which has been a huge thing for the Hulk. I would then have Hulk buster Iron man do clean up.

Now if it was a fight straight up with no help from Jor-El, that would be different and I think the Avengers would probably lose. As it would only be a matter of time before they figured things out.

Was Thor also holding back when he was trying to bust out of that glass enclosure as it was falling to earth?

He was trying not to die, so I doubt he was holding back. Fury already stated that it was created to hold the Hulk. So Thor would struggle to try and get out especially while falling at such a high velocity and without being able to focus because of being flung around everywhere.

You're trying to point out inconsistencies but you're assuming that Thor just uses the same amount of force for every fight.

He probably wasn't even exerting himself that much when fighting Loki. When someone like Ultron or Thanos comes up, you'll see Thor using the necessary amount of force.

They're not really dimensions as shown by the rest of the MCU. From what it's described their "realms" similar to territories. Thor 2 was all about the realms over lapping basically paper folding and the holes lining up thus making the magic kool-aid able to infect much faster.

Also, GotG basically says
it's one universe not dimensions with the whole Infinity Stones backstory and it shows the same fire planet from Thor 2 (which is a different dimension by your knowledge)

Also, the Asgardians seem to be dependent on worm holes which they lack the sufficient technology to mass produce but the Kryptonians were able to easily.

Kryptonians - 1
Asgardians - 2

Also, the Kryptonians totally defeated Brainiac before MoS began (as referrenced by the destroyed moon), and Brainiac is no chump.

Now you're talking nonsense. The nine realms are all separate and not a matter of distance. this is why the Aether was thought inaccessible, since it was stored in one of these and there was no gate to it.

Thor 2 says these are clearly separate realms, not territories. GOTG doesn't conflict with this, only saying that the infinity stones were the remnants of six singularities that existed before reality began.

The asgardians also don't use worm holes, heimdall can see all of existence and send them anywhere. The walls being "weaker" simply allowed for anyone to traverse between realms with no tech.

and as for brainiac, he doesn't even exist in the film universe as anything except a name, so i'm not sure why you're bringing it up. Which brainiac do you think that is? Golden age? silver age? modern age? MOS superman isn't similar to ANY of these interpretations of superman, and it's unlikely film brainiac is similar either.

Huh? Cap is fighting at human level speed and power. Faora was dashing around at light speed and knocking dudes around like bowling pins.

Look at that clip again. Cap is sending dudes flying 20 feet through the air in a single hit. That's not "human level." Faora is stronger (the superman throw clip is definitive) but she's not doing much more to the US army than rogers was, only faster.

nah, cap isn't that strong. he'd be fodder here. Thor and Hulk are a different story though. Both of those two are stronger than she is, and Thor has a better arsenal. Hammer Throw + Lightning strikes > kicks and punches.

I meant to say that if it Cap was thrown like Supes was in that gif, he'd be out of comission.

In none of the MCU films have they shown Thor acting anywhere close to the level of speed Faora shows in the Smallville fight and Hulk definitely hasn't shown any level of super speed. How can Hulk keep even one of them occupied when they not only hit pretty pretty damn hard but massively outclass him in speed. Any humans in the battle, including Iron Man are dead within seconds.

From wut I see in the Avengers Thor and Hulk AND IM can all fly through the sky as fast as they do in MoS (Hulk when Jumping).

And I don't think any of the peeps in MoS are faster than lightning. Like I said, it will have to be a smart fight but it's well with-in reason to think that Hulk and Thor can get the 3 of them in one area long enuff to be beamed to a red sun planet.

Loki was dazed after getting slammed around by hulk NUMEROUS times.. Zod got his neck snapped by Clark in a single motion. I wouldn't give the kryptonians very good odds of being more durable than loki is.

what? you think getting slammed on some concrete would bother those kryptonians who were getting knocked into buildings and tearing the city apart? The kryptonains who are constantly hitting with and shrugging off punches that cause giant craters in the ground and can knock you halfway across a city?

come on son

This seems really unlikely, isn't his shield curved?

rogers can aim beams reflected off the shield. he did it with Tony in the Avengers.

what? you think getting slammed on some concrete would bother those kryptonians who were getting knocked into buildings and tearing the city apart? The kryptonains who are constantly hitting with and shrugging off punches that cause giant craters in the ground and can knock you halfway across a city?

come on son

By the hulk? yeah, they're dead. again, Zod's neck was snapped and he was killed, so enough blunt force trauma will kill them.

LOL. that enclusure was designed to hold the hulk in it. What makes you think it's glass?

Oregano

If Supes had done what Hulk did to Loki then Stark Tower would have been rubble. In the final Man of Steel battle Zod knocks Supes through several skyscrapers with one hit and he is no worse for wear.
http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=8KAzRHDdI5o

This is first time Supes attacks Zod, who has been out of his ship for about a minute. Zod isn't even injured, just disoriented by his own powers.

Sketchbag

Banned
Now you're talking nonsense. The nine realms are all separate and not a matter of distance. this is why the Aether was thought inaccessible, since it was stored in one of these and there was no gate to it.
The Aether was hidden. That's all. It became accessible when the physics started to go CARAAAAAAAAAYZIE

Thor 2 says these are clearly separate realms, not territories. GOTG doesn't conflict with this, only saying that the infinity stones were the remnants of six singularities that existed before reality began.
People in Britain called China a different realm in old days. Don't use their Ol Yee english as a fact. It's territories. They don't mention anything about a multi-verse.

The asgardians also don't use worm holes, heimdall can see all of existence and send them anywhere. The walls being "weaker" simply allowed for anyone to traverse between realms with no tech.
They call it a Einstein Rosenbridge AKA wormhole in the first one. The Dark Elves didn't use a portal to get there, they flew there.

and as for brainiac, he doesn't even exist in the film universe as anything except a name, so i'm not sure why you're bringing it up. Which brainiac do you think that is? Golden age? silver age? modern age? MOS superman isn't similar to ANY of these interpretations of superman, and it's unlikely film brainiac is similar either.

Referenced destroyed moon and Brainiac wouldn't be a push-over so they bested him that round.

Kryptonians win. Avengers MCU is too neutered. Comic Avengers easily. MCU Avengers? Killed faster than me drinking a glass of water.

Look at that clip again. Cap is sending dudes flying 20 feet through the air in a single hit. That's not "human level." Faora is stronger (the superman throw clip is definitive) but she's not doing much more to the US army than rogers was, only faster.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom