• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could we be seeing a Gears of War 4 MP reveal this weekend?

people dropping a broken game like the dumpster fire it is "doesn't prove anything"?

it proves no one wants to play a garbage game

Well Gears of War Ultimate Edition is the 10th game on the "top rated" section on the store although it has a higher star rating than Minecraft which is one before it (4.5 vs 4) so it can't be considered that garbage

people dropping a broken game like the dumpster fire it is "doesn't prove anything"?

it proves no one wants to play a garbage game
Some people can't handle playing difficult games. Nothing wrong with that. I never have problems getting matches on UE so your way off with the game being dead.

Your just echoing the same shit bad players always do. "Games Garbage". Nah fam, your just tired of looking at your thereon guard on his knees bleeding out. Take your L and trade the disc in.

Strootman

most played charts are on the dashboard now

UE died after 2 weeks because it catererd to people who like broken hit detection and random bullet spreads from 2006 ignoring the progress of gears 3.

glad it's dead
While it's true that sometimes the gnasher doesn't work fine, gow 1 remains the best gears multiplayer and one of best multiplayer ever made.

Ehhh, UE's shotgun was pretty bad at launch. It's better now but can still be inconsistent. Center screen aiming doesn't help either.
I don't see many inconsistencies though. Sure now and then you get a bad server when American connect to EU servers or vice versa but in my own experience it's few and far between.

UE is head and shoulders above OG Gears 1 when it comes to inconsistencies and bullshit. It's the best shape Gears has ever been in.

Not to say I didn't love Gears 3, but Gears 1 made me love the series. And playing UE these days reminds me why.

Some people can't handle playing difficult games. Nothing wrong with that. I never have problems getting matches on UE so your way off with the game being dead.

Your just echoing the same shit bad players always do. "Games Garbage". Nah fam, your just tired of looking at your thereon guard on his knees bleeding out. Take your L and trade the disc in.
you don't have a problem finding a game when it takes 10 mins to get ranked game started and the devs have to reshuffle playlists on a constant basis to eliminate playlists due to a lack of population and throw double xp on a constant basis to beg people to come back to their horse manure of a game?

people have already shown what they want with numbers, just because you prefer shit doesn't mean the devs will continue to cater to a minority that prefers broken design choices like center screen aiming/switch to barrel when up close.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It's even crazier when they are on the other side (by that I mean like ready to be mantle kicked in gears 3)

Cover is irrelevant to people who can do that correctly
Yea, it's not even about the cover, they're just mini-teleporting all over the place.

I really don't understand the people that complain about the center screen aiming and the inconsistent shotty. I mean I understand it's annoying but I prefer that over something like the Halo CEA multiplayer. Don't sugarcoat it, that's how Gears 1 was, it was a very very very rough around the edges game full of stuff like Kung Fu Flipping, Crabwalking, inconsistent explosives, ridiculously powerful sniper, and all kinds of other stuff. I mean it would be nice if they had changed it to the Gears 3 aiming but I can't fault them for being true to the original.

you don't have a problem finding a game when it takes 10 mins to get ranked game started and the devs have to reshuffle playlists on a constant basis to eliminate playlists due to a lack of population and throw double xp on a constant basis to beg people to come back to their horse manure of a game?

people have already shown what they want with numbers, just because you prefer shit doesn't mean the devs will continue to cater to a minority that prefers broken design choices like center screen aiming/switch to barrel when up close.
Once again your proving your posting quality. Every thread you post in is hyperbole childish bullshit.

I've already acknowledged Gears 1 isn't for everyone. Again, nothing wrong with that. It was the same thing with Halo 1. People loved the Magnum and others preferred the often argued "watered down" BR of Halo 2+3. Everyone has preferences. There's nothing wrong with that.

I'll probably still be playing this garbage horse manure game for years to come. I'm clearly the minority, fuck it I love the game. UE won't cease to exist once Gears 4 comes out. Options are good.

Epic struggled with game balance throughout the franchise. Hopefully The Coalition can get to grips with it early.
Ugh keep forgetting the new Dev name, should have stuck with Black Tusk.
Look at all the complaints about UE. Have you tried introducing anyone to UE?

Newer players cannot handle the skill gap. Not a fucking chance Gears 4 will be anything like 1.
I don't want it 1 - I want it like 3. If they try to casualize it further you're just gonna end up with Halo 4 - a mishmash of bad design that the casuals don't stick with and the hardcore quickly abandons.
beginners won't stick to the game no matter how casual they make it, why bother catering to them when they will play 10 games and then we are left with a piece of shit game.
yup. They don't need to make it like 1 but multiplayer more akin to 3 would be a godsend. As long as they retain the movement/polish from 3, have more than 4 maps and keep the Gnasher I'll probably be there day 1.

Yeah I really like it too. I know there was a lot of complaints about what they showed but I'm hyped. Dark, dreary and horror-esque. What Gears should have been before it became a parody of itself.
Cole was already a parody of himself in 1, personally my favorite campaign was 2. Longer, better set pieces, better variety, better pacing than 3...

The gameplay doesn't lend itself well to the atmosphere 1 tried to create and lo and behold chapter 2 was the worst chapter in gears 1.

Cole was already a parody of himself in 1, personally my favorite campaign was 2. Longer, better set pieces, better variety, better pacing than 3...

Gears of War 2, in terms of campaign quality, is criminally underrated. The new enemies, mind-blowing scenarios and epic scale really delivered.

It's more linear than the others, but damn it was so good.

Gears of War 2, in terms of campaign quality, is criminally underrated. The new enemies, mind-blowing scenarios and an epic scale that its sequel failed to match up to.

It's more liner than the others, but damn it was so good.

The adam fenix teaser in the credits was the ultimate hype sequence.

I'll probably still be playing this garbage horse manure game for years to come. I'm clearly the minority, fuck it I love the game. UE won't cease to exist once Gears 4 comes out. Options are good.
if you realize that then stop trying to justify broken mechanics and trying to force your Koolaid down on the majority who don't like it.

and keep your "L", "fam" and "trade in the disc," "sweet skills" to your self when calling out others posting style. the gears UE population showed what people prefer, but you enjoy your game

pizzacat

Banned
Hated the worm section and the section with the abandoned facility filled with sires.

Gears 3 campaign was pretty forgettable, I just remember some dumb shit with a truck and the boss because it was frustrating on insane

if you realize that then stop trying to justify broken mechanics and trying to force your Koolaid down on the majority who don't like it.

and keep your "L", "fam" and "trade in the disc," "sweet skills" to your self when calling out others posting style. the gears UE population showed what people prefer
Wait what lol

Just with the introduction of cancelling any bounce makes gears 2 superior, even with its fucked launch and it's fucked overall even with its updates.

To play UE and say it's a breath of fresh air makes sense because no one is making this type of tps anymore

Melee animations being faster then the stun animation?
The I-frames off of being downed
The I-frames off a downed pickup
Downing someone with a torque tag and the explosion doesn't kill them
No weapon advantage during picking up
The randomness of frags and frag stun
How weak some power weapons are
And bullets coming from where your camera is at lol

Gears 1 and ue are so outdated compared to any of the other gears it's crazy, there's more to that especially on movement

We are just gonna have to disagree. I would rather play Gears 1 than 2. 3 and 1 are both great. Networking is obviously a huge problem in Gears 1.

Top Bottom