• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could we be seeing a Gears of War 4 MP reveal this weekend?

pizzacat

Banned
The sires section was the best, loved that, best part of the story/universe development there too (within the games anyway, not read the books)
But they dropped everything about the sires in 3, they don't even mention it afterwards. It's like delta squad all had the same hallucination.

The only important thing in gears 2 was probably the showing of imulsion having some affect on locust

But they dropped everything about the sites in 3, they don't even mention it afterwards. It's like delta squad all had the same hallucination.

The only important thing in gears 2 was probably the showing of imulsion having some affect on locust
gears3 campaign did feel like a retcon on a lot of things teased on 1 and 2

But they dropped everything about the sires in 3, they don't even mention it afterwards. It's like delta squad all had the same hallucination.

I think the premise was great and brought back some of the darker horror-esque atmosphere from 1, but yeah then Karen "Halsey is Hitler" Traviss decided to retcon it and make it into some dumb origin story. The Gears 3 story as a whole is just really really not great.

Hated the worm section and the section with the abandoned facility filled with sires.

Mate... we've got to have words.

Uncharted 2 and 3 get a lot of credit for making their set pieces interactive, but the entire worm sequence is an absolute masterclass of it. Avoiding it's moving body parts and chainsawing through its insides is pure gold.

There's some really unique sequences too, such as the poison maze, which are just completely forgotten by most.

The abandoned facility was hit and miss but making your way through the area without setting off the traps was great.

Act 2 in the original is another perfect example. Blowing up canisters to light the way forward, guiding another player down a street with a search light or, better yet, taking out lights to get the enemy killed.

Gears of War 3 didn't have those sections sadly.

THEY'RE SINKING CITIES WITH A GIANT WORM!!!!!!

+1 :)

pizzacat

Banned
I think the premise was great and brought back some of the darker horror-esque atmosphere from 1, but yeah then Karen "Halsey is Hitler" Traviss decided to retcon it and make it into some dumb origin story.
Tbh, the sires would have worked instead of the imulsion "zombies" in the town section in 3, and Anya could have talked about some files she's seen at the communication center I guess

Tbh, the sires would have worked instead of the imulsion "zombies" in the town section, and Anya could have talked about some files she's seen at the communication center I guess
Yeah, that would have been awesome. The formers as a whole just reminded me of those awful parts of Resistance 2 where you're just shooting wave after wave of Greys which take like no damage and do nothing but swarm you, the Sires were much more interesting, if not behaviorally at least visually.

pizzacat

Banned
What's even going on

I was in the bathroom they tell us anything on weapon skin

The moment they stop with this "smack talk" or even a "confrontation" during map pick is when they can start picking up steam for quality

iMax

What's even going on

The moment they stop with this "smack talk" or even a "confrontation" during map pick is when they can start picking up steam for quality

what weapon skin?

What's even going on

lol you're actually watching the stream? guess there's not much else to do in FL tho ayy

Defect

THEY'RE SINKING CITIES WITH A GIANT WORM!!!!!!
2nHnCqf.png

nib95

Banned
Hope so! Excited to see it, though I'd rather they take the time to polish it up and reveal it well, than simply reveal it early. The single player E3 showing really wasn't that impressive, likely because it was a rushed build/demo. The next showing for the game needs to stand out.

Top Bottom