• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CP2077 - Night CIty Wire Episode 5 (19/11/20 - 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm UK)

cormack12

Gold Member
CD Projekt RED will host the fourth episode of its “Night City Wire” live stream series for Cyberpunk 2077 on November 19 at 10:00 a.m. PT / 1:00 p.m. ET, the developer announced. You will be able to watch it on Twitch.

The fifth episode will share more information about Johnny Silverhand, a variety of Night City’s tunes, and “a lot more.”

Who cares anymore

Millions around the world, I'd guess.
Why would anyone post in a thread about a game they don't even care about anymore?

Who isn't tired of this shit already ?
I cant hear about this game anymore, just release it already.

Tired?

CD Projekt RED sends their secret agents and the evil minions make you binge watch Night City Wire episodes? I'm sure asking for the game to be releaseased sooner will make them release the game sooner.

fuck off CDPR

Why?
Because they capitalize and punctuate?

I love CDPR but I wish they would just put all the focus on getting the game out the door rather than this honestly.

You do understand the PR team doesn't code, doesn't model, doesn't squash bugs, right? Their sole focus is promoting the game. That's why they were hired in the first place and that's what they're paid to do.

What would you rather have them do? Play strip poker over Zoom?

Last edited:

kikkis

I think these nightwires have been pretty poor marketing, more substantial gameplay overview like in rdr2 marketing would have been better imo

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Why would anyone post in a thread about a game they don't even care about anymore?

Tired?

CD Projekt RED sends their secret agents and the evil minions make you binge watch Night City Wire episodes? I'm sure asking for the game to be releaseased sooner will make them release the game sooner.

Why?

You do understand the PR team doesn't code, doesn't model, doesn't squash bugs, right? Their sole focus is promoting the game. That's why they were hired in the first place and that's why they're paid for.

wow you sure are out to defend CDPR aren't you lol. how pathetic.

fuck them because they keep lying and bullshiting. they are incompetent. they shouldn't have give a release date until they could stick to it. but nah they had to go parade fucking keanu reeves about and still goofed it up.

BootsLoader

Banned
I was already uninterested in those videos, just watched the trailers later but common, another one? Why should anyone care for another wire city episode? Just work quietly on the game and release it once it’s ready without further marketing shits.

No, your unexamined gangsta style comments are the definition of puerile, pathetic and in fact pedantic comments.

fuck them because they keep lying and bullshiting.

Please provide evidence of their intent to deceive.

they are incompetent.

I would reserve comment to when I've played the game.

they shouldn't have give a release date until they could stick to it.

Perhaps they were confident at the time but then life happened?
II know. It's the first time it's ever happened in the history of the world and software development.

This is not to say they haven't made any mistakes. They definitely have made mistakes in the case of TW3 and now with CP2077 marketing. But, ultimately, it depends on the finished product.

but nah they had to go parade fucking keanu reeves about and still goofed it up.

There's no good reason to think the PR move of having Keanu impacted development in any way or that it was designed to overcompensate for shortcomings in other departments.

If there is evidence, please present it.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
I completely understand all the attitude towards CPR and the negativity. In fact, I agree. They really lowered their fanbase with this last delay - which was completely unacceptable. I wouldn't be surprised if the game doesn't review well.

Madflavor

Are people gonna be shocked when Cyberpunk 2077 ends up being really fucking good, or are they just looking to vent out and call the game shit, because they're mad at CDPR?

GarryM

Neo Member
Are people gonna be shocked when Cyberpunk 2077 ends up being really fucking good, or are they just looking to vent out and call the game shit, because they're mad at CDPR?
I bet 1,000,000$ that Cyberpunk 2077 will be the most pirated game in the video game industry ever, even if people gave it 0 score reviews.

VFXVeteran

Banned

I would be shocked if it reviews in the 90s despite all the backlash from the delay in release.

SnapShot

Sweet, I love these NCW episodes, they were the reason that got me hyped up for this game in the first place. Anyone who's surprised they're doing a fifth one likely haven't even watched the previous one where they clearly said they're going to do a 5th one near the end of the episode.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I’ll be too busy playing Demons Souls, still have the game preordered but hype levels have dwindled with their fucking about with release dates constantly. I hope to be loving it when I pop it in to my PS5 in December but not as if I am counting down the days any more.

Bartski

Gold Member

fuck them because they keep lying and bullshiting. they are incompetent. they shouldn't have give a release date until they could stick to it. but nah they had to go parade fucking keanu reeves about and still goofed it up.

nc0mKnf.png

Madflavor

I would be shocked if it reviews in the 90s despite all the backlash from the delay in release.

I think it's certainly a safe bet that there will be bugs galore, like there usually is for massive open world games like this, but if it scores in the high 80s or low 90s, that really shouldn't come as a shock. Almost all first impressions from people who previewed the game a few months back were really impressed with the game.

VFXVeteran

Banned
I think it's certainly a safe bet that there will be bugs galore, like there usually is for massive open world games like this, but if it scores in the high 80s or low 90s, that really shouldn't come as a shock. Almost all first impressions from people who previewed the game a few months back were really impressed with the game.

I know. I just don't have good vibes after all the delays. When games of this caliber miss release date after release date, it usually reviews badly.

Alienware

Getting some real Resetera vibes from this thread.
Definitely not a compliment.

I know. I just don't have good vibes after all the delays. When games of this caliber miss release date after release date, it usually reviews badly.

Luckily reviewers aren't emotional-driven childish and petulant users who want everything right away and won't be biased by the release delay.
If it's bad it's bad, if it's good it's good.

Kuranghi

Got this in my feed this morning along with the NCW schedule. Not to be a downer but the more I hear of the music for this game the more I wish it was just a great composer doing all the music (instead of known artists), one who doesn't really have a face for most people so we can just focus on the music. Instead of artists like this where its trying to make them seem like they are part of the game world but I clearly know who they are so this kind of live-action immersion-breaking mixing of realities stuff is pretty cringey for me, it reminds me of the 90s and not the good parts:

edit - The name of the song as well "No save point" *longest groan possible*

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned

The only people that release buggier, less optimized games is Bethesda.

The fact that the CEO doesn’t feel great about the new launch date doesn’t inspire any confidence at all.

Madflavor

Yeah there's nothing wrong with being cautious. All I can go by is what we've seen and heard. Everything I've seen about the game makes it look like a lot of fun, and people who've demoed the game were all positive. So for me if it ends up being a dud, that would be surprise. I remember with Mass Effect Andromeda there were delays and the game itself didn't look all that good. Even the early impressions from critics weren't good So it was no wonder when the game came out that it stunk. With CP77 there have been a lot of delays, but unlike Andromeda, the word of mouth is well in the positive side. So I feel a lot better about this one.

Also if CP77 sucks, it's probably gonna be one for the history books. I can't remember in recent memory a game this hugely anticipated to fall flat on it's face.

Kuranghi

The only people that release buggier, less optimized games is Bethesda.

The fact that the CEO doesn’t feel great about the new launch date doesn’t inspire any confidence at all.

I say if all the devs seem like they have guns to their backs in the next video then thats a bad sign.

I feel bad for them because they must be so stressed about getting this ready and finished and out but they sometimes seem like they really don't want to be doing the PR, which makes total sense.

snir6590

Tired?

Why?

You do understand the PR team doesn't code, doesn't model, doesn't squash bugs, right? Their sole focus is promoting the game. That's why they were hired in the first place and that's what they're paid to do.

I didn't asked for anything.
And to be honest ? I dont give a shit about this game. that is all.

TJC

I ain't playing this game until there is a next gen version anyways. But agree with others so bored of hearing about it now.

Roufianos

So glad I haven't been following this shit religiously. I've seen the E3 trailers and that's it. I'll pick it up whenever it's out.

CD Projekt RED will host the fourth episode of its “Night City Wire” live stream series for Cyberpunk 2077 on November 19 at 10:00 a.m. PT / 1:00 p.m. ET, the developer announced. You will be able to watch it on Twitch.

The fifth episode will share more information about Johnny Silverhand, a variety of Night City’s tunes, and “a lot more.”

It's time to boycott this PR crap. We need to show them that this is NOT okay. I'm betting the farm that CDPR is buttering us all up with yet another media showcase for another impending delay.

It's time to boycott this PR crap. We need to show them that this is NOT okay. I'm betting the farm that CDPR is buttering us all up with yet another media showcase for another impending delay.
Would not surprise me. I kind of hope they are, even though I'm looking forward to the game, just to watch the fallout of yet another delay this year.

Top Bottom