• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CP2077 - Night CIty Wire Episode 5 (19/11/20 - 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm UK)

Barakov

They're going to delay it again aren't they? FUCK.
8hWWX20.jpg

Alienware

Wow, so many people on this thread already played the game and know it's shit.
Thanks for saving me a buck fellow NeoGaf members!

From what planet are you, buddy?

Can you quote me a review of a game that was biased because of delays?
Even Duke Nukem Forever, the most vaporware game of all time, was reviewed (mostly, anyway) on merits (which it had very little of) and not on bias.

The Last of Us 2 earlier this year got delayed very close to launch (and it was already delayed before and even targeted an end of 2019 launch internally) and I don't seem to recall critics not liking it.

mr.dilya

Banned
No, your unexamined gangsta style comments are the definition of puerile, pathetic and in fact pedantic comments.

Please provide evidence of their intent to deceive.

I would reserve comment to when I've played the game.

Perhaps they were confident at the time but then life happened?
II know. It's the first time it's ever happened in the history of the world and software development.

This is not to say they haven't made any mistakes. They definitely have made mistakes in the case of TW3 and now with CP2077 marketing. But, ultimately, it depends on the finished product.

There's no good reason to think the PR move of having Keanu impacted development in any way or that it was designed to overcompensate for shortcomings in other departments.

If there is evidence, please present it.

Stop dangling off their nuts man. It’s not a good look.

Mhmmm 2077

Haters gonna hate, but daddy CDPR is doing whatever they can so it's released with the least amount of bugs.

Everyone hates delays, but I simply cannot wait to play this masterpiece on my new PC in 4k60.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Some snippet from the OST in his chanel, and a little bit of unseen car gameplay below:

Wow, so many people on this thread already played the game and know it's shit.
Thanks for saving me a buck fellow NeoGaf members!

Can you quote me a review of a game that was biased because of delays?
Even Duke Nukem Forever, the most vaporware game of all time, was reviewed (mostly, anyway) on merits (which it had very little of) and not on bias.

The Last of Us 2 earlier this year got delayed very close to launch (and it was already delayed before and even targeted an end of 2019 launch internally) and I don't seem to recall critics not liking it.

Like petulant children hahaha. It's amazing. And as they sulk and get angry and say they don't care about the game anymore, they know damn well the day it releases they will be there day 1. It's hard to fathom grown adults getting so pissy over a game being delayed, but here we are.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
Like petulant children hahaha. It's amazing. And as they sulk and get angry and say they don't care about the game anymore, they know damn well the day it releases they will be there day 1. It's hard to fathom grown adults getting so pissy over a game being delayed, but here we are.

It's the number of times it's getting delayed. How many games that have went gold master get delayed? That's extremely uncommon.

People are pissed at Star Citizen. It's not different.

Kokoloko85

Probably will be delayed lol.
TBH take your time, I have plenty to play.
I just feel bad for people who booked time off work to play and enjoy the game

Lukin1978

How about just releasing the game stop fucking around with crap like this.
Sincerely all of us waiting years for this game.

Warablo

These Nightwires are usually really good, but it is concerning all the delays and how the game will hold up. I just wish they actually have next-gen versions ready.

Saber

Gold Member
My hype simply took a big drop after the last delay. Won't be bothering to hear any news about this game for a good time.

Kadayi

Banned
Lol GAF turned completely on Cyberpunk. You guys gonna be OK? 😄

I'm not sure anyone turning on it, but having a promo on the very night you originally intended to release the game is a bit on the nose. We don't need another expose on what's coming, just concentrate on getting the game shipped.

Last edited:
Lol GAF turned completely on Cyberpunk. You guys gonna be OK? 😄

There was a lot riding with this game. It was a platform war title, a culture war title and a holiday saver all in one.

This was the title that was supposed to contend for Game of the Year and beat the woke TLOU II. It was also the title that would make the face-offs striking between platforms and deliver wins for certain platforms. It was also the title that would make buying those new graphic cards.... 3080/90/2080ti's all finally worth it and put those rigs on a treadmill............. and it was also the title that would deliver that fresh AAA single-player quality experience for platforms that have been startving for this type of quality content all year long during COVID. This game would somehow even out the "Sony kids" having "all the fun" all year long. Then all of the sudden all those plans come crashing down... posponed to late this year...or perhaps even next year which will be packed by heavy next-gen hitters.

I've not turned on the game. I've kept my expectations in check and looking forward to when it releases.... but some folks definitely put a lot of stock on it. Definitely a downer considering all those things. The delay itself is not a downer if the whole purpose is to ship a better, more polished game.

Last edited:
What planet are people on where they’re like “nah fuck cyberpunk”? Is this a video game forum thing? Legit all of my friends in actual life, who aren’t even that into video games, are very stoked on this game I’ve actually never seen any one game hype like this.

Miles708

They've fumbling the launch pretty hard. With the hype surrounding the game, this should be an automatic home-run, really.
They've been silent for years, maybe it's time to just shut up again and avoid additional damage.

ReBurn

Gold Member
There was a lot riding with this game. It was a platform war title, a culture war title and a holiday saver all in one.

This was the title that was supposed to contend for Game of the Year and beat the woke TLOU II. It was also the title that would make the face-offs striking between platforms and deliver wins for certain platforms. It was also the title that would make buying those new graphic cards.... 3080/90/2080ti's all finally worth it and put those rigs on a treadmill............. and it was also the title that would deliver that fresh AAA single-player quality experience for platforms that have been startving for this type of quality content all year long during COVID. This game would somehow even out the "Sony kids" having "all the fun" all year long. Then all of the sudden all those plans come crashing down... posponed to late this year...or perhaps even next year which will be packed by heavy next-gen hitters.

I've not turned on the game. I've kept my expectations in check and looking forward to when it releases.... but some folks definitely put a lot of stock on it. Definitely a downer considering all those things. The delay itself is not a downer if the whole purpose is to ship a better, more polished game.
When Did this become all of those things? If that's what this is then it's inevitably going to disappoint someone no matter what they do.

FunkMiller

Why did they think it was a good idea to create hours of this stuff? All you’re doing is removing any elements of surprise about so much of the game. All the discovery is gone, because they’ve outlined so much is these marketing videos.

And to put one out on the old day of launch... oof.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Why did they think it was a good idea to create hours of this stuff? All you’re doing is removing any elements of surprise about so much of the game. All the discovery is gone, because they’ve outlined so much is these marketing videos.

They still have to pay their marketing team during the delay so they might was well do something...

harmny

Banned
before i wanted the game to succeed because i trust cdpr and loved all of their games. now i want it to succed to see all of these crybabies scream when it scores 90+ metacritic

they said that no matter how much they show on night city wire episodes. it's still nothing compared to the full game.

Hugare

Same people complaining about the delays and saying "fuck off cdpr" will be buying the game on launch day regardless

Just watch

The delays sucked, I got mad about it, but they could delay the game 2 more times and I would still buy this shit

Cause lets be honest, theres nothing quite like it out there. So they will have my money when it launches.

MiguelItUp

Wtf is up with some of you? If you want to act like CDPR shit in your pillow case, by all means go ahead. But if people want to be excited, let them be excited, Jesus Christ.

The delays suck, sure. But I don't understand why people are holding so much of a grudge towards them. I'm embarrassed for those folks, lmao.

I'm interested in this Night City Wire, also REALLY hope there's not ANOTHER delay, lol.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Not interested till I see some steller reviews and a dedicated PS5 release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I don’t mind the previous delay anymore. Got way too many cool games to play right now. Don’t even know if I will have time at all to play Cyberpunk 2077 by the time it actually releases.

sertopico

I am sure this game will be great but jeez, there's too much advertisement revolving around it. They managed to keep a low profile all these years, they should have kept doing it.

Dries

Once the game drops this December and the reviews are all 95+, we’ll all forget this game was ever delayed.

looking back at The Witcher 3, what are we remembering more? The qualityof the game or that it got delayed twice?

Last edited:
Top Bottom