• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creepy unsolved/paranormal/strange events thread

Exis

I went to high school in Clifton and went to the Bunnyman bridge on Halloween as a teenager.

Never saw anything though.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
fuck the grinning man.

When we were in Africa. They used to tell us a story about a man who was a cannibal and ate children. Specifically children,because they were weaker then eating a grown person.

He used to hit his head with a heavy object near-by to get "into the mood" and in the middle of the night, he used to snatch kids from their families by disturbing the cattle and in that sort of chaos, he took the kids.

He used to lit a fire and tie the kids up, up side down from a near by tree. He would break their teeth one by one and swallow them in front of their very eyes. He took pleasure in their screams and it would make him dance in a horrific way ( with yelling and stomping involved).
Then he used to pull out their hair, and then throw them alive unto the fire and put the fire out. So they'd have burns but still be alive. Then he would proceed to pull their hearts out. and eat the eyes first. I don't know what he used to do after that. But that was enough to make me scared to go to bed.

We didn't hear any of that snow white shit.

This is a story they told us back in Africa. Happened too. Not paranormal, but just batshit fucking insane.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
This one's interesting. Berlin, 1939, a flower cart took off by itself and rolled approximately half a kilometer over level ground. Three hundred eyewitnesses.

Is this a Ghostbusters reference?

UFRA

Son of a bitch.

Now I have to go back to the 'Pics that make you laugh for no apparent reason' thread just to get this shit off my mind before I go to bed...

GalacticAE said:

Forestry workers rotate in and out of shifts at a station building in Aokigahara, and occasionally they will come upon unfortunate bodies in various states of decomposition, usually hanging from trees or partially eaten by animals. The bodies are brought down to the station, where a spare room is kept especially for such occasions. In this room are two beds: one for the corpse and one for someone to sleep next to it. Yup, you read that correctly. It is thought that if the corpse is left alone, the lonely and unsettled yurei will scream the whole night through, and the body will move itself into the regular sleeping quarters. In inimitable style, the workers jan-ken to see who gets to sleep with the body.

Really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event
The Tunguska Event, or Tunguska explosion, was a powerful explosion that occurred near the Podkamennaya (Lower Stony) Tunguska River in what is now Krasnoyarsk Krai of Russia, at around 7:14 a.m.[1][2] on June 30, 1908 (June 17 in the Julian calendar, in use locally at the time).[2]

Although the cause of the explosion is the subject of debate, it is commonly believed to have been caused by the air burst of a large meteoroid or comet fragment at an altitude of 5–10 kilometres (3–6 miles) above the Earth's surface. Different studies have yielded varying estimates of the object's size, with general agreement that it was a few tens of metres across.[3

parrotbeak said:

Hey, it's Japan...

GDGF

Soothsayer
shagg_187 said:
My Cousin. She's still missing. Alot of weird shit happened before her disappearance. No need to go into detail as most of you won't believe me.

You can't just throw out an opener like that without giving details.

(unless, of course, it's too upsetting to talk about)

shagg_187 said:
My Cousin. She's still missing. Alot of weird shit happened before her disappearance. No need to go into detail as most of you won't believe me.

I'd believe you. No reason not to. But if it's too sensitive to share I understand.

Yeah it's a bit disturbing since my mom witnessed one of the encounters herself. She was/is haunted/cursed/whatever-you-wanna-call-it. She had been abducted by Jinns/Demons numerous times for a year or so before she disappeared (she has been missing for atleast 3 years now).

The priest who worked on her successful/unsuccessful exorcism has quit practicing it and now has 4 guards guarding his house 24/7.

My mom has seen her throw men (who were trying to control her) who weigh much more than an average person would. The Jinn/Demon wanted to Marry her or something.

At one instance she disappeared in front of their eyes. Ten minutes later, her family got a called from other relatives of mine that she has been sitting in their roof. Mind you, they live approximately four hours away from their home and there is no way in hell anyone could just "disappear" and walk/drive/fly that fast.

I should stop since typing this is making me shiver...

Salazar

Speculation
There were many rumours surrounding Holt's death, such as that he had committed suicide or faked his own death in order to run away with his mistress. The mystery became the subject of numerous urban myths in Australia, including outlandish but persistent stories that he had been kidnapped by a Chinese submarine, or that he had been abducted by a UFO. In 1983, British journalist Anthony Grey published a controversial book in which he claimed that Holt had been an agent for the People's Republic of China and that he had been picked up by a Chinese submarine off Portsea and taken to China.[2]

Oh, Wikipedia.

Thanks for sharing that, any ideas on what might have caused her to be haunted or cursed, such as practicing with black magic and such?

Understand if its to creepy to talk about.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
shagg_187 said:
Yeah it's a bit disturbing since my mom witnessed one of the encounters herself. She was/is haunted/cursed/whatever-you-wanna-call-it. She had been abducted by Jinns/Demons numerous times for a year or so before she disappeared (she has been missing for atleast 3 years now).

The priest who worked on her successful/unsuccessful exorcism has quit practicing it and now has 4 guards guarding his house 24/7.

My mom has seen her throw men (who were trying to control her) who weigh much more than an average person would. The Jinn/Demon wanted to Marry her or something.

At one instance she disappeared in front of their eyes. Ten minutes later, her family got a called from other relatives of mine that she has been sitting in their roof. Mind you, they live approximately four hours away from their home and there is no way in hell anyone could just "disappear" and walk/drive/fly that fast.

O_____O

*scared shitless*

Leonsito

shagg_187 said:

Wow, very interesting, but it sucks that your cousin disappeared :(

God's Beard said:

Nobody solved that site? What the hell, GAF let's do this !

Ash Sparrow said:
Thanks for sharing that, any ideas on what might have caused her to be haunted or cursed, such as practicing with black magic and such?

Understand if its to creepy to talk about.

No clue. She was really pretty though (and very normal before the shit hit the fan). She first encountered the Jinn at a wedding party where she noticed an unknown "man" staring at her and constantly smiling. Later, when she was in the washroom, she saw him/it again. She couldn't open the bathroom door and she screamed that there is a "man" in the washroom with her. When the door was broken down to, there was no man to be found.

In other occasions (according to her), she was taken to mountains where the Jinn showed her their Palace and their family.

The priest who was practicing the exorcism "killed" the Jinn who liked her. Later, his/it's family was out for revenge. That's when the abductions were more frequent until she finally disappeared 3 years ago.

shagg_187 said:
No clue. She was really pretty though (and very normal before the shit hit the fan). She first encountered the Jinn at a wedding party where she noticed an unknown "man" staring at her and constantly smiling. Later, when she was in the washroom, she saw him/it again. She couldn't open the bathroom door and she screamed that there is a "man" in the washroom with her. When the door was broken down to, there was no man to be found.

In other occasions (according to her), she was taken to mountains where the Jinn showed her their Palace and their family.

The priest who was practicing the exorcism "killed" the Jinn who liked her. Later, his/it's family was out for revenge. That's when the abductions were more frequent until she finally disappeared 3 years ago.
Wow. What were the circumstances of her last disappearance?

I'm really sorry, man. I hope you find her.

Price Dalton said:
Wow. What were the circumstances of her last disappearance?

I'm really sorry, man. I hope you find her.

She just... vanished. Door was locked (One of those old-fashioned houses that uses those massive padlocks that require key to exit and enter). Nobody left or entered.

She just disappeared. Thanks for the concerns though. I don't think I can sleep now lol.

According to her, the priest and many others who practice/believe in this, the Jinns/Demons live amongst us. They are like humans where some can be evil and some can be good. They have their own life and their own schools and whatnot. It's incredible yet freaky at the same time.

Zaptruder

Banned
Strange coincidence... or creepy paranormal event?

120rsht.png

Leonsito

shagg_187 said:
She just... vanished. Door was locked (One of those old-fashioned houses that uses those massive padlocks that require key to exit and enter). Nobody left or entered.

She just disappeared. Thanks for the concerns though. I don't think I can sleep now lol.

Did this hit the news when it happened ? Where did she lived ? (if you don't mind)

Leonsito said:
Did this hit the news when it happened ? Where did she lived ? (if you don't mind)

Pakistan. No, it did not hit the news since it's "not newsworthy" for things like these to happen, especially in the rural areas and poor cities. The police and whatnot know about it but there is nothing they can do when they have no evidence, suspect or clue at what happen.

It's sad but everyone has lost hopes in finding her.

EDIT: I have alot of other stories that are not paranormal to share which includes my friends robbing a house (a true "Guy Ritchie" sequence) and many more. I've always thought of writing a mini-story-series on my life but no one would be interested especially when I start discussing my university life where I spend most of the time on GAF :lol

Oh well, Let's cheer up GAF! :D Life is too short to worry about things.

I have been a personal witness to this event:

There has been sightings of the black car near a small town an hour drive to Ottawa, Ontario. We found out out the hard way.

The place is very eerie and quiet. Myself and 2 other friends were driving to Ottawa late night when we decided to stop by for some food and use the restrooms at a nearby small town. To reach the town, you had to drive through a section that had nothing but corn fields left and right.

While we were driving, headlights shone behind us. It was pretty bright. We decided to slow down and let it pass. My friend and I both looked out to see the car (1930s classic ford). Inside were an elderly couple. The man had a beard and a top hat. As the car passed by us, behind the moonlight, the man looked directly at us: he had no jaw, just the upper jaw and the eyes did not twinkle in the moonlight, as if they were dead eyes, or a matte black. We slowed the fuck down to a crawl, freaked out by what we saw. The driver, being the ass that he is, decided it was a good idea to chase the car down.

He gunned it. We were doing 120kph on this narrow and bumpy road. The next exit was a turnpike a few KM away. There is absolutely NO WAY that car had the speed to match us. There were no houses, no exits, just corn fields. Where it went, we had no idea.

Leonsito

DarkJediKnight said:

There has been sightings of the black car near a small town an hour drive to Ottawa, Ontario. We found out out the hard way.

The place is very eerie and quiet. Myself and 2 other friends were driving to Ottawa late night when we decided to stop by for some food and use the restrooms at a nearby small town. To reach the town, you had to drive through a section that had nothing but corn fields left and right.

While we were driving, headlights shone behind us. It was pretty bright. We decided to slow down and let it pass. My friend and I both looked out to see the car (1930s classic ford). Inside were an elderly couple. The man had a beard and a top hat. As the car passed by us, behind the moonlight, the man looked directly at us: he had no jaw, just the upper jaw and the eyes did not twinkle in the moonlight, as if they were dead eyes, or a matte black. We slowed the fuck down to a crawl, freaked out by what we saw. The driver, being the ass that he is, decided it was a good idea to chase the car down.

He gunned it. We were doing 120kph on this narrow and bumpy road. The next exit was a turnpike a few KM away. There is absolutely NO WAY that car had the speed to match us. There were no houses, no exits, just corn fields. Where it went, we had no idea.

That's fucking amazing, I love this kind of stuff.

DarkJediKnight said:

o_O

Waikis

shagg_187 said:

According to her, the priest and many others who practice/believe in this, the Jinns/Demons live amongst us. They are like humans where some can be evil and some can be good. They have their own life and their own schools and whatnot. It's incredible yet freaky at the same time.

There was a Djinn invasion a while back in Brunei. It was covered in a daily basis by the media and the Sultan of Brunei even visited the school where most of the deminc posessions happened.

http://www.brudirect.com/DailyInfo/News/Archive/Aug05/030805/nite03.htm

Bandar Seri Begawan - After a relatively incident-free Monday, four Form Five students of Sekolah Tinggi Perempuan Raja Isteri (STPRI) went hysterical again yesterday leaving many parents concerned as they called for efforts to be stepped up to contain the mystery phenomenon.

The school confirmed the incident and so did an official from the Ministry of Education, who said that the situation "is not as bad as what it was last week".

Following the first incident on July 21, more than a dozen students were hit by the strange phenomenon last week, which led the ministry to close the school for a day last Saturday.

Students who went hysterical were reportedly seen shouting at the top of their lungs before collapsing.

Sultan's Surprise Visit To STPRI, Supreme Court

Bandar Seri Begawan - The Supreme Court and Law buildings yesterday morning came under royal scrutiny as His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam made a surprise visit.

His Majesty also showed his concern on the recent hysteria episodes at Sekolah Tinggi Perempuan Raja Isteri (SPTRI) by visiting the all-girl secondary school.

During the royal visit, an unfortunate incident occurred when one of the students was hit by the mysterious hysteria. The monarch was deeply disturbed as he witnessed teachers and the school's administrative staff trying to calm the girl and stabilise the situation.

Later, His Majesty attended a closed-door briefing session delivered by STPRI's principal.

His Majesty's visit to STPRI reflected the ruler's concerns on students' academic performances as the school is battling to calm fears over the unexplained ......

VIDEO OF A GIRL POSSESSED BY THE JINN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5BP_rBK2rU&feature=related

Read post #3 for more links /info.
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=43541

Timedog said:
how did he have a beard if he had no jaw?

I guess sideburns/muttonchops was what I was thinking. He had facial hair by the way the moonlight hit him, but on the sides. The front lower teeth section was not there.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I am so glad i'm reading this at half 11 in the morning. Plenty of time to forget it all before i got to sleep. All that Djinn stuff is fucking creepy.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
ChiboSempai said:
There was one case I heard of where the same police detective was killed at the same time in two different locations 30 min apart from each other via car by two different people. I don't know how they would ever solve such a case.

...was that a Phoenix Wright reference?

RagnarokX

shagg_187 said:
Pakistan. No, it did not hit the news since it's "not newsworthy" for things like these to happen, especially in the rural areas and poor cities. The police and whatnot know about it but there is nothing they can do when they have no evidence, suspect or clue at what happen.

It's sad but everyone has lost hopes in finding her.

EDIT: I have alot of other stories that are not paranormal to share which includes my friends robbing a house (a true "Guy Ritchie" sequence) and many more. I've always thought of writing a mini-story-series on my life but no one would be interested especially when I start discussing my university life where I spend most of the time on GAF :lol

Oh well, Let's cheer up GAF! :D Life is too short to worry about things.
Could she have had Dissociative Identity Disorder/Schizophrenia and experienced a fugue state?

RagnarokX said:
Could she have had Dissociative Identity Disorder/Schizophrenia and experienced a fugue state?

I don't think so unless the disorder gives you the strength to throw men and the ability to reach a distant destination in a matter of minutes.

Anyways, the sun is out. I can sleep now. Good night! :)

Same stuff as always. If anyone ever find/witness anything that they can prove happened in any way thats verifiable someone pm me, if not it's just bs. As everything "paranormal".

Tonay

Banned
Shagg, I need you to open your mind to the idea that your cousin was not abducted by demons. It's hard, but, go on, try it. Think of the most far-fetched scientific explanation you can think of for everything that happened concerning your cousin. And now realise that the answer is far, far more simple. I'll try and guide you along the right direction...

shagg_187 said:

She hasn't been abducted, she's run away. Sounds like she unfortunately had severe mental problems, which in places like Pakistan aren't treated as mental problems but as spiritual ones. Hence, if someone says they hear voices telling them to do evil things, it's not something as impossible and ridiculous as paranoid schitzophrenia, it's obviously a demon or evil eye or whatever the fuck. They say if you talk to God it's called praying...but if god talks to you, it's called schizophrenia.

This means nothing at all. Absolutely nothing. Incidentally, he's either a charlatan or deeply, deeply, stupid.

Throwing people with extraordinary strength is no proof of anything. When people are enraged and psychotic they have crazy strength against the people who try to hold them back - who are obviously not going to be putting their full angry force into holding down a girl. How did they know the demon wanted to marry her? I'll tell you how because I already know: the girl said it. The girl with mental problems said that she heard voices, and instead of saying "it's ok, don't worry, lets get you to a hospital and see if we can sort this out", your family said "holy shit, what did the voices say? they want to marry you? damn you demons, youll never take her, never i say!".

Nonsense, completely. This is what happens when people hear chinese whispers about something potentially supernatural: it gets exaggerated and exaggerated until it becomes so OBVIOUS that it's nonsense that it would have been better to keep the story how it originally appeared.

My mum grew up in India and she told me when my brother was a kid some ghosts were pulling him away and she had to pull him back. As a kid I believed this fucking shit, but then I got to an age where I thought, 'yeah, not quite'.

If I tell you that I'm sitting right next to my brother and 5 minutes ago he disapeared in a flash of smoke (this is no joke), would you believe me? No. But if your mothers family in Pakistan tell you that the same thing happened to their cousin, would you believe them? Yes, because you already fucking did!

I don't mean to be mean, but when I hear this story all I see is a girl with mental problems who didn't get the medical help she needed, and her family only increased her delusional state, and now she's run away for the last time. A tragic and completely shameful story.

Canova

Banned
Tonay said:
My god, this thread. Okay, time to begin...if what I say becomes too offensive, let me know. Right-oh.

no, not too offensive, just unbearable.

Stop acting like you know all the shit, so yeah please stop.

shuyin_

Banned
GalacticAE said:

My theory regarding Mary Celeste is that a fight took place onboard the ship (cause may have been mutiny); people killed each other (throwing the bodies into the ocean) and the survivors used the lifeboat (found missing from Mary Celeste) and the sextant and marine chronometer (both were also missing from Mary Celeste) for navigation.

The biggest mystery is what drove the crew to abandon ship. Whatever it was, i'm sure it has nothing to do with paranormal activities.
Whether it was a storm and they left in a hurry thinking the ships was going to sink, whether a fight took place, the fact is it was abandoned. The missing lifeboat and navigation instruments indicate as much. Those that were on that lifeboat probably died in it.

Chromax

Argh this thread! Starting tomorrow I'll be staying in another country all by myself for a month. If I don't return I'm going to haunt each and everyone of you!

Tonay

Banned
Waikis said:
There was a Djinn invasion a while back in Brunei. It was covered in a daily basis by the media and the Sultan of Brunei even visited the school where most of the deminc posessions happened.

Yeah, mate, read up on something called 'mass hysteria'. It's really cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_hysteria (check out the related links and specific examples too - my favourite has always been Dancing Panic).

It's funny how when these things happen in backwards superstitious cultures, the first explanation for anything happening is a fucking stupid one. When something bad happens, it's not because that's just how things played out, there has to be a REASON for it.

It was someone's spell. An evil eye cast by that neighbour who doesn't like you. It was God's punishment for your sin of having a wank whilst thinking of Zac Efron. It's blatantly demonic possession. It's bad luck brought on by walking under that ladder.

Hey look, the newspaper is reporting it as a djinn invasion, so they must have done some research before coming to that conclusion. Now the Sultan is here and he says the demons are only here because of the homosexuals bringing sin into the country, if he thinks they're demons it must be true.

Get this, our religious book says that god made the universe in a week, i dont see an obvious scientific explanation and im too dumb to understand what a big bang is so it must have been god. I don't care what you say all I know is that we all have heart chakra's and mine is in a weakened state hence my unhappiness. We must not work on the sabbath and lets drink from the Kiddush Cup, thatll make things better. Don't cut your hair or god will be displeased. Yadda yadda yadda. We live in a stupid world.

Tonay

Banned
shagg_187 said:

Just out of interest, did the palace and family look like the one from the end of Pan's Labyrinth? Or was it more like Ultimecia's Castle from Disc 4 of Final Fantasy VIII?

no, not too offensive, just unbearable.

Stop acting like you know all the shit, so yeah please stop.

Am I alone here? This girl says that she went to visit the DEMON'S MOUNTAIN PALACE, and the DEMONS FAMILY, and I'm the one who's wrong for pointing out how absurd that is?

Tonay said:
Am I alone here? This girl says that she went to visit the DEMON'S MOUNTAIN PALACE, and the DEMONS FAMILY, and I'm the one who's wrong for pointing out how absurd that is?

No I'm with you, to be honest I was just hoping someone else would say it!

Leonsito

Tonay said:
Just out of interest, did the palace and family look like the one from the end of Pan's Labyrinth? Or was it more like Ultimecia's Castle from Disc 4 of Final Fantasy VIII?

Yeah well, I'm with you here, mental problems are often treated as possesions in a lot of places, and I'm a firmly supporter of Occam's razor.

Top Bottom