• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Redux announcement coming tomorrow?

viveks86

f1DpK7AOjVY.jpg

According to an image that was uploaded today, the developer is planning to announce something tomorrow. Our community member, Fábio Vieira, translated the message for us which says, “radio silence interrupted Monday”. We confirmed this ourselves as well via Google Translate. If you’d like to do the same here’s the message: радиомолчание прервется в понедельник

http://www.onlysp.com/metro-last-light-developer-4a-games-prepping-announcement-for-monday-metro-for-next-gen-to-be-revealed/

False alarm, guys. Looks like it was a launch of their new community website. Nothing yet about the new game! :'(

http://www.metroplace.ru

hawk2025

Excellent :)

Looking forward to what they do with it, and to see if they will try to use this opportunity to rebalance the first game a bit. Would be a great move.

JayEH

Oh yes! I wonder if this will include the first game also.

They already said it did.

I'll probably pick this up when its cheap. Enjoyed Last Light on 360 but you could definitely tell it wasn't meant for that system. Always wanted to play 2033 as well.

Wasn't this already leaked weeks ago??? I remember seeing pictures any everything about a Both metros being on a single disc and being remastered for next gen consoles.

Day one if the case

I mean shit, I bought Last Light on PS3 out of principal alone due to the dev's backstory (and yet to even really play it).

RoKKeR

Really hope so! Most anticipated title of the summer. Absolutely adore the Metro games and I can't wait to romp through both of them again with enhanced graphics and all of the DLC I missed out on.

codhand

i love this series, but i wonder if the original PC version--much like the original Tomb Raider--will still be the better or at an least equal value version..

Lingitiz

i love this series, but i wonder if the original PC version--much like the original Tomb Raider--will still be the better or at an least equal value version..

Well the original leak also had it listed for PC as well so that version will likely be the best looking version.

Anyways, I'm down for this if they actually take the time to do some serious overhauls to 2033. It's super unoptimized and the stealth and shooting mechanics are just painful.

Amon-Lau

http://www.4a-games.com/pressrelease_2014-05-12.html
Celebrated Ukrainian studio 4A Games (creators of the multi-million selling Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light) are planning to expand their AAA development capabilities by opening a new studio in Malta, making this their new headquarters. The existing studio will continue to operate in Kiev, Ukraine.
"By basing our new headquarters in Malta, a member state of the EU, 4A Games will be able to better compete on the international stage" said Dean Sharpe, who now joins the board of 4A Games as CEO and Head of Business Development. "Malta offers fantastic incentives for game development, and we are confident 4A Games will be able to attract the very best talent from Ukraine, Malta and beyond."
Key members of the Kiev office, including Creative Director and Co-Founder Andrew Prokhorov, and Chief Technical Officer Oles Shishkovstov, will relocate to Malta, and 4A Games will continue to recruit the very best talent in both Malta and Ukraine as their operations expand.
"This marks the start of a new chapter for 4A Games," said Andrew Prokhorov. "We are proud of our achievements as a young studio, and humbled by the response to our output so far. The team is looking forward to this new adventure."
4A Games are renowned for Metro 2033 and its sequel, Metro: Last Light, based on the novels by Dmitry Glukhovsky. The studio continues to work on un-announced titles within the Metro universe as well as further, un-announced projects, powered by their cutting edge proprietary tech, the 4A Engine.

Amneisac

I hastily read this as "Metroid Redux" and got really excited, then I saw the Russian and I was like - oh, Metro.

This is still cool, but that was a bit of a let down. I'd love to see them tighten up the combat in the first game. Shooting those bullet-sponge ratbeasts is some of the least compelling FPS gameplay of all time for me.

Top Bottom