• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Email tells me I have a big chance to inherit money from Africa - RussianGAF needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
One time I wanna make up the biggest sap story possible to see if these guys have any sympathy at all or if they would try and use that to further convince me to fall for their obvious scam.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Tell him and the bank you've had enough of this international money transfer nightmare and just booked a flight to Togo.

Haha this is good, it should be like the final stage, trying to get their address or phone number, see if they can pick you up from the airport, etc.

Piano

Banned
Send them a seriously looking professional email with name of professional sounding legal office in Washington DC asking for details as part of OCC audit due to unusual transaction attempt with request of contact information for person in charge of the bank.

Tell him and the bank you've had enough of this international money transfer nightmare and just booked a flight to Togo.

These are both great ideas.

Transfer him $1.350 instead of $1,350. Then send him a picture of the receipt like this:

As is this but it would take some balls to escalate it to that level.

Alpende

I love the OR WHAT and the NOW LISTEN TO US part.

Giving them info with a small typo may be the best way to reply, I want their reaction.

Shiggy

Dear brother,

I was worried because I did not read any posts from you, and the bank did not say any thing to me, so please, I would like to know what's going on?

Sincerely your brother,
Damijo Francis Esq.

Ok, I'm going to do the "sorry, wrong recipient" thing later today...

Reply to bank:
Dear bank,
Sent money out to you today. Hope you act fast or I be angry!

Reply to Damijo:
sorry to keep you waiting. money sent. Your daughter will be fine

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I got the same scam mail, in another language. Felt like replying that the Togo government probably needed the money more than I did.

Piccoro

Thank you Shiggy. This thread is awesome!
I'm reading the whole thread today at my job, and 3 minutes ago I literally had to run to the bathroom, or I would of peed my pants. lol

I lost it at "DO YOU MEAN TO INSINUATE THAT OUR BANK IS NOT REAL OT WHAT?"

Shiggy

DATE:09/09/2014.

WE THE OFFICIALS OF THIS GREAT BANK, BANQUE ATLANTIQUE LOME-TOGO HAVE RECEIVED YOUR MESSAGE BUT WE WISH TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WE STILL HAVE NOT CONFIRMED PAYMENT OF THE MONEY YOU SAID YOU SENT TO US.

SO WE ADVICE YOU TO URGENTLY SCAN THE PAYMENT INFORMATION WHICH WAS GIVEN TO YOU WHEN YOU MADE THE PAYMENT AND SEND TO US SO THAT WE CAN WITHDRAW THE MONEY AND URGENTLY REACTIVATE YOUR LATE COUSIN DORMANT ACCOUNT AND TRANSFER HIS TOTAL FUND TO YOU WITH OUT ANY FURTHER DELAY.

WE WISH TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WE CAN NOT WITHDRAW THE MONEY WITH OUT THE PAYMENT INFORMATION WHICH YOU USED TO SEND THE MONEY SO URGENTLY SCAN IT AND SEND TO US SO THAT OUR BANK CASHIER CAN WITHDRAW THE MONEY WITH OUT ANY DELAY.

IT'S OUR PLEASURE GIVEN YOU THE BEST OF OUR SERVICES.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.

DR.GILBERT UKAEGBU
FOREIGN REMITTANCE MANAGER
BANQUE ATLANTIQUE

What a great bank! Can anyone send me a Western Union sheet?

Shiggy

Sent them a faked Western Union receipt. I wonder whether they will notice. Unfortunately, I messed up with the recipient's name and security question.

I also really like the text that I sent in the email body:
You want joke? I paid and there receipt!!!! Pay fast or I be angry! Just this stupid bank makes death of a young girl! No moral, you bank!

What a great bank! Can anyone send me a Western Union sheet?
Here

WU+blank.jpg

Edit: I see I was too late

Shiggy

Dear brother,

I am very disappointed in you, because I just called the bank manager to confirm your message, and he told me that the MTCN number that you sent to them is not correct, and that the bank teller went to draw money from the Western Union, but it said that the money transfer control number is not correct, so he could not get the money.

Here is the number you sent to the bank 9229496567 is not entirely true.

Please let me know if you are really serious with me in this transaction because the bank was very angry, and the bank manager told me that their bank can no longer tolerate more of your garbage and that they will stop this deal, but I begged them to I want to ask you, so please be honest with me and send the correct billing information used to send money to the bank, if you are really serious with me in this transaction and, please, if you are not serious with me in this transaction to write and let me know so that I will know what to do, because I can not afford to lose this deal, which is the only way I can save my little sick daughter.

Sincerely your brother,
Damijo Francis Esq.

What does he want?

liquidtmd

Banned
told me that their bank can no longer tolerate more of your garbage

Jeez man here we all are trying to come up with inventive replies, to which the guy cant get many, and this is the thanks we get

bcac00e863006346ab3554a187f49b84.jpg

Minamu

Seems like we're coming to an end. How about "sending" more money but also contact the real authorities with the fake number above and let them know somebody is likely coming to try and collect it? The Togo cops might find it interesting?

Ishida

Banned
You should really stop fucking around with Mr. Bank, Shiggy. Mr. Bank tired of your garbage.

EDIT: Tell Damijo Francis that you seriously believe Mr. Bank is trying to scam you both.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I think that the idea of using a professional sounding office of D.C. sounds a great way to end this scam. Bet they would stop replying then hahaha.

Hilarious thread so far.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: Tell Damijo Francis that you seriously believe Mr. Bank is trying to scam you both.

I like this idea! Also, you can add that the bank yells at you in every email and sound rude and unprofessional (and that you will take your business elsewhere/hire a lawyer/etc.)

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
What does he want?

Mr Bank ESQ, barrister, is tired of your fucking shit obviously.

So you sent him a fake or illegitimate money order scan? Have we tried the thing where you send him a money order with the name slightly misspelled? Or sending him a legit money order for $1.350 (that's American commies, it means one dollar and 35 cents)?

I really like the endgame of being like "fuck it I'm flying there" and trying to get as much info about their address and such as possible. I know they'd never believe it but the thought of them driving to the airport to pick you up is so beautiful...

Edit: trying to tell the lawyer that you think the bank is trying to scam you both is an interesting idea, but I'm worried that the minute you mention "scam" they're going to bail and the fun will be over.

Anustart

Tell him you're tired of shit getting fucked up and you wanna fly to him and pick him and his sick daughter up then go to the bank.

Dali

What does he wand?
He wants you to stop wasting his time and come clean so he can focus his scamming energy on a real mark. But of course you're gonna keep wasting his time and come up with some unbelievable bullshit and he's gonna buy it because he doesn't want to risk losing this payday if in fact by some chance you aren't just jerking him around. That's the beauty of these scam the scammer pranks. You've got all the power. You've got what he wants and all he can offer you is lulz, so the ball is always in your court.

Reply apologetically saying yesterday you were celebrating Festivus and had a bit much to drink when you transcribed the numbers. Tell him add a niner at the end and it should check out.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Tell him you're tired of shit getting fucked up and you wanna fly to him and pick him and his sick daughter up then go to the bank.

This one is even better... I would LOVE to see the reaction to this.

"Looks like the only thing I can do now is fly over. I can come meet you, friend, and your sick daughter and we can head to the bank and all work it out face-to-face like a normal, professional bank transaction does."

KKRT00

"and that the bank teller went to draw money from the Western Union"
Hahahahahah

---
You should really stop fucking around with Mr. Bank, Shiggy. Mr. Bank tired of your garbage.

Thats an awesome idea.

Glasshole

Banned
At this point, I'd write back

"Finally sent the money my brother! The receipt is in the attachments!"

And then attach the most magnificent pic of a dick I could find.

The "bank scams" idea is not bad, but I think he'll stop replying...

liquidtmd

Banned
If we can keep this shit on a slow burn till Christmas and theyre still replying Im going to mail him a dollar. Well worth the entertainment. Well after Shiggy takes his cut itll be a few cents but still well played

emb

Someone before suggested sending 1.350 instead of 1,350. Is that a possibility, or is it too much to let this scam actually make that much money?

Camwi

I like this one. Express how FUCKING FRUSTRATED you are that the bank has been jerking you around, and how the life of that little girls means so much to you, that you're going to fly there to see them and the bank in person and get this shit straightened out.

That bank is such a jerk. :mad:

Prez

Write another reply to the guy but instead send it to Mr. Bank. They are both the same guy so I'm curious which one he'd answer as.

Shiggy

Dear Damijo,
I think that the bank is not credible at all - they want to laugh at you. They do not care about your daughter. They offered me a deal where I get 90% of the money, they get 10% and you get nothing. They wanted me to tell you that they can not pay back the money, and then to divide the money between me and the bank.

Of course, I would not do this, as you are my friend, and I would never have known about it without you. So what do you suggest I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom