• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Email tells me I have a big chance to inherit money from Africa - RussianGAF needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I am surprised how thorough and detailed this whole process is. My popcorn is here to wait for more!

Rapstah

His may be auto-translated too. I see no reason whatsoever why his first name, Damijo, would be written out in our alphabet. There are a couple of grammatical mistakes in the first sentence too: his wording, with the accusative case, implies he informs you onto or against his client's passing, and not of it.

Pbae

OP, forget about the money, you can always make more. How is his daughter doing? Is she on the road to recovery? Please respond.

gabbo

His may be auto-translated too. I see no reason whatsoever why his first name, Damijo, would be written out in our alphabet. There are a couple of grammatical mistakes in the first sentence too: his wording, with the accusative case, implies he informs you onto or against his client's passing, and not of it.

I think that's easily overlook-able by this point

Shiggy

Got this from the bank (I took snapshots):

scam2ovsvo.jpg

scam1uasrp.jpg

Just send a message to the other guy as I cannot answer the questions without his help :D

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
BANKS LIKE TO TYPE IN CAPS.

Don't worry, it all seems legit! I hear Western Union is better than Paypal these days!

Oh my that red star seal in the bottom right corner that's entirely blank is the real seal of quality

You should be sending this person your money as soon as possible!

DrEvil

not a medical professional
just make sure none of the images or docs he's sending have trojans or whatever embedded.. could be something to keep an eye out for.

Shiggy

OP tell them that you paid the money through western union and give them fake number.

That's my plan.

just make sure none of the images or docs he's sending have trojans or whatever embedded.. could be something to keep an eye out for.

Don't antivirus programmes and webmail things check for that? Anyway, only opening them through my web browser rehosted on the webmail servers - not downloading the original files. I'm using Avira.

Can't wait for the angry email when the scammer realizes he's been scammed, lol! Keep 'em coming! These guys really are scum of the earth.

Shiggy

Dear brother,

I thank you for always forwarding any letter you receive from the bank to me, and I assure you that if you follow my advice, we will succeed in this deal .. I'm sorry for my late reply to your mail, it was associated with one the fact that I was very busy with work in and out of hospitals for health of my little daughter.

I have read and understood the letter you received from the bank, and I am very happy because the bank is ready to transfer the general fund of my late client to you without further delay, because you have provided them with all the necessary documents they require from you.

Bank has asked you to answer a few questions about my late client, so I went through my office files and found the right answers to your questions send the attached official responses to the shore.

The Bank has advised you to send them your bank account details to avoid errors in the transmission of a common fund for you and requires bank details are as follows:

ACCOUNT HOLDER'S NAME:

NAME OF RECEIVING BANK:

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

SWIFT CODE:

After reading the message of the bank, I realized that the bank asked you to send the reactivation fee / handling $ 1,350, so that they can re-activate the deceased customer's dormant account that you are now his immediate family, which has been frozen for more than five years, so that they can have full access to his account, and immediately transfer the total fund and your account number in your country.

Dear brother, you can see that we are moving forward with success in this deal, and I think that as soon as you send the bank's claims to them, they quickly begin with the transfer of the general fund to you without further delay.

The Bank is also for you to understand that it is mandatory for you to pay the cost of reactivation, since account must be activated before they can transfer the total fund to you in accordance with their banking regulations, rules and policies.

Please, you must understand that I have no money on me now because of the current state of my daughter, who deprived me of my savings if I do not pay a fee to the bank on your behalf without asking you for anything.

It is written in a bank document that you have to make a payment to the bank through the Western Union Money Transfer with the name of the bank cashier, specified below for the immediate withdrawal and further action, as much time has already been wasted.

NAME: MISHACK MORRIS

Test Question: DESTINATION

ANSWER: LOME, RUE KOUMOUE

My good brother, you should not delay in sending a reactivation fee to the bank that they quickly activate the dormant account of my late client and quickly transfer your inheritance fund directly into your bank account number.

Do not forget to scan the payment form (information) and send it to the bank so that there will be no errors.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
God bless you as you continue to pray for my little sick daughter.

Sincerely your brother,
Damijo Francis Esq.

Few hours later...

Dear brother,

I am writing this message to know if you have sent the bank's requirements on them so that the bank will quickly activate the dormant account of my late client and immediately transmit it to the general fund for you.

Sincerely lawyer
Damijo Francis Esq.

First of all - it's a scam. Second it's Google Translated Russian. As in he wrote it in his language and translated to Russian. Or he's really bad at Russian.
I'm a native Russian speaker, so you can believe me.

Browny

Banned
Make sure you get those bank details correct - it would be embarrassing to fall at such a late hurdle, OP...

Shiggy

First of all - it's a scam. Second it's Google Translated Russian. As in he wrote it in his language and translated to Russian. Or he's really bad at Russian.
I'm a native Russian speaker, so you can believe me.

I'm just using Google Translate to reply anyway. Just asked him how to use Western Union ;)

Tenrius

Not really relevant to this thread, but I saw this on Twitter the other day and thought it was interesting:

BumveAwIMAAb_Pd.jpg

The OP is doing a good job of wasting the scammer's time at least, lol.

Pila

It's a togolese bank, I see. I'm worried about the poor nigerian prince, he should be in charge of that. =(

Shiggy

Dear brother,

Bank told you to send the reactivation fee to them through Western Union or MoneyGram with the following information.

I suggest you try your best and make sure you send the reactivation fee to the bank today, and do not forget to send your bank account information with the answers to the bank today, because the bank gave you 72 hours, which is three days and tomorrow is the last day, so you should try and make the payment before it will be in the end.

Sincerely your brother,
Damijo Francis Esq.

Ok, making the payment now.

And here's my reply (please note that I don't speak English very well as a Russian/Dutch citizen...):
Hello,
ACCOUNT HOLDER'S NAME:
NAME OF RECEIVING BANK: UBS SA
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 240-C0573530.0
SWIFT CODE: UBSWCHZH80A
Payment done. Please pay fast, it's about life and death.

And I told the other guy it doesn't work and that he should help me very fast as the deadline is approaching haha

Shiggy

ATTN :
DATE:28/08/2014.

THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT THE MANAGEMENT BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THIS BANK HAS RISEN FROM A MEETING HELD TODAY THE 28TH OF AUGUST 2014 ON YOUR BEHALF AND IN REGARDS TO THE APPLICATION LETTER TENDERED TO THIS OFFICE ON YOUR BEHALF.

THIS BANK HAS RECEIVED THE CORRECT ANSWERS TO OUR BANK'S OFFICIAL QUESTIONAIRE AND YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS IN WHICH WE WILL TRANSFER THE YOUR INHERITED FUND TO.

NEVERTHELESS WE WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO SEND US THE REQUIRED REACTIVATION FEE OF $ 1350 WHICH WILL ENABLE US TO REACTIVATE YOUR LATE COUSIN'S DORMANT ACCOUNT THAT HAS REMAINED UNTOUCHED FOR MORE THAN FIVE YEARS AND URGENTLY TRANSFER HIS TOTAL FUND TO YOU AS HIS NEXT OF KIN.

WE WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT TODAY IS THE LAST DAY GIVEN TO YOU TO SEND US OUR COMPLETE REQUIREMENTS OR ELSE WE MAY BE FORCED TO TERMINATE THIS TRANSACTION IN YOUR NAME.

URGENTLY SEND US THE FEE WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS:

M.T.C.N:

IT'S OUR PLEASURE GIVEN YOU THE BEST OF OUR SERVICES.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.

DR.GILBERT UKAEGBU
FOREIGN REMITTANCE MANAGER
BANQUE ATLANTIQUE

And my response:
Dear bank,
Payment will come. Wanted to pay but payment refused by you. Please help, my friend's daughter is dying. If 5 years untouched, you must wait for me. I try best.

emb

I wonder how long they keep pestering you to send it before they give up. Surely they'll give you more chances after the deadline.

Thanks for sharing by the way, pretty entertaining to follow.

Shiggy

Dear brother,

I apologize for my late reply to your message due to my sick daughter who I am taking care of the hospital.

I went to the bank and discussed with the bank manager, he told me that once they have given you to make a payment past yesterday, but after pleading with him and told him about his sick daughter, the treatment depends on the success of this deal, he agreed to give you 48 hours which two days were today and tomorrow, and he advised you to send a fee to the bank with this information.

TEXT QUESTION: COUNTRY

ANSWER: LOME-TOGO

ADDRESS: BOULEVARD DE 13 JANVIER LOME-TOGO

Please, I'm counting on you, and I know you will not disappoint me and God bless you as you continue to pray for my sick daughter in hospital.

Sincerely your brother,
Damijo Francis Esq.

This is getting hilarious. Any idea for the next step? :D

Prez

When he realizes he doesn't get the money, tell him the bank cancelled the transfer because you don't have enough money in your account. Then ask him if he will pay it and promise him you'll pay him back twice the amount once you got the money.

Chopper

When he realizes he doesn't get the money, tell him the bank cancelled the transfer because you don't have enough money in your account. Then ask him if he will pay it and promise him you'll pay him back twice the amount once you got the money.
This is a good idea.

Shiggy

THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT THE MANAGEMENT BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THIS BANK HAS RISEN FROM A MEETING HELD TODAY THE 29TH OF AUGUST 2014 ON YOUR BEHALF AND IN REGARDS TO THE APPLICATION LETTER TENDERED TO THIS OFFICE ON YOUR BEHALF.

WE THE BANQUE ATLANTIQUE OFFICIALS ARE WRITING TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WE DID NOT REFUSE ANY PAYMENT FROM YOU AND WE ARE YET TO RECEIVE THE REACTIVATION FEE WHICH WILL ENABLE US REACTIVATE OUR LATE CLIENT'S DORMANT ACCOUNT AND TRANSFER HIS TOTAL FUND TO YOU.

NEVERTHELESS WE WISH TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU MUST SEND THE REACTIVATION FEE TO US THROUGH OUR BANK'S CASHIER INFORMATION'S AS FOLLOW.

WE WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT YESTERDAY WAS THE LAST DAY GIVEN TO YOU TO SEND US OUR COMPLETE REQUIREMENTS BUT HONORABLE BARRISTER DAMIJO FRANCIS PLEADED WITH US TO GIVE YOU MORE TIME AND WE HAVE DONE THAT CONSIDERING HIS LITTLE SICK DAUGHTER PRESENT PREDICAMENT OR ELSE WE WOULD HAVE TERMINATED THIS TRANSACTION IN YOUR NAME.

URGENTLY SEND US THE FEE WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION S:

TEXT QUESTION: COUNTRY

ANSWER: LOME-TOGO

ADDRESS: BOULEVARD DE 13 JANVIER LOME-TOGO

SEND THE FEE TO US THROUGH WESTERN UNION OR MONEY GRAM AND SEND US A SCANNED PAYMENT RECEIPT AS SOON AS YOU MAKE THE PAYMENT.

IT'S OUR PLEASURE GIVEN YOU THE BEST OF OUR SERVICES.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.

DR.GILBERT UKAEGBU
FOREIGN REMITTANCE MANAGER
BANQUE ATLANTIQUE

Now I told them my bank is closed during weekends ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom