• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

crisis core: good game, awful story.

kswiston

The one thing I would worry about with the remake is how voice acting and redoing the dialogue is going to affect the feel of the cast. I think that the original game was pretty strong on the anime tropes/stereotypes, but some of that was masked by the lack of audio and expressive characters. People already complained about the extended universe stuff.

WolvenOne

The one thing I would worry about with the remake is how voice acting and redoing the dialogue is going to affect the feel of the cast. I think that the original game was pretty strong on the anime tropes/stereotypes, but some of that was masked by the lack of audio and expressive characters. People already complained about the extended universe stuff.

Voice acting is somewhat of a concern. Though as long as Cloud isn't as monotone as he was in Advent Children, I'll call it a win. XD

Nephtes

I must have been in some kind of coma while playing Crisis Core, because I honestly do not remember the story from it at all...

Went to the Wiki today and read the synopsis
Holy God does it sound baaaaaaaad.

I must have repressed the memory of the story due to the deep trauma it caused. I mean really how do you rewrite the Nibelheim incident? Argh!

I hope Kitase and Nomura forgot that this game was ever made and drop it from canon when remaking FFVII.

Granted, Zack's theme is still amazing.

daniels

A terrible addition to the VII compilation, just like every other part of the compilation. At least Advent Children was entertaining to watch for its action, if nothing else.

The slot machine crap in battles, the repetitive music, the bland environments, the shoe-horned-in characters, the awful drivel with Genesis, etc.

Best forgotten. Never understood the hype.

Ending is what sticks with most people.. not the bland envirouments without any of the FF7 charme, or the worse battlesystem or the worse characters or the worse story or...

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Eh, i think some people try too hard when they say CC's story was bad.

FF Crisis core's story was really good i thought. You can say you dislike Genesis all you want, but its really hyperbolic to the enth degree considering the actual quality in the game, to the gameplay, the soundtrack, the ending, and yes the characters. Cissnei i thought was a wonderful addition to the turks, that's why i thought they should have done more with her.

Also, i think your deluding yourself if you think they arent going to add major compilation elements to the game, they created the extended universe specifically to add things to what was already there.

I'd say a lot of people are probably going to be better off sticking to the original PS1 game, cause those ones arent going to be happy with what comes out whenever the remake debuts

I didn't think the story was anything special. Its was the characters, especially Zack, which really carried it and made me like it as much as I did.

Eh, i think some people try too hard when they say CC's story was bad.

FF Crisis core's story was really good i thought. You can say you dislike Genesis all you want, but its really hyperbolic to the enth degree considering the actual quality in the game, to the gameplay, the soundtrack, the ending, and yes the characters. Cissnei i thought was a wonderful addition to the turks, that's why i thought they should have done more with her.

I will buy that FF7 remake if they put her in the game, as much as I don't care for FF7.

Yarbskoo

I can't speak for its gameplay, but Crisis Core's story is pretty bad, like all the rest of FFVII's spinoffs. Everything having to do with Genesis is just terrible.

The ending is great though.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Genesis Rhapsodos is seriously the most cringe worthy try-hard emo name I have ever heard, I swear.

I thought it was a joke/parody when I first heard of the character (yesterday)

I always admired his mega drive to achieve his high resolutions.

MAtgS

I swear was Genesis was meant to satire Square's own fandom or something. He looks like an "original character do not steal" that's just a palette swap of an established character & he actually tries to make sense of the poetically gibberish story that he's an obsessive fan of.

I don't remember anything about the game except the ending, which I loved.

I'm sure everyone is right about Genesis being terrible but I honestly don't remember anything about him except the dumb poems.

Top Bottom