• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Crystal Dynamics Keeps Posting About Raziel on Twitter

Alexious

Nov 5, 2015
Speculation, of course. But are they possibly teasing a remake/remaster?
‏
@CrystalDynamics (Oct 12)

Published in 1996 by @CrystalDynamics, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain was the first of a legendary series introducing fans to Nosgoth. 🧛*♂️🦇

@CrystalDynamics (Oct 13)

"Raziel. You are worthy."
Joanna Wolska's #Inktober entry features our favorite wraith Raziel.
Check out more here: http://artstation.com/joannawolska

@CrystalDynamics (Today)

"I am Raziel, first-born of His lieutenants. I stood with Kain and my brethren at the dawn of the empire."

Would be about time.

itshutton

Apr 20, 2016
I was thinking about this recently. I would love a remaster/remake.

Game might be a lot worse than I remember though.

Stygr

Banned
Apr 27, 2017
Squeenix will eventually fuck this.

I really hope something is coming.
Fucking Nosgoth.

FelipeMGM

Feb 14, 2015
twitter.com
They have a Marvel game in production, and also still a Tomb Raider in the pipes

So twitter is the best thing they can do for Legacy of Kain with their resources

Zurick

Banned
Nov 8, 2013
In a dream
please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god please god

Alright now that I got that out of my system.

Please let this be something. I'll even take a new fucking Pachinko machine at this point.

Alexious

Nov 5, 2015
They have a Marvel game in production, and also still a Tomb Raider in the pipes

So twitter is the best thing they can do for Legacy of Kain with their resources

That much is true. But Square Enix could be outsourcing a remaster or remake to gauge interest for new installments.

Stygr

Banned
Apr 27, 2017

TR and Marvel Project are being co-developed with Eidos Montreal.

Z..

Jun 5, 2013
Legacy of Kain reboot incoming. Neat. Not sure how I'd feel about a possible Soul Reaver remake, though...

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Amy Hennig is free now...

It's time for a semi reboot in the Doctor Who fashion and bring back this incredible IP and have Amy continue telling her story.

Mama Robotnik, where are you?!

JimmyRustler

Jun 17, 2006
Amy Hennig is free now...
As much I like her... Seeing how her last 2 projects turned out (U4 being so messy Druckman had to take over, Star Wars game apparently being messy as well) I'd rather have someone else helm the project.

Rap2thaMoon

Jul 11, 2015
This is a great idea. Someone ask him on twitter what he thinks of it!

"legacy of kain who" I imagine would be the response, unless there's history I'm not aware of.

I'm sure this is nothing, I would be surprised if it amounted to anything significant like a remake, reboot or sequel.

Oct 4, 2011
I’d love a remaster, but I’d kill for a remaster which includes the ridiculous amount of content cut from the final game.

Nosgoth

Neo Member
Feb 26, 2017
Get Amy back, make a proper LoK game.
If it includes Raziel, it's probably a reboot of some sort.

Melchiah

Sep 21, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
www.youtube.com
I'd love to have a worthy remake of it, but I fear they'll screw it up, or make it an XB exclusive given their history.

EDIT: Come to think of it, if it were to happen, it could even be infested with TR-like collecthaton.

daninthemix

Jul 7, 2010
I presume a remake or new game is incoming, or whoever minds their Twitter feed is incredibly bored right now.

Stiler

Jun 3, 2009
A new LOK game would be great.

A new one or a reboot though?

Would love a new one with both Raziel/Kain as a reboot, I felt that Raziel got an ending already and a reboot would serve as a way to have new games that can lead both characters on a new adventure without trying to stretch out the story that was already told.

Nere

Jul 29, 2014
Hope its a remake of the first game, it makes sense since the series is so old and many people didn't experience it. Day one if so.