• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crystal Dynamics Keeps Posting About Raziel on Twitter

Garlador

And here I was trying to find a Raziel NECA figure just yesterday.

Bring it on. Need more Legacy of Kain releases. Franchise is vampiric gold.

There was that pitch for a Blood Omen reboot that looked to feature Raziel in some way last year.

hYnyS1n.png

4Zs9o1g.png

Zk3F1La.png

XSZv7uB.png

Wonder if their related?

PrimeBeef

I was thinking about this recently. I would love a remaster/remake.

Game might be a lot worse than I remember though.
I may be the only one but I never thought they were good to begin with. I would love a modern take on on though with all the QoL improvements made in games since then.

Don't do this to me. I would pay a shameful amount of money for a 5 game anthology collection. My favorite game series of all time. No story has come close to it, imo.

I hope that if we do ever get a new game, that it focuses on Kain, not Raziel. Don't get me wrong, I love the character,
but his story ended in Defiance. I don't want them to cheapen his sacrifice.

iFirez

I've never played a Legacy of Kain game, but I stream older/classic/retro games and I have Soul Reaver on PS1 ready to play - do I bump it up the list and finally experience it?

cm osi

remaster/port would be ok. don't even try to reboot that, i'm almost glad that project never got made

As much I like her... Seeing how her last 2 projects turned out (U4 being so messy Druckman had to take over, Star Wars game apparently being messy as well) I'd rather have someone else helm the project.

Game's aren't made by one person. Blaming whatever issues those projects had on her is dumb.

Anyway, while most of Crystal Dynamics will be working on Avengers (Eidos Montreal's working on Tomb Raider 3), what about a Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light/Temple of Osiris style Legacy of Kain reboot?

Ouroboros

This is the only game I want CD to remake. Is this just because Halloween is just around the corner?

Please please please, this would make my decade if they revived the LoK series.

Omg, now I'm going to be excited until next e3...

ps3ud0

Shame it's this version of Crystal Dynamics. If it is a game, I expect it to be as good as the Thief reboot was...

Now a remake of the games would piqued my interest

ps3ud0 8)

FelipeMGM

Tomb Raider is being made by Eidos Montreal.

yes, Eidos is making Shadow of the Tomb Raider

But Crystal Dynamics is also making another one, they are hiring a creative director to replace Ian Milham, whom was the lead on the project but left the studio a month ago

Godcannon

Holy shit what what what!?

Now they are gonna feel the wrath of the only reason I have a Twitter account.

Commencing phase harassment alpha.

Pewww. Eeo beep bloop.

Lutherian

It's obviously :
Soul Reaver: Kindgom of the Vampires.

You must create your kindgom to show who's the king of Nozgoth.

But don't get cocky ! Building can take time. If you can't wait, you can use the Instant Build powers of Nozgoth with the Crystal Virtual Money.

You can earn Crystal Virtual Money by getting Loot Boxes. To get Loot Boxes, you must get Virtual Currency of Etherral Realm, witch can only be bought with real money (don't forget to ask your parents !).

Also : don't forget the Season Pass (49,99 £) and Day 1 DLCs !

Godcannon

I've never played a Legacy of Kain game, but I stream older/classic/retro games and I have Soul Reaver on PS1 ready to play - do I bump it up the list and finally experience it?

IMO. Absolutely. The voice acting, story, and atmosphere are phenomenal, even to this day. At least watch the opening sequence and play the forst level, then go from there.

Blood Omen is amazing too btw.

You just don't get really cool story and characters in games very often.

Denzar

Hey CD and Squeenix, if you're bringing back Raziel and co., please bring back Amy Henning to work on the franchise as well....

It appears she seems to be in a professional pickle.

Khoryos

Hey CD and Squeenix, if you're bringing back Raziel and co., please bring back Amy Henning to work on the franchise as well....

It appears she seems to be in a professional pickle.

Maybe this is the studio equivalent of holding out a kitbit and making meowing noises at a stray cat?

GOOCHY

I hope it's a remake and not a remaster if they decide to go ahead with this. Our memories of Soul Reaver are good but I think if most of us went back and played the game it would seem very dated.

Top Bottom