• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW's Green Arrow series, "Arrow" leads in "Supernatural" on Wednesdays Fall 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I just don't have the energy and patience to watch shows like this anymore. A few years ago I might have given it a chance, but honestly...we already know what road this show is going down.

This kinda stuff is why I started to detest Smallville. Cheap looking, sloppy storylines and heavy reliance on the fanbase wanting to see live action versions of their favorite DC characters. The latter isn't a bad thing, but I would prefer they be handled better.

So yeah...good luck, GA.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just don't think "Arrowlad" is a very compelling superhero character; the power is too specific and impractical to be useful. Shooting arrows? Really?

824652-alan_scott_obsidian_super.jpg

Is that GL x Spawn?

Penguin

I agree. Also, Marvel needs to realize no one gives a shit about Black Widow or Hawkeye. DC needs to realize that there is only one superhero that needs a show and more exposure...

KhtJ2.jpg

He is getting a SyFy show this year.. though think that's all we know about it

A lot of DC heroes are really boring, super generic types so I tend to assume they're just generic copies of other heroes.

Seriously, DC has been doing really well since Geoff Johns took over. This is probably just my observation but people neglected the whole DC series because the heroes look lame while what matters is really the story and the writing. DC has Grant Morrison, Geoff Johns, Tony Daniels and so many other amazing writers. Don't get me started on Marvel, *Cough* Mark Millar *Cough*. Don't be too quick to judge the book by cover (ha!). The Flash has been amazing since they brought back Barry Allen (Flash Rebirth) and the Flashpoint series is amazing. War of Green Lantern is an amazing read that leads to the new 52 series. Blackest night was one of the amazing trade that I read last year. I feel that DC cares a lot about character development in their series. Look at Aquaman series now. At one point this year, it outsold everything including Marvel series. When it comes to Marvel, I only care about X-Men and X-Force. Cool look aint everything, if the story doesn't make an impact, I throw that straight into the garbage can.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I agree. Also, Marvel needs to realize no one gives a shit about Black Widow or Hawkeye. DC needs to realize that there is only one superhero that needs a show and more exposure...

KhtJ2.jpg

Heh, isn't it kinda ironic that the guy who's supposed to be unknown and unpopular to save the time has to have a media exposure? :p

Is it going to seem like a Hawkeye ripoff to the public?

As though he hasn't existed as a characer in JLU, some DC movies, and YJ.

G-Fex

Heh, isn't it kinda ironic that the guy who's supposed to be unknown and unpopular to save the time has to have a media exposure? :p

As though he hasn't existed as a characer in JLU, some DC movies, and YJ.

I said the main public (not the cartoon watching kind) you darn anthro.

Jintor

The real IRL series we need is Gotham Central. It's already goddamn purpose-built for procedural crime drama with supervillains.

Then you can transition into a Question series. Pair it with a Batwoman series.

Slime

Banned
The real IRL series we need is Gotham Central. It's already goddamn purpose-built for procedural crime drama with supervillains.

Then you can transition into a Question series. Pair it with a Batwoman series.

I don't trust the CW to go anywhere near my beloved Ruckaverse. :(

Alucard

Banned
Green Arrow is a fantastic character, and Mike Grell's run was classic. The volume that was started off by Kevin Smith was also superb. He's my favourite DC character, so I'm actually looking forward to this, provided it's not teenified too much.

Alucard

Banned
I also wonder if they'll call him "Green Arrow," or just "Arrow." Is this an ownership rights thing, and the reason they're calling his city Starling City, instead of Star City? Does WB have the rights to the names?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The walking dead?

doesnt have the same weight. everyone who knows batman knows who commisoner gordon is. batman also has a far more animated history, and when it comes to live action events, the odd ones out in their serious nature has been the dark knight series. the walking dead doesnt have that with being a relatively new series and all.

Alucard

Banned
I've got my fingers crossed that this won't be watered-down, and will focus on developing the character of Oliver Queen. I just want to see some gritty action sequences, trick arrows, and snappy dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom