• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin announced for PS4/XBO/PC - April 2015

Yoda

Will we get the graphics from the old version?

They scrapped a lot of what made that system what it was. You can see remnants of the torch mechanic littered throughout the game but it clearly was scrapped and they redid quite a few areas to compensate for it. Most likely this will be something more along the lines of a "prepare to die edition" that PC ended up getting with the first game.

Vena

based on the DLC, if they tweak the main game around with the mindset from those it's gonna go from 'pretty cool experiment' to 'tight as fuck'

'cuz dude, the DLC was amazing

They won't tweak anything, lol. They'd have to go through so much of the game and fix so many dull encounters that they'd basically have to remake a lot of the pre-existing content. They still haven't even bothered fixing the hitboxes or the weapon degradation and NPC aggression issues on PC.

I honestly don't even think they know how to fix anything with the game at this point.

Toxi

Banned
Great game, but I already own it and the DLC. Depends on if they add anything else substantial before I consider buying it again.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
New boss?
semttulo40ih5.png

Holy shit. Wasn't expecting that with Bloodborne coming. Hopefully the original lighting returns and it's a completely locked 30fps since I doubt they'll go 60.

Looks great.
I'll probably give it a rent since I already gave Bandai Namco my $60 at last gen launch and From is getting my Bloodborne money.

MilkBeard

Hold up this is coming to the PS360 as well?

What's the point of that exactly?

Didn't the old lighting system causes issues to the point that it was scrapped on those two systems?

PS4 and XBO i can understand since there is no DSII on them at all and the original visual look can be achieved there but for the PS360 that already have the game with the DLC as well seems pointless.

PS3 and 360 are getting free updates with tweaked gameplay and content, while they are going to sell the new addition as a standalone with the updates, as well as the DLC within the package. So if you haven't bought yet but aren't going next-gen, you just buy the new version. If you already bought it, you get a free update with tweaked content.

Cess007

I just knew DS2 would come eventually for PS4/XB1. That's why hold my purchase! Hope it's 60fps, even if that means no graphical update.

teraMEL0S

Fucking yes! I just knew this was going to come out on xb1, so I have not played it yet. I'm glad I have this to look forward to.

GHG

I would have hoped they would have done a complete collection edition.

Demon Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2

All remastered.

That would have been amazing.

Reule

Wow, kind of glad I held off on the DLC till now. Definitely getting this. Going to be amazing to capture PvP with Share.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Probably just Bloodborne for me. I'm already taking a risk because I may very well not like it but good for you Souls PS4 fans. You'll be full of entertainment all the way until E3.

ugoo18

PS3 and 360 are getting free updates with tweaked gameplay and content, while they are going to sell the new addition as a standalone with the updates, as well as the DLC within the package. So if you haven't bought yet but aren't going next-gen, you just buy the new version. If you already bought it, you get a free update with tweaked content.

Ahhh i see, i wonder if this is possibly that 4th DSII reference that showed up in a steam listing a little while back which was speculated to be a 4th DLC.

Steroyd

Hmmm what a dilemma I'll have to contemplate getting this after Bloodborne is out, glad I held off getting it on PS3 in a sense, but now I wonder if there's a point.

MattyG

Banned
Eh, I was going to wait and get this for PS4, but after viewing the trailer I might as well get it for PC. Doesn't look like there will be much of an upgrade beyond resolution and a more stable framerate (and whetever that patch adds). Hopefully I'm wrog and it's worth the upgrade though.

If the visual enhancements are free for PC users and the extra contentis priced as a dlc add on($15) I am okay with this.

From Bamco's tumble

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin will be launching in the Americas on April 7, 2015 on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, and PC/Steam (DirectX 9/DirectX11)!

All versions of the game will include the following features (Existing Dark Souls II owners will receive a patch to implement these elements):

All 3 DLC packs included in the game (Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, Crown of the Ivory King).
Additional NPCs added for an enhanced story experience.
Parameter adjustments for improved game balance.
Augmented item descriptions.
Improved online matchmaking functionality.
Xbox One, PS4, and DirectX 11 versions of the game will include the following features (in addition to those listed above):

Additional upgrades to graphics, sound, performance.
Increase in maximum online players in single session (6 total).

Holy shit at 6 people total in game!

Can't say I'm all that excited especially with Bloodborne releasing soon and the PC version being available. But it's nice for those who skipped out last gen and don't have a gaming PC.

I'm getting a ps4 for Bloodborne anyway so I might double dip on DS2. I just hope it runs 60 fps and gets the good lighting back.

Haunted

I would have hoped they would have done a complete collection edition.

Demon Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2

All remastered.

That would have been amazing.
Namco doesn't own Demon's Souls.

Same reason you'll never get a complete Crytek collection (Far Cry 1 -> Crysis 1-3), they don't own Far Cry.

Top Bottom