• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II Network Test | YOU DEFEATED

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So when the time comes for Europe later today how does one go about actually accessing the beta itself?

I have the beta ticket in my purchase history on my SEN account (on PC only) but how are the people in Japan actually activating the beta?

Does a download just appear when the time comes?

What exactly happens (thanks in advanced!).
Check your email linked to the PSN account if you dont have the email you were not selected.

Fireflu

Don't have any emails, will I get it later? Nearer to the time when the beta starts for Europe?

I thought if you had the beta ticket and were in Europe/Australia you were guaranteed to get in?

dmr87

So when the time comes for Europe later today how does one go about actually accessing the beta itself?

I have the beta ticket in my purchase history on my SEN account (on PC only) but how are the people in Japan actually activating the beta?

Does a download just appear when the time comes?

What exactly happens (thanks in advanced!).

If you were selected you got an email with a code, redeem that code and download the beta, when the servers goes live you can play.

I thought if you had the beta ticket and were in Europe/Australia you were guaranteed to get in?

The ticket was just a sign-up that you were interested in participating.

Hahaq8

tzgAAaz.jpg

What is that mean?

Fireflu

If you were selected you got an email with a code, redeem that code and download the beta, when the servers goes live you can play.

The ticket was just a sign-up that you were interested in participating.

O man that sucks!, I was so excited that I could barely sleep last night to finally try the game out :/. Thanks for the response anyway.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Watched my Dual Swordsmen footage - meh. I guess everything feels / is slower because of the agility stat being so low. Next time I'll try to only increase that and see how it feels, but as of now I'm not that into the control overall.

halfbeast

Banned
O man that sucks!, I was so excited that I could barely sleep last night to finally try the game out :/. Thanks for the response anyway.

did you try the beta page? we established that if you don't check the box for sony email spamapalooza, there's a chance you didn't receive the email, but might still be in.

the link to the beta page is somewhere here in the thread.

E92 M3

Good I think, but really dark. Things feel slower, but the animations are more flashy and the spells and deaths and such have more particles and so on. I didn't really notice much improvements, maybe because of the location, but if you look at details then it's more noticeable.

Also this is against NDA I guess but videos from the last beta are still on youtube so I'll try my luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EHNYXIc6lg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZEGcJXewt4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAzMzGUIXwg

First video is some Hunter footage, was just testing out the moving while shooting. Second two are attempts at the Chariot boss, whatever its name is. They were recorded after the 6 black phantoms died though, so you don't get to see their cool weapons (whips!)

I have another that's a full stage play through with the normal boss but it's like 2.5GB so yeah nowhere for that to go :v

That looks like a fun boss fight - definitely anxiety inducing. Seems like you have trigger some kind of road block - but that is just a logical guess.

Fireflu

did you try the beta page? we established that if you don't check the box for sony email spamapalooza, there's a chance you didn't receive the email, but might still be in.

the link to the beta page is somewhere here in the thread.

Checked SEN account and I did have the sony/3rd party email boxes unchecked, checked them now but not sure if that will make any difference.

Is this beta page your referring to this: http://beta.darksoulsii.com/us/schedule.html

halfbeast

Banned

halfbeast

Banned
So will people be able to post comments/videos or is there an NDA for you lucky people?

from the dark souls 2 faq page:

The Network Test Play Agreement forbids participants from publicly releasing images, video or other content from the network test via the Internet or any other media.

don't know if talking about it is considered "other content", but I'm sure some will tell us their experience anyway. :)

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I'm curious about one thing, does the Longsword still have a thrusting motion in its moveset (maybe the two-handed heavy attack)? It was my favorite weapon in DS, would hate to see it become useful only for slashing.

EU folks, are you still being told that your version is out of date? (Are we expecting an update to become available immediately before it goes live?)

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
If anyones interested:

Im streaming the closed beta network test live right now (server starts in 20 minutes).
http://www.twitch.tv/caelsus

(I hope thats not "self-advertising" lol, its just twitch, plus only a few people got in the beta)

Wait a second... What will happen if I use an AU account on the ps3? I just assumed you would only be able to access the content from the one user account.

Wait a second... What will happen if I use an AU account on the ps3? I just assumed you would only be able to access the content from the one user account.

Nothing I imagine, I've participated in multiple PS3 betas on my other profiles (I used to main a North American profile but live in the UK) and I have never had any issues.

Top Bottom