• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

This is gonna be a good weekend:

pzop.jpg

30572e9d.jpg

I have been playing the game nonstop since yesterday. So far the game exceeded my expectation and in my opinion it's better than the first game. The only annoying thing is the screen tearing (xbox360). The sequel has really improved in almost every aspect.

Doombear

This game is huge! So much to do.

Kind of why I don't mind watching these streams, there is a LOT to see. I am trying to look away during dialogue, or when he lingers on text descriptions and some bosses, area names, etc. I just know that a full one media blackout until Tuesday isn't happening with me so eff it.

Dark Souls Confessions:

I have never killed Priscilla. The second she asks me to leave I do. I don't have the heart to murder a peaceful creature in cold blood.

Wanchan

For anyone else who's playing the game, I need some help.

Fairly early spoilers
I just beat The Last Giant boss. Am I supposed to head to Hiede's landing next? It's the place with the giant armored guys. I'm having a hard time against them.

Also , when can I reverse hollowing? It keeps saying I can't burn the human effigy.

You're supposed to either go to Hiede, or find a use for the soldier key you just got from the last giant boss (hint : it opens more than 1 door). I've done Hiede + the area after before even killing the last giant boss so if you killed him, you can clearly handled Hiede.

You can reverse hollowing by using the human effigy the same way you use Estus Flask, you don't need bonfire to switch to human in DS2.

Kind of why I don't mind watching these streams, there is a LOT to see. I am trying to look away during dialogue, or when he lingers on text descriptions and some bosses, area names, etc. I just know that a full one media blackout until Tuesday isn't happening with me so eff it.

Yeah Im the same, The guy playing hasn't played it in depth either so we'll all still see new things etc, Just getting a feel for the game, No doubt when we play it we'll forget what we saw anyway

Daschysta

One thing I always wished DS did better was make archery builds more viable beyond just being for easy mode on bosses, glitching and drawing mobs. I know it would make balancing pvp difficult but for pve it would be really fun to play a hunter that way.

Sanctuary

Dark Souls Confessions:

I have never killed Priscilla. The second she asks me to leave I do. I don't have the heart to murder a peaceful creature in cold blood.

You missed out on one hell of a fight. And a pretty cheesy weapon as well.

One thing I always wished DS did better was make archery builds more viable beyond just being for easy mode on bosses, glitching and drawing mobs. I know it would make balancing pvp difficult but for pve it would be really fun to play a hunter that way.

Yeah. Archery is half-baked in both games. It basically plays like how a Tank in an MMORPG would use a bow.

Jobbs

Banned
Dark Souls Confessions:

First time I fought her was one of the more memorable fights for me in DkS. Watching those footprints...

So has there been any confirmations whether or not people can be invaded once the area boss has been defeated? This kills off so much PvP I wish it were gone. At the very least let us use Red Soap stones anywhere at anytime.

Pics_nao

I hate that I'm asking but can I get a link to the stream as well?

I might barely have the money for the game but I'm not holding my breath

Verelios

Dark Souls Confessions:

Wow, I didn't even need prodding. My reasoning went something like, since everything and everyone was trying to fuck or kill me, I shouldn't linger over those things. Kill them before they kill you; no one is your friend.

Except my Sunbros. But yeah, Gwyn was the starting point.

MilkBeard

If it was 0 fps it would need to be for more than a second, by definition :p

that's why I said 'close,' and 'nearly.' I can't remember if it was a whole second or like a third of a second. But the point is that it would freeze for... nearly a whole second.

nice try.

I have a question for people playing the game early,
I got the pyromancy gloves (after the boss in the sea ship) but I can't cast pyromancy or miracles yet, my character attunement level is 6, what is the attunement level required so I can equip miracles and pyromancy from bonfires?

Garcia

I have been playing the game nonstop since yesterday. So far the game exceeded my expectation and in my opinion it's better than the first game. The only annoying thing is the screen tearing (xbox360). The sequel has really improved in almost every aspect.

It seems to be that way judging by the majority of players and reviewers.

MilkBeard

Dark Souls Confessions:

I fought her later on for the Lifehunt Scythe, and then I was disappointed in it and reverted it back to the Great Scythe and felt bad that I killed her for it. I'm not doing that again....;(

SJRB

Gold Member
I do appreciate Gravelord Neato removing the transparant background in the OT, my eyes remain unscaved. For now. Very cool.

Dark Souls Confessions:

Yeah if not for trophy I would have just left her alone. I felt really bad for killing her. But I got to do what a trophy hunter has got to do hehe.

Seance

Banned
I have a question for people playing the game early,
I got the pyromancy gloves (after the boss in the sea ship) but I can't cast pyromancy or miracles yet, my character attunement level is 6, what is the attunement level required so I can equip miracles and pyromancy from bonfires?

Brohan

Do the BA edition also come with the normal plastic case? Doesn't look like it.

I think the black armor edition comes as both a metal case version and a plastic case version.

The webshop where i ordered had a ''Black armour edition day one version" which releases on the 11th instead on the 14th (i ordered this one) which has a metal case and there was a normal ''Black armor edition'' which had a plastic case and releases on the 14th (was a little cheaper as well).

From EU btw.

Hope this helps.

Ilive1up

any confirmation of a death counter in DS2?

would be cool to see how many times you died in a play through when you finally finish it.

I think the black armor edition comes as both a metal case version and a plastic case version.

The webshop where i ordered had a ''Black armour edition day one version" which releases on the 11th instead on the 14th (i ordered this one) which has a metal case and there was a normal ''Black armor edition'' which had a plastic case and releases on the 14th (was alittle cheaper a swell).

From EU btw.

Hope this helps.

Sweet. I'm getting the metal case too. Good thing I got extra plastic cases laying here that I can use so I won't have to wear down that metal case. Looks so damn nice.

Sanctuary

I do appreciate Gravelord Neato removing the transparant background in the OT, my eyes remain unscaved. For now. Very cool.

Wasn't so bad if you had the brown GAF theme. I had the white theme until the OP in this thread made it completely unbearabled. Switched to brown, problem fixed, but I do think it looks better now with the black background.

Well, I'm out. Time to watch Vikings and The Americans.

Facism

link to the stream, pls :D

Would be better if you put it in email tags and just linked back to whatever post contained the link :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom