• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
13919936563_20185e2a42_o.gif

On second thought, let's not go to Lordran. It is a silly place.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Oh is the Faraam Armor Set the ones used in the trailers and other promo material? Just got it. Looks cool. Kinda too heavy for my build though.

BTW, do you get any bonuses for wearing full sets? I never do, so I was unsure all these years of playing haha.

Oh is the Faraam Armor Set the ones used in the trailers and other promo material? Just got it. Looks cool. Kinda too heavy for my build though.

BTW, do you get any bonuses for wearing full sets? I never do, so I was unsure all these years of playing haha.

Yep, that's the promo set. Collecter's Edition even gets a statue of it. No bonus for a whole set, just #FashionSouls.

What is the white phantom doing with that crossbow

Grief.exe

As of page 400, here is the PC Wall of Shame

f1B0p3V.png

Y'all fools lucky I ducked out like a quarter of the way through my playthrough to avoid spoilers =p

I am far from ashamed.

I probably won't be very active in the community thread as I have essentially 100%'d the game and going to take a break.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Had my first invasion, bellbros assholes...

I had more than 50 invasions, before I could complete the section.
Its was a nightmare.

The best trick appears to be running till the fog gate and turning into Human at the last moment to check if there are any summon signs.

Is there anything in Belfry Sol? Just that black phantom and the stuff behind the wall of light?

I was somewhat disappointed with key you get near the end of Belfry Luna. It should've led to cooler loot

Jeramii

Banned
Is there anything in Belfry Sol? Just that black phantom and the stuff behind the wall of light?

I was somewhat disappointed with key you get near the end of Belfry Luna. It should've led to cooler loot

That key would have been extremely valuable had it not been for the lighting downgrade. If you run the game with any of the lighting mods (Wickfut especially), that key is essential for a certain boss fight. I tried this specific boss fight without using that key, and it was an absolute pain to see his movesets.

Typomancer

Neo Member
Wow, the thread is almost over. I’m almost done with NG at around 3.2 million soul memory, and of those souls only about 3000 were lost. Now the real fight begins.

upandaway

Finally got the game~! I see it has a steam code too which is neat. If I can just install it normally and not use Steam I'd rather do that though.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Are there any really good video tutorials just on fighting technique? I have a real problem with dodging attacks, I feel like I'm still in a very basic mode of dealing with enemies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
someone said that if you kill
Pursuer in NG+ when he swoops in at the start you still fight the duo later on
but...you dont :(

Myomoto

Are there any really good video tutorials just on fighting technique? I have a real problem with dodging attacks, I feel like I'm still in a very basic mode of dealing with enemies.

Get agility to 100 for more of less the maximum number of invincibility frames in your rolls (I think you get like 1 extra frame at 110 agility, so not really worth it to raise adaptability for that alone)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Is online play laggy for anyone else? At least half of my matches are total lagfests, and I have cross-region play disabled. It's not my connection. When it works well, it's smooth.

I was really confused because I couldn't find the final boss lol.
Turns out I
beat the Throne Keeper/Watcher before the Giant Lord so it didn't occur to me to check that place again.
I was also confused regarding
King Vendrick, I had one Giant Soul on me and the from the description I figured I was supposed to use it during the fight lol. Big mistake.

Was nice to hear Emi Evan's voice again.

Really loved the game. I'm impressed with its size and the amount of stuff there is to do.
Still have some optional bosses to beat.

Haunted

That lighting looks real nice, Alo. No light source means it should be fucking dark! :D

To adjust the flame glow and character halo glow without wrecking the rest of the lighting (it seems to be all tied in to the bloom, DoF glimmer, and the HDR adaption, which you've already noticed) you adjust the pointlightingcurveday/night a decimal point or two lower.

Or you can do what I do and just use the in-game brightness slider and knock it up one or two notches :)

Also, I've played up to Iron Keep with the mod on. I imagine the rest of the game is beatable too. Considering the amount of ambient light in the vanilla version, it's surprising how many sconces are near tunnels and dark alleyways. Everywhere that the game goes pitch black with the mod, there's a nearby sconce to help you.
After praising you for the excellent balance and darker areas earlier, I've entered Harvest Valley yesterday and I think... it's too dark. :D The skybox is overcast, but I don't think it's supposed to be nighttime, so I just feel it should be brighter in general, more akin to the Shaded Woods than Huntsman's Copse. Might try to go into some tweaking myself (haven't done any before).

Vitor711

I was really confused because I couldn't find the final boss lol.
Turns out I
beat the Throne Keeper/Watcher before the Giant Lord so it didn't occur to me to check that place again.
I was also confused regarding
King Vendrick, I had one Giant Soul on me and the from the description I figured I was supposed to use it during the fight lol. Big mistake.

Was nice to hear Emi Evan's voice again.

Really loved the game. I'm impressed with its size and the amount of stuff there is to do.
Still have some optional bosses to beat.

Those are literally all the mistakes I made.

Obtuse design like that was not appreciated, regardless of how much I enjoyed the rest of the game.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Is it lag or poor hit detection that results opponent and my attacks hitting when I or they are 3 or 4 feet out of range? Summoning has been awesome, but there's almost no point to pvp for me if the combat persists like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom