• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenebrous

It was super easy. So far the bosses have been easy AF the only one I have died to is the First boss, and that was because my controller cable broke. Everything after that no issues. DS2 was harder.

I know I'm not the first person to say it, but the bosses don't feel challenging at all compared to the normal enemies in the game. Sure, they have a bit more health, but they don't really attack at 120mph and are fairly easy to deal with. The first game was the other way around (mostly).

Early-mid game boss spoiler, swamp/forest area

Beat the abyss walkers. I should have went in again solo, but i ended up using a sunbro. Seemed to make the fight not very hard. That being said, I thought it was going to be a stupid fight with a bunch of strong enemies spawning over and over again. I usually co-op those because of how bad the targetting is in souls games. When it was just the single bad ass watcher with the flame sword I felt bad about it. Still, onwards.

I keep raising my faith, I'm sure it's wasting my character, but whatever.

Soulflarz

Banned
Test in under 30m

The dark souls of life

Beat the abyss walkers. I should have went in again solo, but i ended up using a sunbro. Seemed to make the fight not very hard. That being said, I thought it was going to be a stupid fight with a bunch of strong enemies spawning over and over again. I usually co-op those because of how bad the targetting is in souls games. When it was just the single bad ass watcher with the flame sword I felt bad about it. Still, onwards.

I keep raising my faith, I'm sure it's wasting my character, but whatever.

Might want to give context outside of the tag, only because it's impossible to tell where you are/if the tags are safe to click.
IE- in the forest <spoilertag> or, 1/3rd in, <spoiler>

jediyoshi

There's something hilarious about getting whooped by a boss several times in a row to the point of quitting, then coming back later and beating it on the first try.

I know I'm not the first person to say it, but the bosses don't feel challenging at all compared to the normal enemies in the game. Sure, they have a bit more health, but they don't really attack at 120mph and are fairly easy to deal with. The first game was the other way around (mostly).

There's a pretty significant jump in both area/boss difficulty about half way through. At least a lot of the people in the import thread thought so.

MoxManiac

Playing as a Herald and this game is kicking my ass. I never realized how easy DaS2 was (a game I mostly breezed through) until I started playing this game.

Ditched the spear for a long sword and doing better with that at least.

The Claymore is found at the very beginning under the
fire breathing drake
in the first area.

The Broadsword I picked up recently but can't remember where. It's in the 2nd or 3rd area.
Can you run under him on the top level? Only took the lower route so far and now I'm at work and can't try :/

Vitanimus

the knights that patrol the high wall are hard af. does parrying seem WAY harder this time?
vTJEmqx.gif

purg3

slept with Malkin
I'm pretty impressed with the collector's guide for the game. Previous ones were done by Future Press, and when I saw Prima was doing it for DS3 I was a bit disappointed.

Layout and info is good (I already finished the game) and they even kept the same external styling as the previous collectors guides so they all match.

Tenebrous

There's a pretty significant jump in both area/boss difficulty about half way through. At least a lot of the people in the import thread thought so.

I've just beaten
High Lord Wolnir.
Without spoiling anything, how far am I away from the supposed difficulty curve?

Yet to use a summon, which I'm kinda proud of. I felt like I had to replay Dark Souls to prove I could do the bosses without summons, which I did multiple times (including at SL1)... I really, really don't wanna summon in my first playthrough this time around.

Dawg

Who here is part of the shieldless community in Dark Souls 3?

Who here does not need a shield to face the horrors?

WHO HERE TWO HANDED SWORD BRO?!

I'm pretty impressed with the collector's guide for the game. Previous ones were done by Future Press, and when I saw Prima was doing it for DS3 I was a bit disappointed.

Layout and info is good (I already finished the game) and they even kept the same external styling as the previous collectors guides so they all match.

Glad to hear this actually. Mine CE guide arrives tomorrow, but I've heard no say in its quality. Glad Prima kept the same style as the previous guides. Love my DS2 CE guide.

Can you run under him on the top level? Only took the lower route so far and now I'm at work and can't try :/

You'll have to suicide, but what I did was sneak up the stairs slowly and then just charge up and grab it. I was hit by the flame first and had to roll over and snag it. It is in the back corner.

I've just beaten
High Lord Wolnir.
Without spoiling anything, how far am I away from the supposed difficulty curve?

Yet to use a summon, which I'm kinda proud of. I felt like I had to replay Dark Souls to prove I could do the bosses without summons, which I did multiple times (including at SL1)... I really, really don't wanna summon in my first playthrough this time around.

The area after that boss is where most people agree is where the difficulty spike is.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
OK now what the fuck, the
Knight guys in black armour right next to the Farron Keep bonfire that always agro in pairs, how the hell do you deal with them? One at a time would be hard.

Tenebrous

People been posing that view on the chans since the JP launch as a reason why the game sucks.
It isn't the best look for the game.

People can cherry pick screenshots like that for any game out there. I've been legitimately surprised by just how damn beautiful this game is, and an area I can't even visit that I have to go looking for isn't going to change my mind on that.

The area after that boss is where most people agree is where the difficulty spike is.

Then I better up my game. Woo!

OK now what the fuck, the
Knight guys in black armour right next to the Farron Keep bonfire that always agro in pairs, how the hell do you deal with them? One at a time would be hard.

Those things that put up that dark hand shield? You can ignore them.

Soodanim

Tree boss
is getting on my tits. Giant bosses that you have to be far away from to see but they don't stay vulnerable enough for you to not stay close are just annoying every time. Chaos from 1, anybody?

Sanctuary

Is there a way to unlock the door that looks like it leads to another elevator at the High Wall of Lothric? It's
on the same floor where the two-handed axe wielder is, before the path that leads you to the thief you free with the cell key. Essentially three floors down from the second bonfire.

NEO0MJ

Still barely four hours into it but they're offering a lot of weapons early in the game. I like it, allows you to check out a good number of base weapons before deciding which fits your style best and where to invest you titanite.

Jobbs

Banned
Still barely four hours into it but they're offering a lot of weapons early in the game. I like it, allows you to check out a good number of base weapons before deciding which fits your style best and where to invest you titanite.

1. use broadsword
  2. upgrade it and stuff
  3. rek

Tenebrous

Yeah I've been really happy with weapon (and shield) variety so far. The special attacks just add that extra bit of flare to an already impressive arsenal, and improves the replayability over previous games, I bet... I'm totally going to do a whip playthrough at some point.

Joey Ravn

Banned
In Dark Souls 1, I played a STR build with kickass Pyromancy to cheese everything, since it didn't scale off anything but the upgrades to the Pyro Flame.

I would like to play a similar character in Dark Souls 3: mainly melee with Pyromancy as a secondary attack. How should I start building my character? Should I go DEX or STR?

Daft Punk

Banned
ARRGH. Fuck this
Dragon tentacle dude on the roof! The roof is too small to really engage him and his tentacles obscure the screen so I can't get a good read on his attacks. I tried luring him back to the ladder to drop attack on him and he grabbed me off the ladder.
:/

Lakitu

st5fu
Need help on how to get to an item in the R
oad of
S
acrifices

There's an old
ruined keep area with some sages and there's an item on top of some broken stairs but I have no idea how to get there. I've looked all over. And there's a a locked door by the knight which has a crystal lizard there. Where do I go to unlock it? Farron Keep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom