• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Fuck I wish I checked to see if this had cloud saves before coming to work..!

cBj1LTf.png

1: You get the key from an NPC in Firelink eventually, it's the guy who gives you the broken redeye orbs at first, leaning against the biggest of the 5 thrones.

2: You can buy the key required from the Handmaid in Firelink for 1500 souls, but the door you need to open is located in the sewers near the giant rat, then you loop around to the cell.

Awesome, thanks.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
So let me get this straight. Some areas only allow you to summon two players and other areas allow you to summon three? There is no consistency? :(

Okay the
Nameless King
is a garbage boss fight. Aesthetically awesome, but the camera is the most challenging part, it's fucking completely spastic

Jobbs

Banned
Sitting in utter indecision about what to go with.

Anyone know much about luck? How good is poison? Is it a trash stat as I suspect?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
There were 2 doors I couldn't figure out how to open in the first 2 area's.

1st:
Under the 2nd bonfire you descend a ladder. There is a locked gate I can't open and a pat the Greirat cell. How do you open that locked gate?

2nd:
At the end of the Undead Village area before you enter the chapel. Behind the NPC sitting at a fire with the giant hammer (I forget his name), there is a little cave entrance with a locked door. There appears to be an NPC inside.

If they are late game spoilers don't tell me anything, but if they are accessible now, please help. Thanks.

1. I found a key descending far down into the level. There's a lower level of sorts with a few axe guys and dogs patrolling.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Sitting in utter indecision about what to go with.

Anyone know much about luck? How good is poison? Is it a trash stat as I suspect?

don't level Luck

This should be a PSA, basically. Unless you have a very specific build in mind already, DO NOT LEVEL LUCK.

Also, wear armor. That shit gives a flat % damage reduction in every slot, regardless of the armor's defensive stats. It's something like 20% for a chest piece, ANY chest piece. Wear armor in every slot even if it's trash.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay the
Nameless King
is a garbage boss fight. Aesthetically awesome, but the camera is the most challenging part, it's fucking completely spastic
Learn how to dynamically change the camera angle and know when to disable lock on.

Okay the
Nameless King

It's one of those fights where you're better off not locking on for the majority of the time, only lock on when he flies off to strafe you.

Jobbs

Banned
don't level Luck

This should be a PSA, basically. Unless you have a very specific build in mind already, DO NOT LEVEL LUCK.

Also, wear armor. That shit gives a flat % damage reduction in every slot, regardless of the armor's defensive stats. It's something like 20% for a chest piece, ANY chest piece. Wear armor in every slot even if it's trash.

Picking thief starting class seems unwise if luck is as trash as we suspect

Jamiaro

There were 2 doors I couldn't figure out how to open in the first 2 area's.

1st:
Under the 2nd bonfire you descend a ladder. There is a locked gate I can't open and a pat the Greirat cell. How do you open that locked gate?

2nd:
At the end of the Undead Village area before you enter the chapel. Behind the NPC sitting at a fire with the giant hammer (I forget his name), there is a little cave entrance with a locked door. There appears to be an NPC inside.

If they are late game spoilers don't tell me anything, but if they are accessible now, please help. Thanks.

No late-game things there.

1.)
You get the key from an NPC in Firelink Shrine, near the top throne.

2.)
You find some Ashes in the area where the Huge Arrows are falling down. You take the ashes to the Shrine merchant, and you can a Key which opens a door in the sewer with some small rats and 1 big one hiding in the mist. Open the door and proceed.

fozzy

Seems like a lot of people are getting crashes before that game can either start, or at bonfires.

I've tried verifying cache. All settings low. Windowed mode. Can't get in to the game after making my character.

I took time off work for this shit.

Edit - Seems I had an unstable OC on GPU.

Jobbs

Banned
Knight is honestly such a solid pick for stat distribution into any type of char with only 7 luck and the best starting gear

co1onel

I'm loving the game so far. Lothric wall is absolutely beautiful. First two bosses were fun. Combat feels nice and fluid, more similar to dks1 than 2. I'm loving the spear again. Can't wait to play some more tomorrow.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This still not unlocked in the UK? I bought it yesterday and it downloaded the theme and soundtrack - went into the store and it says 'purchased' but when I hit download it says 'we're sorry, this product cannot be purchased at this time (WC-40360-3)'

edit: Managed to push it via the web download list. Weird because that didn't work yesterday. oh well now I wait.

Ruff

Giving this a go as my first souls game

It's s weird to not have the slightest clue where to go. Hell, even the menus were harder than the average game because it labels everything with PS4 buttons when i'm on PC so figuring out that shit is a boss fight of its own.

:l

Ogawa-san

Farron Keep...

W-H-Y

I really could do with a Souls game without the obligatory zone that makes me want to kill myself. Poison, curse, slow walking, jumping enemies that can one-shot you... At least spread out the annoyance, don't pack them all together.

So is it me or the start of the game where you see the bushes and trees show this very jarring ghost blur? I swear i see it when moving the camera at every time i see this

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Farron Keep...

W-H-Y

I really could do with a Souls game without the obligatory zone that makes me want to kill myself. Poison, curse, slow walking, jumping enemies that can one-shot you... At least spread out the annoyance, don't pack them all together.

Sprint through everything, do what you need to, run out and never look back.

Surprisingly simple like this, actually, lol.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Is the
lothric knight sword
any good? Don't know what to commit to as my early weapon and it definitely is pretty.

Fuck I wish I checked to see if this had cloud saves before coming to work..!

cBj1LTf.png

wait what!? it doesn't have cloud saving?

This is gash, I started it on my laptop and will be moving between it and my desk a lot, is the only solution to manually carry my save about with me?

ssss

Neo Member
Does anyone have the PSN USA version of this game? Could anyone confirm in you could play with Spanish subtitles?

Thank you very much!

Without spoilers, how is the difficulty?
I always found DS much harder than DS2 and I'm curious how this one compares to both.

(Gonna dive in tonight btw)

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
wait what!? it doesn't have cloud saving?

This is gash, I started it on my laptop and will be moving between it and my desk a lot, is the only solution to manually carry my save about with me?

I guess so! Unless you setup some auto folder backup/update solution.

Played until 3am last night got into work booted it up and had to start again. Ah well I guess the temptation wont be there to play today I guess!

Mandelbo

So let me get this straight. Some areas only allow you to summon two players and other areas allow you to summon three? There is no consistency? :(

You should be able to summon a third phantom by using dried fingers, but that also allows an extra invader to come through too.

Rizzi

I have not figured out how to open illusory doors. I keep seeing messages with high ratings telling me that there's on in front of me, but neither hitting it or interacting with it works.

aravuus

Whooh, second boss was actually very easy. Surprising, I figured I was gonna try him once or twice solo and then summon help, but he went down just like that.

Not sure why it was so hard for me before.

I guess so! Unless you setup some auto folder backup/update solution.

Played until 3am last night got into work booted it up and had to start again. Ah well I guess the temptation wont be there to play today I guess!

That's really annoying, I guess I can probably use in home streaming to solve this issue for me but I'd rather be playing it on the local machine then streaming it. Better take a USB drive home from work.

Jobbs

Banned
I have not figured out how to open illusory doors. I keep seeing messages with high ratings telling me that there's on in front of me, but neither hitting it or interacting with it works.

attack the wall to reveal

I wouldn't be surprised if people left the occasional troll message

Mandelbo

They're probably bullshitting you then :p
You have to hit illusory walls to open them this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom