• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaekeem

question for those that have beat the game

once i get to the prison with all the experiments is my next step supposed to be profaned capital? (where yhorm is I think?) I thought my next target was aldrich Lol.

Neoweee

Any tips for (Undead Settlement spoiler)
those fat witches with the maces in Undead Settlement? I haven't been able to kill a single one, and it's infuriating when I'm trying to find the shortcut after the big fire demon thing I beat with onion dude and there's two of them there. I lost my souls because they hit me through a wall and knocked me off the building.

How much Vigor do you have? How much damage reduction do you have? Have you upgraded your weapon at all yet?

(MID-GAME PROGRESSION SPOILERS)

once i get to the prison with all the experiments is my next step supposed to be profaned capital? (where yhorm is I think?) I thought my next target was aldrich Lol.

(MID-GAME PROGRESSION SPOILERS)

You can do either those two in either order.

ScribbleD

The path splits there, if I recall correctly. You can tackle either one at your leisure.

purg3

slept with Malkin
A lot of shortcuts as well. It really depends on the area.

That usually resolves in a while lol. Did you already do all of the rings and such?

Not yet, I was working on picking up all the spells I could in NG before moving to NG+, I messed up a couple of NPC quests. I think I found a good portion of the rings besides the covenant ones so far.

Any tips for (Undead Settlement spoiler)
those fat witches with the maces in Undead Settlement? I haven't been able to kill a single one, and it's infuriating when I'm trying to find the shortcut after the big fire demon thing I beat with onion dude and there's two of them there. I lost my souls because they hit me through a wall and knocked me off the building.

You could try to use a bow to cheese them/at least separate them? I think I just ran up to them and somehow managed to kill them on my first try so that's definitely doable with a dex dodge build as well, but might require some luck.

ScribbleD

ah ok thx

It hought I had messed up or something, good to know I got some flexibility to explore around

The branch is actually pretty extensive. For instance,
You could do 3 Lords and then Dancer, or you can kill the old woman in Dancer's room and fight Dancer before you even fight Vordt. After Dancer is dealt with, a new path opens up in that room that leads to a later game area.

Vuze

Damn,
Yhorm
was quite the joke with
Siegward
autospawning and wrecking him. Well, free 36k souls ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What was his business with the boss anyway?

jaekeem

The branch is actually pretty extensive. For instance,
You could do 3 Lords and then Dancer, or you can kill the old woman in Dancer's room and fight Dancer before you even fight Vordt. After Dancer is dealt with, a new path opens up in that room that leads to a later game area.

wern't people complaining about it being too linear? wtf

I'm so sad. I pre-ordered the game from basedotcom (UK) some months ago. Now they're out of stock and waiting to get more copies. This sucks.

Well, at least the game is selling nicely when they're out of stock. Good for From.

dmr87

Gotta love my Youtube feed right now, "RARE ARMOR SETS" with images in the thumbnail, "HOW TO X" with a (SPOILERS) in the end. Thanks I've already read it. Cough Gamespot. Also unsubscribed from another one that had vomited out like 10 videos with guides containing spoilers.

Watch out GAF.

Off to work then when I get home it's round 2 of Souls week.

onionfrog

Which enemies drop titanite shards early in the game?

I just beat the boss in the high wall of lothric.

I'd heard that the
soldiers with giant tentacle monsters sprouting of their back
are supposed to drop them but I haven't gotten any from them aside from the very first one I killed.

Neoweee

You can do *some* things out of order. Nobody is calling the game completely linear.

(PROGRESSION SPOILER, NO NAMES)
A door to the next area is locked until you are supposed to be there.

Most of the sequence break gives you access to two very small optional zones.

ScribbleD

In terms of world design it is more linear than Dark Souls, maybe even a bit more than Dark Souls 2 where you had a bunch of spokes branching off from Majula. That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of forks. Individual levels are also extremely well designed and sprawling as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cool, made a nice little chunk of progress. Got another estus shard (up to 6 flasks now), got my estus +1 enhancement aswell, and gave a thing so the shrine old lady has more stuff in stock and bought a
undead settlement sewer
key (which is the zone im in anyway).

granted all those things were close together but still, feels nice to explore :)

im shocked those
giant death spears dont target you, when I was watching the quicklook Brad said that he befriended whoever was chucking them and thats why he didnt get hit, but he doesnt target me from the start?

charsace

Got groceries, brought fiance a shake at work.

on couch.

diet pepsi

rebel two

action

My butchers knife + 3 is slaughtering fools. That speed. That range. Oh yes. Fits my hybrid herald build perfectly, except for the aesthetics.

Game gets so, so much better once you get inside the cathedral of the deep. it's fucking incredible in here. very souls 1 feeling.
Raw Astora Straight Sword is the way.

Welp, 6 bosses down is a good start I guess. This game definitely feels a lot more boss sparse than Souls 2 did. I think even Souls 1 had you tripping over bosses a little more frequently than this. Part of the feeling's doubtless just from wandering around
Cathedral of the Deep for two hours after having defeated Deacons, thinking there was a way forward I hadn't found.
Oops. Damn cool game so far, regardless. Looking forward to playing more of it, but for now, it's time to hit the hay.

jaekeem

Welp, 6 bosses down is a good start I guess. This game definitely feels a lot more boss sparse than Souls 2 did. I think even Souls 1 had you tripping over bosses a little more frequently than this. Part of the feeling's doubtless just from wandering around
Cathedral of the Deep for two hours after having defeated Deacons, thinking there was a way forward I hadn't found.
Oops. Damn cool game so far, regardless. Looking forward to playing more of it, but for now, it's time to hit the hay.

yea I had a similar feeling after beating them

"this is it for this location? it can't be"

Xone9

Banned
This game is owning me... Bloodborne was much easier... and thats not saying much. It took me look 15 tries to beat that ice shard dude on the tutorial level, then it took me about 20 times to beat the first main boss.

But I love it.

I decided to just keep getting souls and leveling my dude up instead of progressing.

ALienware 15R2 laptop here... runs buttery smooth at 1080p.... (980m video card with 8gb ram)

In the one time ever I did something smart I immediately read the description then went back to firelink.
Anri
was there and explained that you need head to
the keep
. I haven't actually found the door yet though.

Man I hate that place.

DSmalls84

Can't decide between the Knight and Warrior. What stats should strength builds prioritize and where do the stats tend to cap out? First Dark Souls game but I played Bloodborne.

Feeroper

Okay - I'm waiting to get home to play, but for those of you who have been playing the last couple weeks, can I get some advice?

I am considering playing 1st play through as Knight or Pyromancer - any suggestions which is better? I've been reading that magic is not very powerful to start.

Secondly, the burial gift I am considering is the life ring or fire gem (maybe white branch) depending on the class I go with. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Kaibutsu

It's funny how every time I play one of these games I always have these plans to go more finesse or more magic and every time I end up going straight, vanilla, sword & shield knight... I did it again

Audioboxer

Okay - I'm waiting to get home to play, but for those of you who have been playing the last couple weeks, can I get some advice?

I am considering playing 1st play through as Knight or Pyromancer - any suggestions which is better? I've been reading that magic is not very powerful to start.

Secondly, the burial gift I am considering is the life ring or fire gem (maybe white branch) depending on the class I go with. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I switched from Knight and quality to Pyro. Loving it.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
If I wanna get a Paladin with lance kinda thing going, would Herald be the way to go? Are there good lances throughout the game?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Do Covenants matter?
I can offer a Vertebra Shackle at this alter after killing the boss, should I?

NVM it won't let me.

Jintor

PC version recognises I have a 360 controller attached (all menu icons etc change to A and B, RB/LB etc) but isn't accepting inputs. What gives?

/edit guess i have to update the drivers? hope that's all

GulAtiCa

Love the main menu music!

Spent about an hour & half last night playing. Beat the 1st boss. Took me like 3 tries.
The 1st stage was easy enough to dodge, even with him being fast! But 2nd form gave me some trouble. Just threw fireballs at him to killed him

TitusTroy

I finished the first 2 bosses and still haven't found a good STR weapon...I'm still using the Warrior starting class weapon- Battle Axe...I found the Uchigatana but that's more of a DEX weapon...did I miss something (don't tell me where it is though)?

Quikies83

I finished the first 2 bosses and still haven't found a good STR weapon...I'm still using the Warrior starting class weapon- Battle Axe...I found the Uchigatana but that's more of a DEX weapon...did I miss something (don't tell me where it is though)?
There's a Deep Battle Axe that you missed. Probably better than anything you currently have.

Which enemies drop titanite shards early in the game?

I just beat the boss in the high wall of lothric.

I'd heard that the
soldiers with giant tentacle monsters sprouting of their back
are supposed to drop them but I haven't gotten any from them aside from the very first one I killed.

There is another one
near the shortcut back to the first bonfire

Kaibutsu

There is a broadsword and some halberds but I think that is it in the first area? Oh you also get a sword drop from a knight

There's a Deep Battle Axe that you missed. Probably better than anything you currently have.

Hmm, I can't remember if I got that or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom