• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

mulac

Just started my Strength build on PS4 (main game) and DAMN if this isn't a perfect blend of BB, DS and DS1. Got up to Firelink and levelled up then shutdown as early start in the morning.

Also grabbed on PC to have some fun with classes so I can see me starting a sorcerer class and deprived soon!

Guess that's it for literally every other game being released this year...GOTY sorted.

Auctopus

The more I play the more I realise bloodborne Is the better game. The catacombs in ds3 sucks ass.

I feel like you're trying to make the comparison here because the textures are similar to chalice dungeons.

The more you play, the more you should realise that Bloodborne and Souls shouldn't be compared.

OK. Quick stupid question, is the very first area called "Cemetery of [insert player name]" or is it "Cemetery of Ash" and I just lucked out with my name choice? I'm assuming it's the former, but Cemetery of Ash has a good ring to it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
How to bandai namco , upload launch trailer showing every boss area, and ofc the ending cutscene

It's somewhat fitting, just based on the way they handled the launch of this game...

Quick question, US console versions are they at Reg 1.03?

Man, that is so dumb.

Hey Trance, are you still playing using the JP marketplace version but in English? Were you having any luck with invasions or summons?

Zocano

First thing I did was make a bunch of messages around firelink hinting at future questlines and secrets

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How's the prima strategy guide for this game? I'm going to pick it up at GameStop later. Just like them for seeing what items I may have missed. I've had the game for a few weeks now just haven't played it much.

E92 M3

It's somewhat fitting, just based on the way they handled the launch of this game...

Quick question, US console versions are they at Reg 1.03?

Hey Trance, are you still playing using the JP marketplace version but in English? Were you having any luck with invasions or summons?

Yeah, I am playing on that copy lol. Invasions were difficult, but as it got closer to launch I was invading more and more. I'd imagine today would be a lot easier to get matched.

And yes, it's 1.03

purg3

slept with Malkin
How's the prima strategy guide for this game? I'm going to pick it up at GameStop later. Just like them for seeing what items I may have missed. I've had the game for a few weeks now just haven't played it much.

Same here, I've had the game for few weeks now, but I'm going to pick it up since I have the collector's guides for the previous games. Not too thrilled it isn't being done by Future like the others.

Yeah, I am playing on that copy lol. Invasions were difficult, but as it got closer to launch I was invading more and more. I'd imagine today would be a lot easier to get matched.

And yes, it's 1.03

True, I got one right away this morning but it's been slow going. I'm sure it will pick up once more people in the US catch up. Probably going to start a fresh character today.

FaintDeftone

Oh why do I have to work today? :(

I'm seriously thinking about double dipping on PC even though I have it preordered on PS4. Hopefully CDkeys will be selling it at sub $40 soon.

w0s

Are titanite shards and the like more plentiful this go around (without needing to get far in to the game to purchase them)? I have my long sword at +2 but haven't really found anything better yet but certainly don't want to waste all my titanite.

E92 M3

Same here, I've had the game for few weeks now, but I'm going to pick it up since I have the collector's guides for the previous games. Not too thrilled it isn't being done by Future like the others.

True, I got one right away this morning but it's been slow going. I'm sure it will pick up once more people in the US catch up. Probably going to start a fresh character today.

Also, if you want to share items for the achievements let me know. We can knock it out real fast later lol.

oh
I have a test after lunch you say?

RIP me playing DS3 for a bit

...ditching tests is irresponsible, right

Yes, very much so. One time I ditched a physiology exam to play a game (very dumb) and had to beg the professor to let me take it later lol.

ScribbleD

Drink deep of his beauty.

Tv4xHp7.jpg

Wx6hngB.jpg

Fonds

oh
I have a test after lunch you say?

RIP me playing DS3 for a bit

...ditching tests is irresponsible, right

Did you study for the test? If you didn't I'd say the ship has sailed on passing.

Souls time!

The author of this post does not condone irresponsible behaviour in any shape or form.

taybul

I help any time.

Does this guy actually stop firing at you after this encounter? I was running through and he was still launching but I'm pretty sure it was at the enemies. Didn't stick around to see if he really stopped attacking me.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yes, very much so. One time I ditched a physiology exam to play a game (very dumb) and had to beg the professor to let me take it later lol.
F-fine

I've missed a midterm from sleeping in, only class I missed this semester!
Showed up to his office hours
"Oh, hey Soul, I was waiting for you to show up! Do you want to make up that midterm now, or does later today work?"
"W-wait, I'm not in trouble?!"
"No? Why would you be? Midterms suck, they're arguably worse than finals at times!"

And I never learned my lesson :')

Did you study for the test? If you didn't I'd say the ship has sailed on passing.

Souls time!

The author of this post does not condone irresponsible behaviour in any shape or form.

Plenty and it's an easy test

aaa fine. I'll study in my 9am today and study till the test, then play souls 3pm-1am :3

Zocano

Does this guy actually stop firing at you after this encounter? I was running through and he was still launching but I'm pretty sure it was at the enemies. Didn't stick around to see if he really stopped attacking me.

He stops firing at *you*

Elixist

im diggin this ish. that smoov 60 feelsgoodman. i miss the lights in the eyes of alot of the mobs from 1 like the skeletons and zombies, made em feel more alive to me i guess like that's their soul and when u kill them the lights go out.

Audioboxer

Drink deep of his beauty.

Tv4xHp7.jpg

Wx6hngB.jpg

lol.

By the way I know there is a lot of debate over equip load, and just staying under < 70%. I can say the i-frames from under 30% (and I assume staggered up to ~60%) definitely do help. 1st boss was really easy to dodge on my Pyro at 29%. Much easier than my Knight.

Light armour builds shouldn't feel too helpless. Learning to dodge with more i-frames will be a good thing.

Ogawa-san

Out of pure curiosity, what'd be the proper way to deal with this? Light Farron Keep spoilers.

http://i.imgur.com/LGYrLS6.jpg

I ran for it and promptly died, of course. I mean, you're poisoned, encumbered by mud, and two hits away from dying by anything they do.

And just to reiterate: fuck Farron Keep in every possible way. I hope everyone involved in designing it step on the sharpest lego ever made.

PerZona

Just started the game and defeated the first boss, so far so good. I'm really enjoying the game. It's gameplay is at a much faster pace, plays like Bloodborne and I love it. Not to mention the art style of this game, really gorgeous!

purg3

slept with Malkin
Also, if you want to share items for the achievements let me know. We can knock it out real fast later lol.

My achievements are fucked up right now. I have 5 that say 100% complete but are still locked. One of them is the very first one for getting to a bonfire lol...It's been like that since I got the game. Rest are for a few sub bosses and covenants.

E92 M3

Uh oh. I don't want that, I want shortcuts dammit.

A lot of shortcuts as well. It really depends on the area.

My achievements are fucked up right now. I have 5 that say 100% complete but are still locked. One of them is the very first one for getting to a bonfire lol...It's been like that since I got the game. Rest are for a few sub bosses and covenants.

That usually resolves in a while lol. Did you already do all of the rings and such?

Any tips for (Undead Settlement spoiler)
those fat witches with the maces in Undead Settlement? I haven't been able to kill a single one, and it's infuriating when I'm trying to find the shortcut after the big fire demon thing I beat with onion dude and there's two of them there. I lost my souls because they hit me through a wall and knocked me off the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom