• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nixsls

Neo Member
The first boss before
Firelink Shrine
was a piece of cake....but God damn those
beast hollows (with that large black snake coming out of them),
I was dying like a guinea pig at the
High Wall of Lothric
because of that guy xD Is there any special tactic against them, because those fuckers have an answer to everything....I know that they're vulnerable to firebombs, but what to do when I'm out of those xD

If you're fast enough you can kill them before they transform.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No, you can always respec. 1 point is nothing. Just don't go too far off path just to try something as I'm not sure how early respecing opens up. Got a bit frustrated doing that on my 1st quality playthrough (which I've abandoned early). Went nuts to get a spear working, then found it boring. Although good damage, and it looked sweet, didn't enjoy it all that much.

Poke..poke...poke...meh.

its horrible, hate its attacks. Oh well, its 1 point (and I can respec later like you said anyway)

High Wall of Lothric
was shorter than expected for a first Souls game zone, although there were a few locked doors I didnt open

This is my first souls game and I'm getting my ass handed to me. Took me about 10 tries to beat the first tutorial boss.
katana guy
is wrecking me as expected but I'll give it a go again tomorrow. It's frustrating but addictive as fuck.

If you're fast enough you can kill them before they transform.

Damn didn't know that, I thought that the transformation couldn't be avoided, I will keep this in mind from now on :D

Also, only 2h in and I'm already loving it! (only played the first DS on PC for about 14h in preparation for this, definitely payed off)

Just started and i'm in early lothric and loving the lothric knights armour with the cape.

(Starting item spoiler) (
managed to get it with the gold coin starting equipment)

(Small weapon spoiler)
Also got the unchigatana drop from that guy near firelink.

Audioboxer

How is the uchigatana? Just killed the guy outside firelink but have to go to work now :( I put enough enough points into Dex already for it.

It's good, but what is your end game build idea? It's a dex weapon through and through. Also benefits from bleed/luck. Unless you plan on using dex I wouldn't stat yourself out for it early as you will sacrifice points that could go into health/other stats.

It's a powerful early weapon but there's a few decent weapons early suited to various builds.

Saint9806

The
Cursed Rotted Tree
was giving me fits. I would get to it's 3rd form and didn't know where to attack. I had to watch a Youtube video to figure it out. Pretty easy after that.

It's good, but what is your end game build idea? It's a dex weapon through and through. Also benefits from bleed/luck. Unless you plan on using dex I wouldn't stat yourself out for it early as you will sacrifice points that could go into health/other stats.

It's a powerful early weapon but there's a few decent weapons early suited to various builds.
I'm still undecided. I've always done str builds in DS. Maybe Dex to change it up. Still not sure but it was only a couple points anyway.

ramyeon

Man,
Crystal Sage
really took it out of me. Took him down but my heart was racing up until that final blow. Probably need to call it a day now - good effort for launch day I think - up to
Farron's Keep

Neoweee

How do you play Offline? I don't have time for people to invade my game and then run clear on to the other side of the zone.

If you're going to invade someone, actually try to fight them for the sake of your time and theirs. This is ridiculous.

derFeef

On one hand I want to give a dex build a shot and do dual wielding, on the other hand a great sword looks awesome, herald seems like my jam, pyro I loved in DS1 and a good halberd I love even more so.
I am ended before I even start.

Demoskinos

Why are the color palettes for the character creator such shit?

I wanted to create platinum blonde hair for my character but it seems that light colors don't work to well in the creator. The way the skin colors work is really weird as well.

Geist-

How do you play Offline? I don't have time for people to invade my game and then run clear on to the other side of the zone.

If you're going to invade someone, actually try to fight them for the sake of your time and theirs. This is ridiculous.
It's in the settings. You can just switch to offline mode.
Why are the color palettes for the character creator such shit?

I wanted to create platinum blonde hair for my character but it seems that light colors don't work to well in the creator. The way the skin colors work is really weird as well.
I had the same problem. Platinum hair doesn't seem very bright on my character and there's no way to make it any brighter.

dealer-

The best tactic for most bosses is no panic dodging. If you get hit don't press anything as you will probably roll into another attack due to button queuing.

Audioboxer

The best tactic for most bosses is no panic dodging. If you get hit don't press anything as you will probably roll into another attack due to button queuing.

Yup. Also some bosses have a fairly big wind up, not always wise to dodge the second they flinch. They have pretty insane lockon tracking so if you roll too early they'll smack you whilst you're rolling.

Tutorial boss is a good example of this.

It'll require some investment to really get good is what I'm hinting at. Although you could always just make it a fire uchigatana early on.
I haven't really had enough time to check out the details and now I'm on my way to work ;( Do you buy the mat from the blacksmith to make it fire or is it something that drops? I saw it was a starting item but I went with the life ring.

How do you get the
quiet resolve
gesture? I did what it said on the wiki
talk to Horace at the Halfway Fortress
but it didn't do anything.

brainslug

Man, the (early-game boss)
Curse-rotted Greatwood
fight was such bullshit. Not really a fan of these kind of
huge bosses, with only one weak spot

Also, I can't summon ANYBODY. I see a lot of summon signs all over, but I always get "unable to summon" message. I've tried like 20-30 times. Playing on EU PSN.

E92 M3

I have my CE for PS4 coming today. As soon as I get all of the achievements on Xbox, I'll move over to PS4. Hopefully don't have to farm as much with the servers on.

rdytoroll

There are a lot of people that summon for their first time against a boss. Did not expect that. But its kinda cool from my POV, sharing that experience with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom