• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)

Hmmm not sure downsampling is working for me.

Usually when I downsample, and take a screenshot. The screenshot comes out in 2560x1440 and then I have to shop it down.

Here, screenshots come out in 1080p, also doesn't look as sharp as when I generally downsample. Leads me to believe its not working. Any advice?

I believe the scaling is being done in game so your shots should be come out at 1080p.

Sethos

Banned

Usually when I downsample, and take a screenshot. The screenshot comes out in 2560x1440 and then I have to shop it down.

Here, screenshots come out in 1080p, also doesn't look as sharp as when I generally downsample. Leads me to believe its not working. Any advice?

Because you're downsampling the frame buffer with this method, not the 'entire game'.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Just set the in game resolution to 2560x1440 as well. If it's not an option then just create a custom resolution in Nvidia control panel or whatever ATI uses.

Teknoman

I'm seeing good performance setting the internal to 1920×1200, (my screen res is 1440x900). Of course my monitor isnt that big (17in), so could I just set the internal at a lower resolution, getting more consistent performance without much of a visual change?

One thing, if i have resolution on 1440x900 i've to istall that mod or it's useless?

Definitely not useless, its still incredibly sharp.

Durante, little request. Is it possible to integrate a borderless windowed mode? I know there are tiny scripts out there but it'd be great to have that all in one Dark Souls improver.

Teknoman

No it will look sharper, and you can set the internal resolution higher than your monitors and supersample.

Does the resolution you choose have to match your aspect ratio?

EDIT: Wish I could get rid of the black bars. I'll get used to it like Dragon's Dogma, but it still makes the screen feel...smaller.

1440 x 900 is almost twice the resolution as 1024 x 720 and the fact that the aspect ratio doesn't match and the wacky pre-upscale to 1280x720 before upscaling to your native resolution means this mod should pretty much be used by everyone even if you are playing at 1280x720.

Grief.exe

Ya I just confirmed downsampling is working for me.

mod removed: 10% gpu usage (wow take off the mod and run around a bit, makes you really appreciate Durante).

Mod set to render at 1080p: 18% usage

Mod set to render at 1440p: 35% usage

Scales linearly like Durante said initially, just not used to Downsampling like this so wanted to verify that it was working correctly.

volturnus

Banned
I think Durante gave a considerable boost to sales, judging by comments over several forums and game key stores.
Namco should really reward in some way, not only because he deserves, but as way of making PR better after this fiasco.

kinggroin

Banned
May i ask how u are running 3d in 60hz? i dont think i can do that on my monitor....

Also are you using a program to launch it in 3d or just setting it to 2d > 3d on ur monitor or something?

I know for my projector, I just use Nvidia's TV Play and set it to 720p @ 60hz.

The game looks.....well....tangible. I cant think of any other way to put it. For sure, it'll be the first game I run through fully in 3D.

I'm wondering of any of you PC guys can help me out. I don't know if my system can run this game at 30fps. I have to get a new video card, but here's my specs:

Dell Inspiron 580s
Intel Pentium CPU
G6950 @ 2.80ghz 2.80ghz
Installed Memory(RAM): 4.00Gb(3.80 Gb useable)
Windows 7 64 bit

Should I even bother getting a new video card, or is it a lost cause, for this game?

Quikies83

After applying the fix and setting the internal resolution within the .ini --- do we then need to go and change the ingame resolution to match??

After applying the fix and setting the internal resolution within the .ini --- do we then need to go and change the ingame resolution to match??

Set the in game resolution to your native monitor resolution if you are playing full screen or your desired window size if you are playing windowed mode.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gdrpz.jpg

Teknoman

Is it normal for character models to look like this up close?

iIlKaSXGLd46I.jpg

Seems like some aliasing issues/jaggies?

Settings:

# internal rendering resolution of the game
renderWidth 1920
renderHeight 1200

# texture filtering override
# 0 = no change, 1 = enable supersampling by downscaling, 2 = full AF override (may degrade performance)
filteringOverride 1

Do it.

Aeana

Is it normal for character models to look like this up close?

http://i.minus.com/iIlKaSXGLd46I.jpg[IMG]

Seems like some aliasing issues/jaggies?

Settings:

# internal rendering resolution of the game
renderWidth 1920
renderHeight 1200

# texture filtering override
# 0 = no change, 1 = enable supersampling by downscaling, 2 = full AF override (may degrade performance)
filteringOverride 1[/QUOTE]
I think that's the DoF problem that Durante is working on.

Wanny

I don't know why people want a FPS fix when the game is absolutely smooth as fuck @30 fps. You guys havent played the console versions right?

Razek

Banned
How often does this game dip for you guys to 15fps? The console version gave me horrible motion sickness with the resolution/fps. Seeing as though the resolution has been fixed, is it almost always stable for you guys?

(I have a 6950+2500 btw)

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know why people want a FPS fix when the game is absolutely smooth as fuck @30 fps. You guys havent played the console versions right?
PC gamers want a better game than what the console players got, because the PC can handle it.

first, Durante thanks for your hard work!

I'm having a weird issue, after the loading screen (just before you start controlling your undead character into the jail) the screen seems to be broken, it's only shown in less than a quarter of the display.

what am i doing wrong?

Eyothrie

if my desktop resolution is 1920x1080 60Hz, what are my best resolution options for the DSfix.ini? I'm not understanding downscaling/supersampling. Please help!

Top Bottom