• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Shit looked good!

I am starting to agree that they're overplaying the effects of the death of Superman, though - people viewing him more favorably after he died is one thing, "world without hope" is quite another.

Here ya' go, strafer!

rjCgbs5.gif

J_Viper

Hot damn that was a great trailer. Got me excited for the film without actually showing too much of what we haven't already seen. That intro on the farm was ace.

I actually laughed at the end too. I'm thinking Whedon might have saved Flash.

strafer

Because they edit and cut the scene to make it feel like it's dream Lois is having? This seems to be a pretty odd question.

I mean, it does because it is. Not really any other way to sell it.

Sure, it can be cut that way, but that doesn't mean the actual scene is a dream, it could possibly be the very first scene in which we see Superman in the movie.

Anyway, the movie is out in a couple of days.

Ninjimbo

Loved the opening. That felt like a movie to me with an actual story and characters and shit. Then the trailer goes full on action fest which looks cool, but not what I'm there for. Felt a little bit like a follow up to BvS which I'm happy for.

Most of it looks like a Snyder film if you ask me.

Boke1879

Loved the opening. That felt like a movie to me with an actual story and characters and shit. Then the trailer goes full on action fest which looks cool, but not what I'm there for. Felt a little bit like a follow up to BvS which I'm happy for.

Most of it looks like a Snyder film if you ask me.

I'm pretty sure most of the 3rd act will be a lot of those actions scenes.

Effect

Great trailer!!! Really enjoyed that. Think for the first time in a long while I'm hyped to see JL now. I was always going to see it and pretty sure I'd enjoy it but the hype just wasn't there. It's there now after this. Honestly I think that Lois and Clark scene might have been the thing that pushed me over.

Ninjimbo

I'm pretty sure most of the 3rd act will be a lot of those actions scenes.
That's what I'm hoping for. I want the BvS balance where it's first two hours of talking and intriguing scenes filled with ideas and world building and then a final big action set piece act. Snyder had Seven Samurai in mind when he was planning out JL and that movie follows the same sort of balance. It fleshes out each and every character and then throws them into the grinder at the end in the assault on the village.

Just something like that. The opening scene in that trailer..I want that for a lot of the movie.

Boke1879

That red sky part looks horrible, the rest was cute. Still, a complete tonal shift from. BvS, don't know if I like that.

And that was always the intent. Even from Snyder. This one was always going to be filled with hope. And I don't know what tone has really shifted.

Ahasverus

And that was always the intent. Even from Snyder. This one was always going to be filled with hope. And I don't know what tone has really shifted.
I expected that shift, but I thought it was going to be more gradual. Like, the movie starts just like BvS but gets lighter and lighter. The start of the trailer actually felt like the sequel to BvS, but the rest was a bit too light too sudden.

Whatever, it is what it is.

I only hope that red sky part gets more polished, it needs it badly.

Effect

I expected that shift, but I thought it was going to be more gradual. Like, the movie starts just like BvS but gets lighter and lighter. The start of the trailer actually felt like the sequel to BvS, but the rest was a bit too light too sudden.

Actually I think that might have originally been the plan. Maybe back when it was going to be a two parter. I think they said after BvS they said they speed certain things up once it became just one film. So the tone for JL was always going to be lighter but likely spread over two films and now it's just one so that change is coming much quicker and likely harder.

Though I think we're easily getting a time jump so the changes with Batman will be easier to take. The change with Batman is also more like him returning to normal. The Zod fight was shown to be the thing that started his change in BvS and Superman's sacrifice reversed that.

Red Skies. I think that should be looking unnatural. It's not a normal thing when it happens in the comics. It should feel surreal.

Boke1879

I'm just saying man. It's a trailer. We really don't know how it all sets up. Clearly Bruce is looking for the group. He's continuing building on the hope he got after BvS.

I mean this is also Bruce working with people other than Alfred in a long time. He probably gradually warms up as a character as well.

That red sky really isn't going to matter in the grand scheme. It's movie CGI. Yes it's noticeable, but when time comes no one is going to give two fucks.

Ninjimbo

After BvS's reception, they changed the script. Roven said JL was going to follow BvS's tone and start out fairly serious and then go the lighter route. It was supposed to be gradual but according to Roven, after the reception, they decided to fast track the lighter stuff. Who knows what exactly changed to make that happen, but if it's stuff like Cyborg's Arc getting altered so that it wouldn't allude to racial issues and identity, I'll be pissed.

Ahasverus

Who knows what exactly changed to make that happen, but if it's stuff like Cyborg's Arc getting altered so that it wouldn't allude to racial issues and identity, I'll be pissed.
I thought Cyborg was supposed to be a symbol of disabled people, not race issues.

The problem with the red skies is not that they're, well, red, but that it feels like actors live in another plane of existence compared to the background, and physics went whack.

Doesn't feel real at all.

Ninjimbo

I thought Cyborg was supposed to be a symbol of disabled people, not race issues.

The problem with the red skies is not that they're, well, red, but that it feels like actors live in another plane of existence compared to the background, and physics went whack.

Doesn't feel real at all.
It could be. I'm still not sure. Joe Morton (I think) talked a little bit about the arc and it sounded to me like race was a part of that picture, but my memory could be fuzzy in that regard. I just don't want to see a watered down character. We already have cartoons and animated movies that do that with Cyborg. Do something more interesting for the older crowds that watch these films.

Loxley

Was worth it just for that opening sequence, I really enjoyed that.

They're still do a pretty bad job of telling audiences what the actual plot is though. Have any of the trailers mentioned Steppenwolf by name? All we've gotten so far is vaguely ominous dialogue about invasions, the world ending, etc. Then again, maybe that's all people need to get asses in seats :p

IconGrist

They're still do a pretty bad job of telling audiences what the actual plot is though. Have any of the trailers mentioned Steppenwolf by name? All we've gotten so far is vaguely ominous dialogue about invasions, the world ending, etc. Then again, maybe that's all people need to get asses in seats :p

Its not like Steppenwolf is well known. They can get away with it because even if they say his name who besides a comic fan would even know who he is?

Boke1879

I mean the plot is an invasion. It's really just that simple and Bruce is find a team of superheroes to help stop it.

Ashhong

I'm disappointed that it was set to yet another rock song. I guess we aren't gonna get like a slower, story trailer with beautiful ost music

jrush64

Banned
I loved the trailer. It was nice, subdued and not too loud. I can say that I am looking forward to it. It's as good as wonder woman's last trailer.

Let's just hope that it reviews well because it needs to. I believe in you Joss.

The OT topic is of course filled with the usual bs. Nitpicking and mental gymnastics to find something to bitch about.

Top Bottom