• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

They've done an amazing job of hiding superman in this marketing. But man I gotta see that guy fight alongside the league

Like I wonder if that red sky shit is the third act.

ReiGun

They've done an amazing job of hiding superman in this marketing. But man I gotta see that guy fight alongside the league

Like I wonder if that red sky shit is the third act.

Most likely. Red skies are always a sign of full Apokolips invasion or some other major, 'capital C' Crisis in DC. The skies probably go haywire once Steppenwolf brings his full army.

Dead

well not really...yet
Watching the trailer a few more times, I appreciate that the story arc is staying true to the end of BvS. Bruce’s commitment to the promise he makes at the end, and his realization he needs others and can’t go at it alone anymore. I like that he even mentions the Knightmare as well lol.

The single biggest thing the movie needs to knock out of the park to be honest is Superman’s return. If it does that, it will win over a lot of people i think, and more importantly will validate Snyder’s arc for the character he setup in BvS.

Also, dig the cover of heroes. That band, Gang of Youths, from Australia, put out an amazing album last month.

Watching the trailer a few more times, I appreciate that the story arc is staying true to the end of BvS. Bruce’s commitment to the promise he makes at the end, and his realization he needs others and can’t go at it alone anymore. I like that he even mentions the Knightmare as well lol.

The single biggest thing the movie needs to knock out of the park to be honest is Superman’s return. If it does that, it will win over a lot of people i think, and more importantly will validate Snyder’s arc for the character he setup in BvS.

Yeah I like that they're acknowledging the nightmare scene and also this emphasis on supermans presence even in death.

It's looking more and more likely that this movie will close his arc of being a reluctant superhero and more of the guy we've seen in other superman movies. And not in a reactionary way too since it's been planned years ago and been talked about by Snyder and terrio before I believe

Dead

well not really...yet
I just hope they are spending the next month punching up the cg as much as possible. Seems they are really cutting it close to the wire.

Depending on the timeline, JL is starting or continuing Aquaman’s arc. He’s starting out as a loner, abandoning his throne, and it’s easy to imagine his interactions with the JL will help him reevaluate his role as King.

Cyborg’s arc is more or less clear. Guy coming to terms with his disabilities and new nature as half-machine.

Flash’s is questionable. Diana has her shit together.

The Justice League hype is starting here in my country.

Apparently we'll be getting it a day earlier.

f.jpg

Sambrez_

I had a dream last night (my brain musn't have like that I watched 10x times the trailer). It was supposed to be Justice League.
Bats and Flash were attacking some warehouse where Green Lantern was supposed to be.
But as Batman moved on the roof, he stumble on Deathstroke, they fight but in the end Batman left, saying to Flash "Nope, no Green Lantern in the movie". Haha

But as they were climbing down the building, a floating green chair appears on screen, with Green Lantern sitting on it, very cool. And in my dream, he had very short hair with longer hair done with green constructs.

I should see someone.

Ashhong

I dig the red sky, but I think they should tone down the red tint on everything else. Just a bit. That's what's making it look "too cgi"

Personally I’d want it to look like the Knightmare scene from BvS. And I think part of the problem is that it looks like a red tint over the whole image, rather than the skies being red.

It’s sort of the problem I had with MoS and Age of Ultron, where the image was too cool or too warm. There’s always artistic license but in JL it feels localized to that big action scene.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Personally I’d want it to look like the Knightmare scene from BvS. And I think part of the problem is that it looks like a red tint over the whole image, rather than the skies being red.

It’s sort of the problem I had with MoS and Age of Ultron, where the image was too cool or too warm. There’s always artistic license but in JL it feels localized to that big action scene.
Yeah, I can agree to this. This whole red sky CGI stuff is literally going to only be in the last battle of the movie. This movie is supposed to be 2.5 hours, right? It'll be like 15-20 minutes of that run time. I'm sure this movie on a whole will look amazing, just like all of Zack's movies. He makes his worlds have a "hyper-real" feel to them. In fact, all of the DC movies do this and SHOULD continue to do this. It's what makes their Earth feel different than Marvel's, and that's absolutely fine. I love that the studios have different looks and feels like their comics do. DC is gods and monsters on Earth, Marvel is always accidents and "mistakes" living on our Earth.

Ashhong

Yeah, I can agree to this. This whole red sky CGI stuff is literally going to only be in the last battle of the movie. This movie is supposed to be 2.5 hours, right? It'll be like 15-20 minutes of that run time. I'm sure this movie on a whole will look amazing, just like all of Zack's movies. He makes his worlds have a "hyper-real" feel to them. In fact, all of the DC movies do this and SHOULD continue to do this. It's what makes their Earth feel different than Marvel's, and that's absolutely fine. I love that the studios have different looks and feels like their comics do. DC is gods and monsters on Earth, Marvel is always accidents and "mistakes" living on our Earth.

If in the movie you see the red sky forming and the colors changing, it will all make sense and be fine IMO. And that is most likely what's going to happen as well.

Wake me up when Snyder comes near to a quality movie like War for the Planet of the Apes, then we'll talk.

I enjoyed BvS more than War and I thought War was pretty good

Neophant

Having seen War in a marathon screening with Dawn and Rise all in one day, it was pretty clear that with Matt Reeves having screenwriting duties with Mark Bomback, it had problems with the tone, pacing, and writing compared to how Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver handled the first two installments. I do hope that Matt will bring in somebody to help write, maybe somebody who's had a good grasp of writing Batman, excluding Geoff Johns. My nominations are Scott Snyder, Greg Rucka, Paul Dini, or Pete Tomasi.

Top Bottom