• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

I've been out of the loop with the Affleck news. Why does he look so different in the re-shoorts and what did I read about a wig?

Basically, 10 months more or less passed between JL wrapping and reshoots happening in June/July. Add in a stint in rehab and drinking problems.

The wig, Ben had the idea of a front hair piece to make him look more like the comic book versions of Bruce Wayne. It's not a full piece, but a piece where his bangs would be.

The version of the trailer that I've been waiting for is finally here: https://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/justice-league-2017/

High bitrate video plus lossless 5.1 audio! Hooray! It's almost a full 1GB, but it'll be worth it.

Edit: Two gifs from the new TV spot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh9OHTDL8wc

3euZ7vn.gif

Whew. Now that is a GIF. I thank you for your service.

I've been hella mixed on Snyder's output as a filmmaker. but I gotta say as a director of comic book movies he has the iconography on point at least. I love the look of BvS, and some of the shots in this Justice League trailer are up there too imo. that gif of them rising up to Batman's plane (?) for instance, or the shot of Batman looking at the batsignal as his jet appears in front of him.

nice stuff.

whoever they hire for Justice League 2, I hope its not Whedon first of all. and secondly I hope they also have a good eye and cinematographer. Matt Reeves makes great looking blockbusters too, as does Nolan. I don't see either of them taking that movie on though (well in Nolan's case thats obvious)

J_Viper

whoever they hire for Justice League 2, I hope its not Whedon first of all. and secondly I hope they also have a good eye and cinematographer. Matt Reeves makes great looking blockbusters too, as does Nolan. I don't see either of them taking that movie on though (well in Nolan's case thats obvious)

Wan already made a Super Hero Team Up flick with Furious 7, so if Aquaman is huge, I can see him getting the keys.

In that case, the villain for JL2 will be Annabelle

Please no Whedon for Justice League 2. Not a fan of him on Batgirl either, but whatever.

For some reason folks got in their heads that J.A. Bayona is doing Man of Steel 2, if not, and depending on how Jurassic World 2 goes, he's alright for a blockbuster director. I doubt it'd happen, but Jeff Nichols' Justice League 2 would be amazing. I could see by the time they're ready for a JL2, maybe asking Andy Muschietti. I dunno. It's far away.

Jeff Nichols is the man. Stuff like this just ain't for him though. I was pretty damn shocked that he was even being considered for aquaman considering the type of movies he seems to be into making, no matter the budget or whatever

Was a nice nod to have the alien kid in midnight special reading a superman comic tho....while general zod drives him haha

By the time JL2 comes around, if it even happens, it will likely be someone who gets hot in the next 2-3 years.

I don't think it will be any of the directors who are attached to the solo films. Wan, Jenkins, and Reeves seem like the type that are more than happy to just play in their corner of the sandbox where they can have more control over the characters and stories they want to tell instead of some massive ensemble piece.

Ashhong

So we can assume Bruce/Alfred are watching the security cam footage of the robbery/assassination attempt at the court house that Wonder Woman stops in London? Must be how he's keeping tabs on her.

Also, that shot of them in the lift going up into the Flying Fox... Batman is in his tech suit, which means that's nearing the end of the movie probably right before the red skies scenes. Which then means, Superman ain't there yet, so he might really not show up until the last 20 minutes of the movie in all his glory. That'd be kinda depressing. Or maybe the red sky stuff is like the 2nd battle of 3 and we haven't seen the real final confrontation yet?

He just looks bloated in the face. Also the wig isn't sitting right on his head when you compare it to the comic con trailer from last year when he's in the fishing town looking for Arthur.

It looks like that's their first foray into the Fox, so it could easily be within the first half of the movie. The Empire article says they lose a fight, go into the batcave, crack a few jokes, then who knows. Supes I think will probably show up sometime before the big fight, be confused and fight the JL for a minute, then join them in the sun.

The long and short of it is a rehab for a drinking problem and falling off the diet and workout regimen between the main shoot and reshoots.

Basically, 10 months more or less passed between JL wrapping and reshoots happening in June/July. Add in a stint in rehab and drinking problems.

The wig, Ben had the idea of a front hair piece to make him look more like the comic book versions of Bruce Wayne. It's not a full piece, but a piece where his bangs would be.

That's really unfortunate. Hopefully, he's doing better now. I still don't understand how the hairpiece makes sense when it's only in a couple of scenes.

Sambrez_

I'm sure it's gonna be find and we won't see much differences in the movie.
I remember being shocked by the differences for Jared Leto in SS when seeing the pictures, but in the movie I didn't see anything. And for Ben, it's not that gap of difference.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Steppenwolf with that sky beam lol. Arrows were coming at him, so it looks like that's from the first invasion attempt with the Amazons and humans defending it.

Top Bottom